• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game last night, Lonzo's on the floor playing and thy show his idiot Dad talking in front of some cameras. I just went :L "this can't be good."
I think that Lonzo will gradually take over now - Lavar said that he was going to back off and left Magic and Luke take over and that he's done everything he can. It's not easy for a parent to quit taking care of their child when they have been like a mother bear.

Game wise - Lonzo didn't shoot well, but demonstrated some nice assists and passing. I don't see how anyone could expect any player coming out of the college is going to be an instant NBA player. Hopefully the summer league develops him some and gets him ready for the regular season. Seems pretty immature and childish to be calling a player a bust before he has even played one game. That's has the feeling of wishing injury on a player. Surely no one would do(this is where I am rolling my eyes)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Studying for the biggest test but yet logged into SportsHoopla multiple times weekly lol. His comments were not worth responding to.

I'm sorry, it's just too funny to pass up. He's clearly a bitch.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like Wtf?

Temper expectations.

Lonzo is not going to come in and burn the nets down like Kyrie, Dame,STeph, Thomas.

He doesn't have blazing speed like Wall.

He's not that the of pg.

But, he is a excellent game manager, has elite vision and passing ability.

He's more tall ass Jason Kidd mixed with Conley.

He will be fine.

I think that is the problem though.

He could have a good career and be a fringe all star for 10 years. That won't be enough for many. The hype is out of control. I think some are expecting him to be the next Magic. Magic saying that he expects to see Ball's jersey hanging from the rafters someday probably doesn't help either.

Many people expect Lonzo Ball to be a savior. I think he is going to be a good team player, but I would be surprised if he ever develops into a legit superstar.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont be back until after i take the bar exam near the end of the month --- I couldnt POSSIBLY justify wasting time on here while studying for the biggest test of my life------ i have been little more than a hermit the last month and its only gonna get worse these next 3 weeks--

and right after the exam i am going to take some time to visit friends in denver, and then chicago to decompress.

i cant leave without agitating my favorite heat fans though

1. LOL at the draft pick--- a backup center that cant shoot- JUST what a team needs in the modern nba. Dennis Smith goes to Dallas- a great pick....Sacramento gets a great pick in Fox....but - hey thats the difference between being at hte back of the lotto and further ahead.....

2. Free agent talks in the last couple years of Durant, RW, Griffin, Hayward... HAHAHAHA---- the allure of south beach that was supposed to be so strong blows in KELLY FUCKING OLNYK. LOL....omg....next year TJ's contract leaps from 6 to 19M---- they HAD to use the cap space this offseason...they use it to pay Dion Waters, Johnson, and Kelly Olnyk ----

3. They dealt McRoberts to the Mavs to save money- gave up a pick.......

4. Now- Miami has no 2nd round pick until 2023....is maxed out cap wise and thats not changing anytime soon, and is still missing 2 future first rounders for goran dragic....this is the most expensive mediocre team this side of the Trailblazers with no avenues to externally improve what so ever

5. Someone needs to sit Riley down and show him the way out before they find him wondering the halls of AA trying to remember where his office is and what he is doing.

6. The Heat have ZERO way to acquire a top 20 player anytime soon - and "soon" is YEARS.

hey- they DID get a meeting with hayward though. lol.....
Good luck with your bar exam bro - I hope you ace it with 100% so that the other law firms will pay you more.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, it's just too funny to pass up. He's clearly a bitch.

Got to love how all of sudden 2nd round picks are so important to him.....coming from the same guy who acts like players not selected in the top 10 are all bums but the heat should be concerned because they traded a 2023 2nd round pick to Dallas lmao

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with your bar exam bro - I hope you ace it with 100% so that the other law firms will pay you more.

giphy.gif

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont be back until after i take the bar exam near the end of the month --- I couldnt POSSIBLY justify wasting time on here while studying for the biggest test of my life------ i have been little more than a hermit the last month and its only gonna get worse these next 3 weeks--

and right after the exam i am going to take some time to visit friends in denver, and then chicago to decompress.

1. LOL at the draft pick--- a backup center that cant shoot- JUST what a team needs in the modern nba. Dennis Smith goes to Dallas- a great pick....Sacramento gets a great pick in Fox....but - hey thats the difference between being at hte back of the lotto and further ahead.....

2. Free agent talks in the last couple years of Durant, RW, Griffin, Hayward... HAHAHAHA---- the allure of south beach that was supposed to be so strong blows in KELLY FUCKING OLNYK. LOL....omg....next year TJ's contract leaps from 6 to 19M---- they HAD to use the cap space this offseason...they use it to pay Dion Waters, Johnson, and Kelly Olnyk ----

4. Now- Miami has no 2nd round pick until 2023....is maxed out cap wise and thats not changing anytime soon, and is still missing 2 future first rounders for goran dragic....this is the most expensive mediocre team this side of the Trailblazers with no avenues to externally improve what so ever

5. Someone needs to sit Riley down and show him the way out before they find him wondering the halls of AA trying to remember where his office is and what he is doing.

6. The Heat have ZERO way to acquire a top 20 player anytime soon - and "soon" is YEARS.

The only thing about that is that Pat Riley has either done really good to build two championship teams with almost completely separate players - or gotten really lucky. I am guessing that he will create something spectacular in the next three years. Pat Riley is not stupid. Now I have a question for you - Can you say Dan Gilbert isn't stupid without laughing?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing about that is that Pat Riley has either done really good to build two championship teams with almost completely separate players - or gotten really lucky. I am guessing that he will create something spectacular in the next three years. Pat Riley is not stupid. Now I have a question for you - Can you say Dan Gilbert isn't stupid without laughing?

Nope. If Lebron wasn't from Ohio, Gilbert's teams would never even be close to contention. For the big spender that he is, douche bag can't even pay a general manager a competitive wage. So much for Dan's willing to outspend the rest of the league, huh chicken shit (@WiggyRuss)?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Epic%2BFail.jpg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 anyway you can look into banning wiggy for not honoring his bet? I know they did that to someone on the NFL board years ago. Think his name was Tgan or something

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is the problem though.

He could have a good career and be a fringe all star for 10 years. That won't be enough for many. The hype is out of control. I think some are expecting him to be the next Magic. Magic saying that he expects to see Ball's jersey hanging from the rafters someday probably doesn't help either.

Many people expect Lonzo Ball to be a savior. I think he is going to be a good team player, but I would be surprised if he ever develops into a legit superstar.
Agree.

They already have their future star on the roster.

He's still probably 2500 cheeseburgers away from dominating legit NBA starters.

But, Ingram is a stud.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 anyway you can look into banning wiggy for not honoring his bet? I know they did that to someone on the NFL board years ago. Think his name was Tgan or something
I don't have any personal issues with Wiggy.

But, he should be banned.

@CitySushi would have honored his end if he lost.

So, he should either stop running his mouth, or stop making bets.