• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Texas Rangers offseason thread

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, don't mistake what I think JD will do with what I think he should do. I don't think he should rebuild, but I do think that would be the best thing to do. Then again, I felt the same after the 2013 seaon and he went out and made two acquisitions that were not the wisest thing to do in acquiring Choo and Prince. I am afraid an unwise acquisition or two is going to take place this offseason as well.
I don't want moves like that either but I do want smart moves that fill needs. I'm adamantly opposed to signing tier 3 and 4 fans or medical rehabs, we have enough of them right now. What we need is quality not quantity like we seem to go after every year. The wise quality signing over each of the last few years could have been a positive for this team instead we found ourselves stuck with Tyson Ross, Nick Martinez etc filling roster spots and us pancaking these seasons

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No fucking thanks.
agree they would have give us more than Harvey to get Profar. That being said I still think we trade Profar this off season maybe within the next few days if we get the right return

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want moves like that either but I do want smart moves that fill needs. I'm adamantly opposed to signing tier 3 and 4 fans or medical rehabs, we have enough of them right now. What we need is quality not quantity like we seem to go after every year. The wise quality signing over each of the last few years could have been a positive for this team instead we found ourselves stuck with Tyson Ross, Nick Martinez etc filling roster spots and us pancaking these seasons
It doesn't appear that JD is trying to bring in this year's version of Tyson Ross at this point.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers bringing former local high school star back home

Martin turned two terrific seasons in Japan into a two-year, $4 million contract with the Texas Rangers. It will be the next step in a winding baseball journey for Martin, who was drafted in 2005, but was out of baseball because of a shoulder injury and working various odd jobs before picking up a ball again.

He landed a job with the Grand Prairie Air Hogs in 2010 and then was signed by the Boston Red Sox and made his way up through the minors before the Colorado Rockies acquired him and gave him in MLB debut in 2014.

Martin pitched with the New York Yankees in 2015 before going to Japan, where turned mediocre big-league stats (0-2, 6.19 ERA in 36 1/3 innings) into a combined 1.12 ERA over two seasons and 92 appearances as a teammate to Shohei Ohtani with the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters.

At 6-foot-7, Martin throws his fastball in the mid- to upper-90s. In his two seasons in Japan, he struck out 91 and walked 13 in 88 1/3 innings.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't appear that JD is trying to bring in this year's version of Tyson Ross at this point.
well it is still early in the off season and JD seems to want to bring in 2 or 3 every year and most don't pan out to me it is money wasted tha could have combined o bring someone a whole lot better

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it is still early in the off season and JD seems to want to bring in 2 or 3 every year and most don't pan out to me it is money wasted tha could have combined o bring someone a whole lot better
I think they may do some of that for AAA pitching.

I believe our rotation will be Darvish, Hamels, Minor, Martinez, and Fister next year. If not Darvish then probably Cobb or Lynn. There may be a Tyson Ross type or two signed for AAA.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe our rotation will be Darvish, Hamels, Minor, Martinez, and Fister next year. If not Darvish then probably Cobb or Lynn. There may be a Tyson Ross type or two signed for AAA.
I hope you meant Perez instad
Of Marinez. I never want to see Martinez in a Rangrs uniform again

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you meant Perez instad
Of Marinez. I never want to see Martinez in a Rangrs uniform again
Yes, I did. I guess something I read about Nick earlier in the day got in my head. lol

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That rotation less Martinez would be better than I would have thought. Hope you're right. Losing AJ and Marty was a good move. Time to move on with new blood and a fresh start.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That rotation less Martinez would be better than I would have thought. Hope you're right. Losing AJ and Marty was a good move. Time to move on with new blood and a fresh start.

Sentimentally I would love to add Darvish even though it will take 5 years and there is some risk. He really did not perform on the big stage but redemption with Rangers would be great.

That is heart speaking but probably best to get younger pitchers