• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be fascinating to see how Lebron handles missing the playoffs in his prime. (IF it happens).

I am a solid Lebron fan. I always root for him.

But, part of me wants to see it, just for the sake of entertainment on message boards and talk radio.

I dont think I have ever seen a truly elite all time great (not just an allstar) in their absolute prime miss the playoffs.
Did Kobe before they acquired Gasol (if he qualifies)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs just need to make sure they get at least one big time player over the next 3 years.

I would imagine they will be in the lotto for at least this yer and next year and likely the following year.

I dont care what year it is- you just cant be 0/3. Whether you pick 1st or 5th or 10th---- just make sure out of the 3 high picks you get the next 3 years (hopefully/maybe they can add another one somewhere) that you get at least one big time guy.

and hopefully make sure that the other guys you pick turn out to be solid guys at the very least.

Now- you might take some risks- like I am sure the Cavs thought Drummond was less risky than Waiters- but Waiters talent led them to take a risk- to try and find a star. IT obviously did not work out.

So, shit i would love if they got Zion, but if they dont, just make sure that next year you get Edwards or the following year you get someone big.

You just cant go 0/3 and be content with good but not great players- and the Lakers current predicament is a perfect example of that.
amen to all of that. Get a guy like Zion - IF he is as advertised - and maybe they can become a contender again. Just a good player or players? I am just thankful Gilbert and Lebron did what they did and allowed us to see even 1 title.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers are currently 26th in the NBA in 3 pt. shooting at .339%--- they are ahead of Memphis, Detroit, New York and Phoenix.

also, just for shits and giggles, the Lakers are currently tied for last in the NBA in free throw shooting (with Miami) at 68.7%
But Magic and the GM/agent said they didn't need shooters like the Cavs had.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah it was like mid December and he was giving us like hourly updates. lol

havent seen many updates the last few MONTHS.

if the Cavs were ever 28-29 with LeBron the pitch forks would be out. Even in his first stint in Cleveland where his 2nd best player was who? fucking Z? Larry Boos? Delonte West? they still managed to win a shit ton of games and always went on some crazy runs.

This Lakers roster was ill-conceived from the start. As i said in the summer- put some great shooters and some tough ass rebounders around lebron.
And there were actually some who don't think he'd want Love on his team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhhh....playoff Kyrie can drop 40 on you without even thinking.....and do it efficiently.

im not scared of most of the other boston players in a playofff series. Kyrie is terrifying though.
I agree, though Tatum for sure seems to play better without him. Less tentative maybe? Knows he's "the man"?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ja is prob. rather duplicative of Sexton though....

though- that thinking caused them not to take Lillard with Kyrie which was a mistake.

id be blown away with Zion- but Barret or Reddis hwould be just fine.

Just at some point they need to find that next franchise guy.

In the NBA until you have that franchise guy its really all for naught.

Sixers hit on Embiid and Simmons- it doesnt matter that they whiffed on Noel, Okafor, Fultz, ---

you just need that one guy that lets all the other guys fit into their correct roles.

I hope they find it---- you CAN find it at 10 or 12--- the Jazz found Mitchel at 10, the Bucks found Giannis at 12- the Spurs got Kawhi at 14....but its very hard and rare to do it.

out of the 3-4 lotto picks they are gonna get the next few years they just gotta find at least one big time franchise guy.
Here's a hypothetical for ya.....if someone told you the Cavs can have the #3 pick for sure or take their chances what would you do? What about #2? I think for sure I take 2, as it's almost as likely we end up at 5-7 as #1.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...I wonder what it could be.

Could it be Magic putting together a bad team around Lebron? Nah, couldn't be that. Not like there was anyone saying last summer that the post-Lebron signings were garbage, the team wasn't very good and would only go as far as Lebron carried them. Nope. Not it.

What else? Could it be Lebron looked around and saw his team was bad, tried to trade his whole team and also get the coach fired so now everyone is checked out because "Hey, who gives a shit. I'm not gonna be here anyway"? Nah. That wouldn't happen. Especially since they signed a bunch of quality veteran leaders in the offseason and not a bunch of cast offs and head cases.

Nope. Can't think of any reasons what would be off with the Lakers. :noidea:
Did you laugh as much as I did when Lebron stated he wanted smart players and their first 2 signings were McGee and Lance?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a hypothetical for ya.....if someone told you the Cavs can have the #3 pick for sure or take their chances what would you do? What about #2? I think for sure I take 2, as it's almost as likely we end up at 5-7 as #1.

I would still take my chances. Plus it looks like Reddish is falling on the boards they could get him at 4 or 5. I would actually prefer Reddish to Barrett right now, RJ just seems like too much of a Wiggins type of player and that scares me. imo.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"James becomes the first player in NBA history to lead a postseason in scoring and switch teams the following offseason."

:pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

He was talking trash about the Hawks.....should a Cavs fan really talk trash about another bad team? :pound:

You would talk trash about the Cavs when the Lakers were garbage. I really don't see your point. The Lakers lost to a bad team in the Hawks and you are trying to make excuses bringing up they beat the Nuggets and the Cavs LOL

The hilarious part is...The Lakers are in exactly the same place as the Cavs, not making the playoffs....except the Cavs right now get a top 3 pick. And the Lakers have Lebron.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers may have a difficult time making the playoffs if they're out of the playoffs entering April.

Schedule in April is at OKC, vs GSW, Clippers, VS Utah, & VS Portland.

They have a solid schedule otherwise though

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the regular season.

You definitely play Hayward minutes in the regular season.

If it were the post season and Hayward was playing this mediocre and he was still getting minutes... they might have a point.

As it is... they don't.

Yeah, it's not like this is "just some guy". He's an all star caliber player. He suffered a really bad injury and sat out an entire year. It's going to take time (and minutes) for him to get completely back both physically and mentally.

It may be next season before he's all the way back.

The youngsters seem like they may have gotten a little full of themselves with what they accomplished last year without him and Kyrie.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would talk trash about the Cavs when the Lakers were garbage. I really don't see your point. The Lakers lost to a bad team in the Hawks and you are trying to make excuses bringing up they beat the Nuggets and the Cavs LOL

The hilarious part is...The Lakers are in exactly the same place as the Cavs, not making the playoffs....except the Cavs right now get a top 3 pick. And the Lakers have Lebron.

The playoffs start today, huh?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...but was replying to you saying he signed 1-1s with the Cavs when he also mixed in the 2 and 1.

No, I wasn't a part of the convo (tlance was other guy I think)......never said anything about signing 1 and 1's, but decided to educate you on his current contract since you were misinformed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference in the coaches is that Stevens has proven he can coach while the jury is still out on Walton considering his record last year & how things have gone despite having the gift of LBJ this season.

Not sure why last years record would count against Luke considering the roster they had.

As for this year, they were ahead of schedule until all of the injuries hit.

It'll be interesting to see what happens after the all star break. Right now, I think guys are kind of worn out mentally from all of the speculation around trying to trade for AD and physically from guys having to play larger roles because of the injuries.

Maybe they get a few days off, recharge and come back playing better?

They're going to have to if they're going to make the playoffs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I wasn't a part of the convo (tlance was other guy I think)......never said anything about signing 1 and 1's, but decided to educate you on his current contract since you were misinformed.
OK, you acknowledge I was not replying to you but seem to get I was talking about his Cavalier contracts. I get not in you to admit your gaffe, but clearly I was not talking about his Laker deal.

apology accepted.