• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs just need to make sure they get at least one big time player over the next 3 years.

I would imagine they will be in the lotto for at least this yer and next year and likely the following year.

I dont care what year it is- you just cant be 0/3. Whether you pick 1st or 5th or 10th---- just make sure out of the 3 high picks you get the next 3 years (hopefully/maybe they can add another one somewhere) that you get at least one big time guy.

and hopefully make sure that the other guys you pick turn out to be solid guys at the very least.

Now- you might take some risks- like I am sure the Cavs thought Drummond was less risky than Waiters- but Waiters talent led them to take a risk- to try and find a star. IT obviously did not work out.

So, shit i would love if they got Zion, but if they dont, just make sure that next year you get Edwards or the following year you get someone big.

You just cant go 0/3 and be content with good but not great players- and the Lakers current predicament is a perfect example of that.

IMO, there's a clear top 4 this year. Zion, RJ, Ja and Reddish. So just getting a top 4 pick should yield back a very good player, if not elite. After the top 4 it gets tricky IMO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, there's a clear top 4 this year. Zion, RJ, Ja and Reddish. So just getting a top 4 pick should yield back a very good player, if not elite. After the top 4 it gets tricky IMO.
Ja is prob. rather duplicative of Sexton though....

though- that thinking caused them not to take Lillard with Kyrie which was a mistake.

id be blown away with Zion- but Barret or Reddis hwould be just fine.

Just at some point they need to find that next franchise guy.

In the NBA until you have that franchise guy its really all for naught.

Sixers hit on Embiid and Simmons- it doesnt matter that they whiffed on Noel, Okafor, Fultz, ---

you just need that one guy that lets all the other guys fit into their correct roles.

I hope they find it---- you CAN find it at 10 or 12--- the Jazz found Mitchel at 10, the Bucks found Giannis at 12- the Spurs got Kawhi at 14....but its very hard and rare to do it.

out of the 3-4 lotto picks they are gonna get the next few years they just gotta find at least one big time franchise guy.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang Cousins is KILLING us tonight. Plus we are playing at half speed. Allstar break needed stat.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ja is prob. rather duplicative of Sexton though....

though- that thinking caused them not to take Lillard with Kyrie which was a mistake.

id be blown away with Zion- but Barret or Reddis hwould be just fine.

Just at some point they need to find that next franchise guy.

In the NBA until you have that franchise guy its really all for naught.

Sixers hit on Embiid and Simmons- it doesnt matter that they whiffed on Noel, Okafor, Fultz, ---

you just need that one guy that lets all the other guys fit into their correct roles.

I hope they find it---- you CAN find it at 10 or 12--- the Jazz found Mitchel at 10, the Bucks found Giannis at 12- the Spurs got Kawhi at 14....but its very hard and rare to do it.

out of the 3-4 lotto picks they are gonna get the next few years they just gotta find at least one big time franchise guy.

I think ja is a better prospect than what Sexton was. And I liked Sexton coming out. I'm most definitely in the minority but I'd take RJ #1, Ja #2 regardless of team. Might be like 2014 all over again where everyone was in on Wiggins and Parker and Embiid is so much better. I just think Zion will have a harder time getting his shot and he's not the playmaker the other two are capable of.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Iggy is carrying us....have a game old man

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is just off with this Lakers squad.

Hmm...I wonder what it could be.

Could it be Magic putting together a bad team around Lebron? Nah, couldn't be that. Not like there was anyone saying last summer that the post-Lebron signings were garbage, the team wasn't very good and would only go as far as Lebron carried them. Nope. Not it.

What else? Could it be Lebron looked around and saw his team was bad, tried to trade his whole team and also get the coach fired so now everyone is checked out because "Hey, who gives a shit. I'm not gonna be here anyway"? Nah. That wouldn't happen. Especially since they signed a bunch of quality veteran leaders in the offseason and not a bunch of cast offs and head cases.

Nope. Can't think of any reasons what would be off with the Lakers. :noidea:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof, I don't know if Luke is gonna make it

At this point, I hope they fire him in the All Star week. Let him be free of it. He doesn't deserve what's happened to him. He's a better coach and a better person than to get this shoveled on his plate and people keep acting like its all his fault.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph Curry just MVP-ed up in Oakland holy shit

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will be the first to admit that I am butt-hurt about LeBron leaving Cleveland for LA- without a doubt true

but damn is it sweet to see:

-them go into the break at 28-29,
-10th in the West,
-LeBron showing cracks in his health for the first time in his career,
-a huge botched trade attempt for a star that blew up in their face
-their other free agent target last summer that they could have easily had by trade (PG) absolutely setting the world on fire
-LaVar Ball continuing to spout nonsense
-After hearing "Mr. Glass" from @DJ for years about Kyrie- being able to throw it back in his face with Lonzo Mr. Glass Ball
-and a little panic start to creep into LeBron's voice about the possibility of going from 8 straight Finals appearances to possibly missing the post season entirely.

