• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's what they do best.

As long as they stay smart and don't offer JJ it's probably worth the risk.

That team is like the wolves and they need to stop sucking ass. So if they can get Kyrie without losing Jackson I guess they get two years of hype

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he doesn't...

trading 2 years of Bledsoe and an unproven player for 2 years of Kyrie is still probably worth it.

I doubt it helps them win anymore than they would, but fan engagement and relevance skyrockets.

Ya I just said in my next post the current trade is probably fine

I could see them breaking and giving up Jackson tho

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a shit trade for the Cavs unless they get that rookie pg, whose name I don't want to butcher, or shed JR
/Shump contract.

They keep saying they want a productive get and something for the future.

Unless they meant cap room, yuck on a straight up swap.

Shedding those contracts only hurts them short term. They can't sign another player with that money. JR and Shumpert while overpaid are important pieces for Cleveland today.

As long as LeBron is in town, they can't afford to shed salary.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs Trade: Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Iman Shumpert
Receive: Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, Tyson Chandler, Dragan Bender, PHX 1st.

Pelicans Trade: Demarcus Cousins, Omer Asik
Receive: Kevin Love, Iman Shumpert

Suns Trade: Eric Bledsoe, Tyson, Chandler, Dragan Bender, 1st
Receive: Kyrie Irving, Omer Asik

Pelicans do this trade because there's no guarantees Cousins will stay past the year. They get Kevin Love who's locked up for two additional years and also shed a year's worth of salary by swapping Shumpert for Asik. They would have a formidable lineup of Davis, Love, Hill, Holiday and Rondo with good guard depth in Moore, Clark and Shumpert.

Suns do this trade because they get their franchise piece, without having to give up Booker or Jackson. They do have to take back on a bad contract in Asik, but will be worth it in the long haul. Bender seems to be who they're comfortable giving up instead of a guy like Warren or Chriss.

Cavs do this trade because they get back a superstar in Cousins and a legit PG in Bledsoe. They also get a veteran presence in Chandler who can provide front court depth and a mean streak that the team has lacked in recent years. They also get a young player in Bender and an additional 1st. Gives them contention ability as well as giving them some future flexibility with youth.

Pelicans would have to get that first rounder for this to work, IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F Subway. I'd rather go to just about any other sub shop. Subway gives you like two slices of meat on any given sub.

The entire point of my post was healthier fast food options. Jersey Mikes, Firehouse, etc. may taste better, but the extra meat also makes it less healthy.

To be honest, that is why so many Americans have weight problems. They don't consider portion size.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans would have to get that first rounder for this to work, IMO.

You think so? I think getting an allstar and a serviceable player for a guy who's not guaranteed to stay with your team and also ridding yourself of a horrid contract is more than fair value. Look at what the Bulls got for Butler. Also what the Pacers got for George.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire point of my post was healthier fast food options. Jersey Mikes, Firehouse, etc. may taste better, but the extra meat also makes it less healthy.

To be honest, that is why so many Americans have weight problems. They don't consider portion size.

Shut up and let me live my obese lifestyle.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think so? I think getting an allstar and a serviceable player for a guy who's not guaranteed to stay with your team and also ridding yourself of a horrid contract is more than fair value. Look at what the Bulls got for Butler. Also what the Pacers got for George.

I am not a Cousins fan at all, but Love's value is in the crapper.

Also, I think the Cavs are getting too much. Cousins, Bledsoe and Bender is more than fair return for Kyrie and Love. Especially considering Kyrie's value had plummeted over the last couple weeks.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Cousins fan at all, but Love's value is in the crapper.

Also, I think the Cavs are getting too much. Cousins, Bledsoe and Bender is more than fair return for Kyrie and Love. Especially considering Kyrie's value had plummeted over the last couple weeks.

Factoring Cousins contract situation, I don't think its more than fair return. PG13 was just traded for Oladipo.
Kyrie and Love have 2 years left each at team-friendly prices.

I think it just depends on the relationship between Cousins and NO and whether they believe he'll stick around or not.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factoring Cousins contract situation, I don't think its more than fair return. PG13 was just traded for Oladipo.
Kyrie and Love have 2 years left each at team-friendly prices.

I think it just depends on the relationship between Cousins and NO and whether they believe he'll stick around or not.

Cousins was on record that he wanted to stay in Sacramento. He might of been lying, but my guess is that he will sign with the team that can pay him most. That would be whoever owns his rights at the time.

I think 1 year of Cousins is actually worth more than 2 of Kyrie given their respective situations and public declarations.

Cleveland needs to worry about this year. If they don't get better, Lebron walks and nothing else really matters. Bender is a solid future consolation prize.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind something like...

Kyrie to the Suns

1st round pick (MIA 2018 from PHX top-7 protected), Shumpert, & Bender (or Warren or Chris) to the Knicks

Bledsoe & Melo to the Cavs

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fast food has never been a healthy choice. I eat out every day and live on fast food, but if you want to make healthy choices, you have to go home and prepare them. There are no healthy choices. That being said, I have lost 16 pounds in the last year by making better choices and intend to go for another 20 minimum. Obesity is not healthy or fun by any choices and it will shorten your life span and cut short your quality of life substantially which you already know since you're talking about it:agree:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast food has never been a healthy choice. I eat out every day and live on fast food, but if you want to make healthy choices, you have to go home and prepare them. There are no healthy choices. That being said, I have lost 16 pounds in the last year by making better choices and intend to go for another 20 minimum. Obesity is not healthy or fun by any choices and it will shorten your life span and cut short your quality of life substantially which you already know since you're talking about it:agree:

Good for you man! Keep it up!