• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is terrible what they got back in return for a guy who was the 2nd pick in 2015

Brooklyn actually wins a trade for once. They get Russell, a young player that has scoring and vision and pair him up with a coach known for developing talent. We get Brook Lopez's walking boot

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn actually wins a trade for once. They get Russell, a young player that has scoring and vision and pair him up with a coach known for developing talent. We get Brook Lopez's walking boot

Lol yep. I may make my way back to Barclays center for a few more games next season depending on their offseason goes. Solid start though. They been trying to get rid of Lopez for years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen him play? Not worth it

Contract off the books next season. I doubt Magic is going to leave it at this though. Another 1st rounder to package for George.

The way I see it, this move could have been made next season. Why do it now unless something else was coming?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound:

Dude is a good scorer, when on the court.

He can also hit the 3.

My biggest concern would be the worsening rim protection.

But, Maybe that's why they want Collins from Gonzaga?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it. I'm in full on rant mode now. This is the exact type of shit I was talking about a year ago the second Mozgov was signed. It was terrible contract from the start yet I remember a couple of people trying to talk themselves into saying stuff like maybe he could fit into an Andrew Bogut role or at worst, we can trade him down the line to a team that wants to clear cap space. And I said nope, he fucking sucks and the contract is unmovable unless you attach something worthwhile to it. Welp, guess what. Mozgov fucking sucks and we had to move a good asset just to get rid of him.

Fuck this shit. I'm going outside to kick rocks and smoke cigarettes.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it. I'm in full on rant mode now. This is the exact type of shit I was talking about a year ago the second Mozgov was signed. It was terrible contract from the start yet I remember a couple of people trying to talk themselves into saying stuff like maybe he could fit into an Andrew Bogut role or at worst, we can trade him down the line to a team that wants to clear cap space. And I said nope, he fucking sucks and the contract is unmovable unless you attach something worthwhile to it. Welp, guess what. Mozgov fucking sucks and we had to move a good asset just to get rid of him.

Fuck this shit. I'm going outside to kick rocks and smoke cigarettes.
ta2_4_gif11.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the grand scheme, this will work for the Lakers if it frees up enough room for Paul George. George will likely play the 2 for the Lakers, and Russel was at his optimal level playing the same position.

But you're right to bitch given that he should've gotten more in return, as opposed to be using as an attached asset to be used to offload a horrible contract.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a trade aimed at getting rid of a bad contract (Mozgov) to make room for real players in a year's time. Will Bron Bron go to Hollywood?

I think they are gunning for George now and James next summer.....that's a nice duo they can piece around.