Grass aint always greener brah. lol

As I said if LeBron had approached this season completely different it completely changes the narrative. If he comes in and says "hey we have a lot of young pieces with upside and the plan is by year two we are competing for titlles" then it takes a little pressure off. It actually builds a plan. The team doesn't panic and try to mortgage all their pieces for AD and you can evaluate at year end what you want to do.

Sure maybe the parts on the Lakers are more talented that what the Cavs had last year but obviously that's the East and despite all the moves the Cavs had vets and their pieces complimented each other and LeBron moreso.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be fascinating to see how Lebron handles missing the playoffs in his prime. (IF it happens).

I am a solid Lebron fan. I always root for him.

But, part of me wants to see it, just for the sake of entertainment on message boards and talk radio.

I dont think I have ever seen a truly elite all time great (not just an allstar) in their absolute prime miss the playoffs.

Sorry, but no.

I have been among LeBron's biggest supporters here. His stats still look terrific and he is in the conversation for best player in the league:

But he is NOT in his prime. He makes up for some of the bounce and energy he has lost with his brain. But that doesn't mean he is prime LeBron.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing loss. Clearly the Sixers still have some work to do. Tatum, Hayward and Horford played extremely well tonight.

Turnovers. Couple of missed free throws from Jimmy.

Seemed like Boston kept finding open shots while ours were mostly contested.
Brett Brown needs to go back to the drawing board.
More PnR plays with Harris/Butler using Embiid/Simmons as the roll man.
Maybe use Bolden instead of Boban.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to wonder whether the Celtics are a better team with Kyrie on the court though.
The C's had their backs to the wall and were playing motivated, harassing defense... that's what caught my eye.

That's a team thing... they should be doing that consistently, not just when their back is to the wall.

And it's tough not to pin some (most?) of the blame for that on the self-proclaiming leader Kyrie.

Anywho: the C's were down and due for a bounce back, now Philly gets their chance to bounce back... that's the way the NBA goes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and, if this is true, it's not hard to understand why NOLA passed on the Kiddie Corps.

Strong arm tactics, Big Bullshit Brand nonsense aside....

Nothing like wanting a player who wants you back.

IF this is true.

To be fair, Tatum has an easier path to such a role. I think Lonzo saw a convoluted back court situation that he didn't want to deal with. He was fine with Phoenix, where there was a clear opening and role for him. Still should shut his trap and enjoy his millions of dollars, especially as a kid.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His trip to Cancun will be extended.

I wish there was an obvious choice to replace him. Otherwise, changing now won't accomplish much. No retreads, need someone with the modern NBA in mind.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...I wonder what it could be.

Could it be Magic putting together a bad team around Lebron? Nah, couldn't be that. Not like there was anyone saying last summer that the post-Lebron signings were garbage, the team wasn't very good and would only go as far as Lebron carried them. Nope. Not it.

What else? Could it be Lebron looked around and saw his team was bad, tried to trade his whole team and also get the coach fired so now everyone is checked out because "Hey, who gives a shit. I'm not gonna be here anyway"? Nah. That wouldn't happen. Especially since they signed a bunch of quality veteran leaders in the offseason and not a bunch of cast offs and head cases.

Nope. Can't think of any reasons what would be off with the Lakers. :noidea:

No defense on the ball certainly hurts. Say what you want about Ball's scoring, he's a very solid defender. Rondo just doesn't defend much anymore other than the occasional steal or jump into a passing lane.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Tatum has an easier path to such a role. I think Lonzo saw a convoluted back court situation that he didn't want to deal with. He was fine with Phoenix, where there was a clear opening and role for him. Still should shut his trap and enjoy his millions of dollars, especially as a kid.
Yeah, the Suns are the island of misfit toys.

But, they have a big ole GLARING HOLE at pg.

Despite giving up a 1st and 2nd at the deadline, so does Orlando.

Fultz head is a bag of cats.

Both teams are probably hoping for Zion.

But, they really need Ja Morant.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I hope they fire him in the All Star week. Let him be free of it. He doesn't deserve what's happened to him. He's a better coach and a better person than to get this shoveled on his plate and people keep acting like its all his fault.
It's not his fault.

The timeline completely changed the moment they signed LeBron.

This is not the job he was hired to do.

But, fair or not...

He probably needs to go.

There is a problem though....

Like @shopson67 said: There really isn't a obvious replacement.

You fire him and promote Shaw?

Bring in Ty Lue, Kidd, Fish?

Pass, pass, HARD PASS.