• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,691.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kale is gnarly to eat.

Wifey juices it with some other stuff and I basically just shoot it and chase it with coffee in the am.

You been here since October....where'd you refugee from? I may have asked you this already but I'll b 46 in Nov. I'm old (er).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't cook.

Cooking is overrated. Don't need to be able to cook to eat well. Granted, my wife does 80% of meal prep at my house, but on days where I am in charge of my own food I don't cook anything. I still eat reasonably well.

If eating out, there are plenty of better choices, just often more expensive. For fast and cheap, you can do alright at places like Chipotle and Subway.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,691.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin wants to get into modeling.....he sent me a pic of his breakfast a few weeks ago.

Fucking nuts, watermelon, and spinach.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooking is overrated. Don't need to be able to cook to eat well. Granted, my wife does 80% of meal prep at my house, but on days where I am in charge of my own food I don't cook anything. I still eat reasonably well.

If eating out, there are plenty of better choices, just often more expensive. For fast and cheap, you can do alright at places like Chipotle and Subway.

definitely Subway. like you said, fast and cheap. and I have a VERY picky palate...

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You been here since October....where'd you refugee from? I may have asked you this already but I'll b 46 in Nov. I'm old (er).
Nowhere really, I was(still am actually) on Rivals and Celtics Reddit, and dabbled with RealGM for a while.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin wants to get into modeling.....he sent me a pic of his breakfast a few weeks ago.

Fucking nuts, watermelon, and spinach.

now that is going overboard, IMO.

I am all about eating meat, but I try to get my fruits and veggies in there too. I also avoid places where they prepare meat in unhealthy ways. Those deep fryers and all those added preservatives are really bad.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao your wife's like mine. she disguises the "good for you" stuff in your food...
I can't be sure but I think she wraps my vitamins in cheese. I always eat it too fast to tell.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,691.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chipotle had a salmonella outbreak last year.....plus I'm not a huge fan. Ate there once or twice.

I do make a lot of salads at home.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,691.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be sure but I think she wraps my vitamins in cheese. I always eat it too fast to tell.

I take a daily multivitamin, 5-6 organic wheat grass tablets a day, drink 4-5 ounces of apple cider vinegar 3-4 times a week, vitamin C daily and a liver supplement (with milk thistle, almost typed mistle toe, LOL)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going from a liquid diet cleanse to Del Taco, Burger King and 5 Guys? What is the point?

It's the foodie version of being a Catholic. Sin all week and then get cleansed in confession. :dhd:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOL when I'm at a place and see a super fat person get a large order and then say "diet coke" or another "diet beverage."

Got a buddy who weighs over 500 lbs. He does exactly that and I laugh every time he does it.

To be fair to him though, he used to weigh over 600. I convinced him to give up sodas of any kind and just eat closer to normal size servings and he's lost nearly 100 lbs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? He's Kevin Love with fewer rebounds and even worse defense.

I think Melo is one of the absolute best shooters in the league. He's always been in the #1 role, though, having to create for himself and others.

Put him in a position where other people are creating and he's just finding space / drawing defenders and getting good looks... I think he could be a great 3rd or 4th option (which he would be in CLE depending on what happens with Kyrie).

Its one of the reasons he's excelled in olympic play so much.

The fact that he can also go iso in a spot when needed (LeBron on the bench, shot-clock winding down) is a plus.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,691.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a buddy who weighs over 500 lbs. He does exactly that and I laugh every time he does it.

To be fair to him though, he used to weigh over 600. I convinced him to give up sodas of any kind and just eat closer to normal size servings and he's lost nearly 100 lbs.

Daaaaaamn. He's gotta lose more weight if he wants to live a longer life.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Melo is one of the absolute best shooters in the league. He's always been in the #1 role, though, having to create for himself and others.

Put him in a position where other people are creating and he's just finding space / drawing defenders and getting good looks... I think he could be a great 3rd or 4th option (which he would be in CLE depending on what happens with Kyrie).

The fact that he can also go iso in a spot when needed (LeBron on the bench, shot-clock winding down) is a plus.

So, in other words, he's Kevin Love without the rebounds and worse defense. :dhd:

Seriously though, Melo and Love's career shooting percentages are virtually identical and Love is a better rebounder. Neither of them are going to win DPOY, but Love at least tries. Plus Love is younger.

I think Melo is pretty overrated and would make the Cavs worse.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daaaaaamn. He's gotta lose more weight if he wants to live a longer life.....

That's how I convinced him to get off the sodas and eat normal size portions. He's got a long way to go though.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,691.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have always thought he'd be a good 2nd or even 3rd option (you negate him imo if he's your 4th option)....I think he could be a good player for them. Doesn't matter they do't have a true PG because they have James who runs the offense.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in other words, he's Kevin Love without the rebounds and worse defense. :dhd:

Seriously though, Melo and Love's career shooting percentages are virtually identical and Love is a better rebounder. Neither of them are going to win DPOY, but Love at least tries. Plus Love is younger.

I think Melo is pretty overrated and would make the Cavs worse.

You may be right. We've never seen Melo's shooting percentages as a primarily spot-up shooter and 3rd option on a good team. (Except in the olympics where he was great).

Even if he is just another Kevin Love... I'll take it. 2 Kevin Loves isn't a bad thing, especially since they wouldn't be giving much up to get him (Except for a bunch of penalty money from Gilbert's pocket)

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,691.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how I convinced him to get off the sodas and eat normal size portions. He's got a long way to go though.

Just getting down to 350 would help a lot. 500-600 pounds is danger zone scary......is he a pro wrestler?