• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca Muscala got a DNP because he was hurt.....heard it on the post-game show.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Management did their part....lol

Doc needs to give Robinson all of Lou's minutes under the guise of development.

That would do it...lol
Do that, play Montrezl 5-10 minutes less per game, and sit Gallo for the season. Should be enough to keep a pick. Also let the Kings beat the Clippers for once.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks beat the Nuggets at home.

They beat the Cavs at home.

They beat the Thunder at home.

They also beat the Cavs by 22 in Cleveland.
oh shit they beat the Cavs twice?

I was not aware- carry on then- not a bad loss at all.

I mean shit if they can beat the Cavs they can beat anyone.:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is just off with this Lakers squad.
uhhh yah

its called Kyle Kuzma is your 2nd best player.

if the Lakers did not have that game winning shot by Rondo they would be riding a 5 game losing streak into the break.

That Rondo shot saved their season for the time being.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone knows where the Lakers are ranked in 3 pt shooting? @WiggyRuss @DJ
the Lakers are currently 26th in the NBA in 3 pt. shooting at .339%--- they are ahead of Memphis, Detroit, New York and Phoenix.

also, just for shits and giggles, the Lakers are currently tied for last in the NBA in free throw shooting (with Miami) at 68.7%

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers are currently 26th in the NBA in 3 pt. shooting at .339%--- they are ahead of Memphis, Detroit, New York and Phoenix.

also, just for shits and giggles, the Lakers are currently tied for last in the NBA in free throw shooting (with Miami) at 68.7%

Remember when DJ would brag about their 3 point shooting earlier in the season when they would have a good shooting night once every 2-3 weeks lmaoo

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question:

Have you allowed yourself to entertain the thought that you may not get Zion?

I'm not trolling.

I'm asking because almost every member of your fandom seems to have pinned their hopes for the future on landing this one guy.

Would you be upset if you ended up with Barrett?

I mean, everyone knew LeBron was the prize of the 2003 draft class.

But, could the Heat really be upset that they landed D Wade?

That's how I see Ja and Barrett.

As long as you don't get the Darko, you good.
Cavs just need to make sure they get at least one big time player over the next 3 years.

I would imagine they will be in the lotto for at least this yer and next year and likely the following year.

I dont care what year it is- you just cant be 0/3. Whether you pick 1st or 5th or 10th---- just make sure out of the 3 high picks you get the next 3 years (hopefully/maybe they can add another one somewhere) that you get at least one big time guy.

and hopefully make sure that the other guys you pick turn out to be solid guys at the very least.

Now- you might take some risks- like I am sure the Cavs thought Drummond was less risky than Waiters- but Waiters talent led them to take a risk- to try and find a star. IT obviously did not work out.

So, shit i would love if they got Zion, but if they dont, just make sure that next year you get Edwards or the following year you get someone big.

You just cant go 0/3 and be content with good but not great players- and the Lakers current predicament is a perfect example of that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing loss. Clearly the Sixers still have some work to do. Tatum, Hayward and Horford played extremely well tonight.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when DJ would brag about their 3 point shooting earlier in the season when they would have a good shooting night once every 2-3 weeks lmaoo
yah it was like mid December and he was giving us like hourly updates. lol

havent seen many updates the last few MONTHS.

if the Cavs were ever 28-29 with LeBron the pitch forks would be out. Even in his first stint in Cleveland where his 2nd best player was who? fucking Z? Larry Boos? Delonte West? they still managed to win a shit ton of games and always went on some crazy runs.

This Lakers roster was ill-conceived from the start. As i said in the summer- put some great shooters and some tough ass rebounders around lebron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing loss. Clearly the Sixers still have some work to do. Tatum, Hayward and Horford played extremely well tonight.
Boston has been playing together forever and had more to prove in this game after not making a move.

This was a loss that should only focus the Sixers- if they won they might be buying into their shit not stinking al ittle too much and all the talent they have etc....

having a tough loss like this burn their ass a little bit over the break is a good thing if you ask me.

Celtics shot 45% from 3. Its surprising that it was as close asit was with the Sixers shooting 33% from 3.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised that Kuzma is at only 32% from 3

not at all surprised that Ingram is at 29% from 3

Josh Hart was on fire the first 6 weeks of the season from 3 but has been ice cold since.

Stephenson has shot great from 3.

Rondo- only 2.2 attempts per game- but is at almost 42% from 3 which is shocking--- but then again he has only taken a total of like 40 some attempts on the entire season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston has been playing together forever and had more to prove in this game after not making a move.

This was a loss that should only focus the Sixers- if they won they might be buying into their shit not stinking al ittle too much and all the talent they have etc....

having a tough loss like this burn their ass a little bit over the break is a good thing if you ask me.

Celtics shot 45% from 3. Its surprising that it was as close asit was with the Sixers shooting 33% from 3.

Yeah. Hardly the end of the world. I imagine the media will, once again, flip the script about both teams but things haven't really changed.

I am starting to wonder whether the Celtics are a better team with Kyrie on the court though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Hardly the end of the world. I imagine the media will, once again, flip the script about both teams but things haven't really changed.

I am starting to wonder whether the Celtics are a better team with Kyrie on the court though.
ehhhh....playoff Kyrie can drop 40 on you without even thinking.....and do it efficiently.

im not scared of most of the other boston players in a playofff series. Kyrie is terrifying though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will be the first to admit that I am butt-hurt about LeBron leaving Cleveland for LA- without a doubt true

but damn is it sweet to see:

-them go into the break at 28-29,
-10th in the West,
-LeBron showing cracks in his health for the first time in his career,
-a huge botched trade attempt for a star that blew up in their face
-their other free agent target last summer that they could have easily had by trade (PG) absolutely setting the world on fire
-LaVar Ball continuing to spout nonsense
-After hearing "Mr. Glass" from @DJ for years about Kyrie- being able to throw it back in his face with Lonzo Mr. Glass Ball
-and a little panic start to creep into LeBron's voice about the possibility of going from 8 straight Finals appearances to possibly missing the post season entirely.

Grass aint always greener brah. lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be fascinating to see how Lebron handles missing the playoffs in his prime. (IF it happens).

I am a solid Lebron fan. I always root for him.

But, part of me wants to see it, just for the sake of entertainment on message boards and talk radio.

I dont think I have ever seen a truly elite all time great (not just an allstar) in their absolute prime miss the playoffs.

He's not in his prime though