• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to trade D'Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov to the Brooklyn Nets for Brook Lopez and the 27th overall pick.

Lopez has one season remaining on his deal at $22.6 million.

Mozgov signed a four-year, $64 million deal with the Lakers last offseason that almost immediately became a clear mistake. This move unburdens the Lakers of that deal to create cap space for 2018 when they will pursue both LeBron James and Paul George.

Russell was the second overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft but his future with the team appeared uncertain with the Lakers expected to take Lonzo Ball in the draft.

Lakers Trade D'Angelo Russell, Timofey Mozgov To Nets For Brook Lopez, No. 27 - RealGM Wiretap:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers now have the #2 pick, and the 27th and 28th in the first round, Mozgov is gone with Russell in return for Lopez who is an expiring contract. I am happy:hammer::hammer:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....I hope we deal Randle.....I want Nance to start and Black can backup PF and Zublacka the C position.
I like Randle, and hope we can keep him and Ingram. Now that Mozgov is gone, the Lakers have $$$$ to go after Lebron and Paul George next season

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 yr old Lebron.
If James ever ends up on the Lakers, the core of this board will have went full circle.

#doublesuicidewatch @ChiefsLakers67 @WiggyRuss
The more I try to picture Lebron in a Laker jersey, the more unimaginable it seems. I can't speak for what Wiggy would do, but CL is gonna rep the Lakers no matter what....and he's gonna hate Lebron no matter what. Also Between Lebron fans, Kobe fans, and Laker fans, somebody's head is gonna explode if this process plays out.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 yr old Lebron.

The more I try to picture Lebron in a Laker jersey, the more unimaginable it seems. I can't speak for what Wiggy would do, but CL is gonna rep the Lakers no matter what....and he's gonna hate Lebron no matter what. Also Between Lebron fans, Kobe fans, and Laker fans, somebody's head is gonna explode if this process plays out.

This sounds about right. My balls already exploded and I had to change my boxers.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screws us in the point guard position though, giving up (depending if they'd draft Ball), three pg's

In Walton's offense, a true PG isn't needed. PG and Butler can facilitate.....I'd like to see us add a solid backup PG. Unless, we can somehow finagle CP into the mix.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about Lebron, if he'd just adapt his game to a post based style like Jordan and Kobe did, it would go a long way to helping him preserve his energy