• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I totally believe that the Pelicans leaked this.

I don't know about you, but , I think this whole thing was the machinations of LeBron and Rich Paul.

Like they are doing with Zion, they recruited Davis with this particular plan in mind.

I won't go as far as to say Magic was in on it.

I don't actually believe he was in on the plan.

But, he found out long before the rest of us.

I say all this to say....

Rich Paul, Davis' Father, had no problem undercutting the Pelicans by making his demand public and trying to sabotage a Celtics bid to get him to the Lakers.

So, why would NOLA care about making things uncomfortable in Lakerland?

The Lakers may not have been complicit.

But, they were more than willing to benefit from Klutch's wrong doing.
Pretty sure it was all about spite. And if Seinfeld can return a shirt over spite.......

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes i did.

Dorsey was the one that drafted Hunt in Kansas City and obviously seems willing to take a chance on him.

I gotta say- you not taking the Raiders vs. Browns bet was a good look!

I mean- its not as good as your "The Cavs are saving money with these trades" take was hilariously bad....

but obviously you knew the Raiders were gonna be dog shit.
I'd be really excited if we didn't already have Chubb but figure nothing to lose. Someone was gonna sign him so better us than the steelers or ravens

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be really excited if we didn't already have Chubb but figure nothing to lose. Someone was gonna sign him so better us than the steelers or ravens

I mean it's only a million bucks and he's a nice backup for Chubb who already has one major knee injury under his belt.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he is a NE Ohio kid.

and, his actions were without a doubt totally abhorrent- but to be honest i was surprised the amount of vitriol he got.

his physical actions were more disrespectful then they were injurious.

You see Ray Rice just blast his GF which was disgusting. Hunt was a total idiot and was wrong and his actions were also disgusting- but he didnt hurt anyone or even try and hurt anyone from what i could tell from the video.

dude has to learn self control---- i can understand that self control is difficult when you are drunk and getting called the N word etc by a couple girls that wanted to go up to your hotel room in the wee hours of the morning, but you just gotta be way smarter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they make it.
with how bad the Mavs are, and how the Clippers basically gave up, i gotta think so too--- especially with the Spurs really sucking lately too

at this point i THINK the Lakers will make the playoffs as much as i do not want them to.

itll be close but i think they make it. Sacramento is still too young and too inexperienced and the Lakers have LeBron.

Now if LeBron has to sit out a few more games or gets hurt again all bets are off.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs get the #1 pick it will be interesting to see how Klutch deals with the Cavs.
Yeah, no shit.

Who's the last NBA Rookie to pull a Danny Ferry?

Was it Steve Francis?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no shit.

Was it Steve Francis?
doesnt happen very often in the NBA.

i hope its a situation the Cavs have to deal with quite frankly. lol

but who knows.

I think you gotta take Zion if you have #1 overall- but i think that you would also have to listen to offers if you could still get Barrett or Reddish and you really liked one of those guys.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers hired a first time head coach, an agent who had no experience being a GM, and Magic Johnson, who had no experience being a GM, to run the operations of their franchise.

Think about that.

No where in this organization is there really any experience and it explains a lot of the mistakes they have made.

Can anyone say the Lakers would not be much much better off if they say- hired David Griffin to be the GM and an experienced coach?
I think Griffin would be better than what they have but have never understood the fascination with him.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with how bad the Mavs are, and how the Clippers basically gave up, i gotta think so too--- especially with the Spurs really sucking lately too

at this point i THINK the Lakers will make the playoffs as much as i do not want them to.

itll be close but i think they make it. Sacramento is still too young and too inexperienced and the Lakers have LeBron.

Now if LeBron has to sit out a few more games or gets hurt again all bets are off.
The Clips gave up? Not sure if you saw that game on Sat. against the Celts. lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said.

Spot on....imo

They were in such a hurry to get away from Jimmah and Mitch that they skipped a step; a step that was seemingly available to them (hiring Jerry back).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clips gave up? Not sure if you saw that game on Sat. against the Celts. lol

Don't ever mention that game again. Thank you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
--like @CitySushi said--- obviously there is only 1 Jerry West---- but any kind of lifer NBA front office guy that can just look over things and give advice and could have nipped some of the AD failures in the bud is what they need.

David Griffin was a first time GM for the Cavs but he was an assistant GM for a LONG time with the Suns and then assistant GM with the Cavs before he was given the job. He was assistant basketball VP in Phoenix for 3 years (he had a total of 17 years in the Phoenix front office- starting in college and was there through the entire Nash/Stoudemire years) and then was VP/Assistant GM in Cleveland for 4 years before getting the job.

i seriously CANNOT believe that Griffin does not have a job. Especially for a team that would need to go through a rebuild.

I mean- i dont know if he would take it because of the pit falls- but he would be amazing for the Wizards. Minnesota would be a great landing spot for him. Memphis would be lucky tohave him.
I really thought the guy would stay but have 2 thoughts here. First, maybe he likes what he's doing now and that is why he is not a GM.

Or second, maybe he is asking for too much to be a GM when he might just be highly overrated. In all seriousness, he might be the least responsible person for their title. He really had zero to do with any of the Big 3 coming. Grant cleared the cap space and added the assets for all 3. Grant made the trade that got them the Kyrie pick with Gilbert's willingness to pay Baron Davis.

The cap space and assets Grant acquired were used to bring back Lebron and trade for Love.

all that said, I'm sure Griffin would be a better option for LA than what they have.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no shit.

Was it Steve Francis?

Kiki Vandeweghe refused to play for the Mavs.

Billy Owens refused to play for the Kings.:D

Dominique Wilkins refused to play for the Jazz.

Jackie Moon refused to play for the Cavs.

Kobe refused to play for the Hornets.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen anything that said they actually asked for particular assets?

I saw multiple reports on what was offered, the entire kiddie corps and 2 firsts, and the Pelicans saying that's not going to get it done.

I remember something about 4 first rounders.

But, the thing that sticks out most is Magic saying he's done bidding against himself because the Pelicans haven't so much as sent a counter offer.

That's on Magic.

Seriously, the Lakers need to hire a legit Assistant GM.

They completely bungled this.

Yeah, plus they lost West Jr in the process.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt happen very often in the NBA.

i hope its a situation the Cavs have to deal with quite frankly. lol

but who knows.

I think you gotta take Zion if you have #1 overall- but i think that you would also have to listen to offers if you could still get Barrett or Reddish and you really liked one of those guys.
What would be interesting is to see if a Team like the Suns or Magic have the stones to take Ja, if they get #2.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackie Moon refused to play for the Cavs.

ec4fb6f557b747aba43774d29edfade1.jpg