• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are "some"? Mayweather can't just hand over the belt to McGregor. Doesn't work like that. Additionally, as much of a fan of McGreggor as I am, this wasn't vintage Floyd. Thirty year old Floyd would've taken care of McGregor in rounds 4 or 5. And I strongly dislike Floyd.

McGregor's going to be MMA. He's not going to take on Canelo or Triple G.

If Mayweather's under bet had been allowed, he would've taken Connor out earlier. Floyd allowed that fight to go as long as it did.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mayweather's under bet had been allowed, he would've taken Connor out earlier. Floyd allowed that fight to go as long as it did.

I'll disagree to an extent. I think Floyd wanted to tire out McGregor first. Going at McGregor fresh while he has the strength and size advantage is not ideal. But once McGregor was fatigued, Floyd was able to do whatever he wanted. Remember, Floyd's 40, not 30.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll disagree to an extent. I think Floyd wanted to tire out McGregor first. Going at McGregor fresh while he has the strength and size advantage is not ideal. But once McGregor was fatigued, Floyd was able to do whatever he wanted. Remember, Floyd's 40, not 30.

There's no reason it needed to go 10. That was Floyd providing entertainment value, nothing more. Remember, Connor's not a boxer. Even at 40, Floyd is 50-0 and was fighting a noob. He coasted most of the fight.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, some are saying that Mayweather is passing the baton to McGreggor to be the next champion since that was his last fight.

From what I saw in the interviews after the fight, it looked to me like Mayweather beat him with the baton.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GGG would destroy the Mayweather that fought McGregor imo.

Hell, I'd destroy that Mayweather.

But to be fair, I'm the undisputed boxing champion of my backyard.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 106 here.....ugh.

Hit one hundred and fucking eleven here. No excuse for that kind of heat.

My wife said it got to 120. But I subtracted 9 degrees for the certain dramatic embellishment since, according to her, there's also never been a spider in our house that was smaller than a Great Dane.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit one hundred and fucking eleven here. No excuse for that kind of heat.

My wife said it got to 120. But I subtracted 9 degrees for the certain dramatic embellishment since, according to her, there's also never been a spider in our house that was smaller than a Great Dane.

WTF is it about women and bugs/spiders? I now @Mecca and @LAD aren't scared of no damn spiders.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw in the interviews after the fight, it looked to me like Mayweather beat him with the baton.
There were a few young teens around 18 and 19 quite few years ago that kept trying to wrestle with me and take me down. They thought because I looked old, I would be a good target to test their young healthy bodies against what they thought was an old man. Hell, I was about 30 and in my prime. Back then I was in landscaping and could easily bench press 250 pounds. I warned them that "Old age and treachery could overcome youth and skill". They kept on trying until they tried me in the morning, well wrested and at peak strength and I knocked them on their asses before they knew what hit them. After that - they come to the conclusion that old age and treachery was to much.

McGreggor as a good fighter, but Floyd had old age and treachery. He was and is a seasoned veteran with experience far beyond McGreggor's. Just my opinion