• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,691.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had extra strawberries today.....trying to get it to taste a little better.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs Trade: Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Iman Shumpert
Receive: Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, Tyson Chandler, Dragan Bender, PHX 1st.

Pelicans Trade: Demarcus Cousins, Omer Asik
Receive: Kevin Love, Iman Shumpert

Suns Trade: Eric Bledsoe, Tyson, Chandler, Dragan Bender, 1st
Receive: Kyrie Irving, Omer Asik

Pelicans do this trade because there's no guarantees Cousins will stay past the year. They get Kevin Love who's locked up for two additional years and also shed a year's worth of salary by swapping Shumpert for Asik. They would have a formidable lineup of Davis, Love, Hill, Holiday and Rondo with good guard depth in Moore, Clark and Shumpert.

Suns do this trade because they get their franchise piece, without having to give up Booker or Jackson. They do have to take back on a bad contract in Asik, but will be worth it in the long haul. Bender seems to be who they're comfortable giving up instead of a guy like Warren or Chriss.

Cavs do this trade because they get back a superstar in Cousins and a legit PG in Bledsoe. They also get a veteran presence in Chandler who can provide front court depth and a mean streak that the team has lacked in recent years. They also get a young player in Bender and an additional 1st. Gives them contention ability as well as giving them some future flexibility with youth.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs Trade: Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Iman Shumpert
Receive: Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, Tyson Chandler, Dragan Bender, PHX 1st.

Pelicans Trade: Demarcus Cousins, Omer Asik
Receive: Kevin Love, Iman Shumpert

Suns Trade: Eric Bledsoe, Tyson, Chandler, Dragan Bender, 1st
Receive: Kyrie Irving, Omer Asik

Pelicans do this trade because there's no guarantees Cousins will stay past the year. They get Kevin Love who's locked up for two additional years and also shed a year's worth of salary by swapping Shumpert for Asik. They would have a formidable lineup of Davis, Love, Hill, Holiday and Rondo with good guard depth in Moore, Clark and Shumpert.

Suns do this trade because they get their franchise piece, without having to give up Booker or Jackson. They do have to take back on a bad contract in Asik, but will be worth it in the long haul. Bender seems to be who they're comfortable giving up instead of a guy like Warren or Chriss.

Cavs do this trade because they get back a superstar in Cousins and a legit PG in Bledsoe. They also get a veteran presence in Chandler who can provide front court depth and a mean streak that the team has lacked in recent years. They also get a young player in Bender and an additional 1st. Gives them contention ability as well as giving them some future flexibility with youth.

If I were the Cavs I would do this trade in a heartbeat. No hesitation. And the Suns - according to reports - are willing to do this trade.

I don't think the Pelicans would do it, though. Your reasoning makes sense and I think they should consider it. But Cousins is a much better player than Love and they would have a hard time swallowing giving up on the Cousins experiment so soon I think. I could see them doing it as the deadline gets closer, though, if they get the feeling Cousins isn't sticking around.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants the Cavs to deal Kyrie as soon as possible, get the drama behind them, and push forward.

But part of me thinks that if they wait till the trade deadline... a lot of intriguing new options could pop-up that aren't there now... starting with Paul George and DeMarcus Cousins.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Cavs I would do this trade in a heartbeat. No hesitation. And the Suns - according to reports - are willing to do this trade.

I don't think the Pelicans would do it, though. Your reasoning makes sense and I think they should consider it. But Cousins is a much better player than Love and they would have a hard time swallowing giving up on the Cousins experiment so soon I think. I could see them doing it as the deadline gets closer, though, if they get the feeling Cousins isn't sticking around.

Yeah the Pelicans would be the wild card here. I think the organization may have a better understanding of where they stand with Cousins, as I'm sure they're tried to contact him and his people about an extension. The biggest part of this deal would be them shedding Asik's previously though untradeable contract and get back a useful player in Shumpert. They get a guy who could contribute on a shorter deal and also shed 10M in salary in the process.

But if you look at it from the grand scheme of things, they would have essentially traded Tyreke Evans, Buddy Hield, Omer Asik and a 1st for Kevin Love and Iman Shumpert. That's still a big win for them.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have kept that little nugget to himself.

Does he really want to be traded? Or maybe just wasn't getting enough attention?

How do you keep it to yourself when you're actively being shopped and presumably teams are asking if you're willing to agree to re-sign with them?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns are gonna screw themselves

No way Irving resigns there

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns are gonna screw themselves

No way Irving resigns there

Even if he doesn't...

trading 2 years of Bledsoe and an unproven player for 2 years of Kyrie is still probably worth it.

I doubt it helps them win anymore than they would, but fan engagement and relevance skyrockets.