• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Texas Rangers offseason thread

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo must go. Not easy to do but he is blocking players that need to be playing 2018. In addition, hope we trade Hamel as well. How do you guys feel about trading Beltre. Could we get a decent return considering his age?
I think you wait till the deadline to trade Beltre. He deserves a chance to win a championship. You may have to trade Elvis too. I think he will opt out at the end of the season if Beltre is no longer here. I wish we could trade Choo and Hamels before the season starts.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blow this crap team up

We need to start a rebuild and think about the future. This team isn’t doing shit the next few years.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably do need to rebuild, but I don't believe that will happen under the current ownership/current GM group.

Not only do I think Beltre won't be traded, but I believe he gets an extension in ST.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I would consider trading veterans in the offseason instead of at the break is that you should be able to get more for them now. Another reason is that you run the risk of them being injured at the break and not being able to trade them at all.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo must go. Not easy to do but he is blocking players that need to be playing 2018. In addition, hope we trade Hamel as well. How do you guys feel about trading Beltre. Could we get a decent return considering his age?
we could do all 3, get little in return and really stink over the next 3 to 6 years. how does 100+ losses sound over the next few years? personally i will continue to support the team but not financially i will pass on my season tickets

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this is exactly how I feel about Choo. He is blocking others.

I hate to trade others just yet but Hamels maybe at the break. We are just so short on pitching. Would have to be pitching for pitching. Beltre may have to make the request which I think he might if we don't land another pitcher. If going further there then you consider Elvis due to his opt out. I don think we make these types of dumps though just yet.

The minus on losing Hamels and Beltre is the mentoring they provide for the young guys coming up.
and elvis will opt out if Beltre is gone and the team decides to gut the team and rebuild. actually the team will probably put him on the trade block at the same time they put Hamels, Choo and Beltre on the block.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see how even the most optimistic of us can disagree with this.

This year, the lack of moves/acquisitions, may be part of the design though, and I'm not sure that's an all bad thing either.
just can't stand the idea of not trying but i read the signs as that is exactly what we are heading for. we will sign some low level tier 3 and 4 talent, unload Choo, Hamels, Beltre and Andrus and suffer thru a long period of noncompetitive seasons and empty seats

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably do need to rebuild, but I don't believe that will happen under the current ownership/current GM group.

Not only do I think Beltre won't be traded, but I believe he gets an extension in ST.
he won't sign if he thinks the team isn't committed to putting a competitive team on the field. he has done everything except winning a WS ring so tying himself to a noncompetitive rebuilding team isn't in the cards

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he won't sign if he thinks the team isn't committed to putting a competitive team on the field. he has done everything except winning a WS ring so tying himself to a noncompetitive rebuilding team isn't in the cards
I don't think JD will take the rebuilding route.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think JD will take the rebuilding route.
well we are in the minority then but most here are advocating a total wholesale and rebuild and i was just spitballing on how far they would go. if they do clean house Hamels, Beltre, Choo & Andrus are gone and we are in total rebuild mode.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we are in the minority then but most here are advocating a total wholesale and rebuild and i was just spitballing on how far they would go. if they do clean house Hamels, Beltre, Choo & Andrus are gone and we are in total rebuild mode.
Well, don't mistake what I think JD will do with what I think he should do. I don't think he should rebuild, but I do think that would be the best thing to do. Then again, I felt the same after the 2013 season and he went out and made two acquisitions that were not the wisest thing to do in acquiring Choo and Prince. I am afraid an unwise acquisition or two is going to take place this offseason as well.