• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit! One summer league game says it all. Maybe if we're lucky Atlanta will trade the 60th pick Alpha Kaba for him.
Take off your homer glasses. He's washed up! Done!

:lol:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing laundry while watching Andy Grffith.....heading out to Hell.....er, I meant La Quinta to see my dad in a little bit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

Pretty terrible game though.

Thing is, fine doesn't cut it. If Ball is anything short of Jason Kidd, people are going to be disappointed. The hype will be really tough to live up to.

It's just one game. Lakers fans should watch Ball in the summer league before anointing him as the next great Laker to come through the league. We thought Shabazz Napier would be good given his success at UConn. But he struggled mightily in summer league which translated to the regular season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said it from day 1. I knew the kind of dad Lavar Ball was, he does it for attention along with marketing the family brand. You know what's the best marketing brand? Being a legend in the sport. Ball has high upside, but he's nowhere near a finished product. The light's are brighter now and the microscope's on Ball more than any other prospect given the "hype". It's just one game, but man was Ball just bad.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just one game. Lakers fans should watch Ball in the summer league before anointing him as the next great Laker to come through the league. We thought Shabazz Napier would be good given his success at UConn. But he struggled mightily in summer league which translated to the regular season.

The problem I saw was that the expected weaknesses in Lonzo's offensive game that people thought before nbow -- showed up. (lack of versatility & mid-range game) I'm sure he will make many of the open 3s in the future.

I thought Fox showed nice offensive game -- but he needs to hit some 3s.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I saw was that the expected weaknesses in Lonzo's offensive game that people thought before nbow -- showed up. (lack of versatility & mid-range game) I'm sure he will make many of the open 3s in the future.

I thought Fox showed nice offensive game -- but he needs to hit some 3s.

Fox looked good. And it's foolish for anyone to think that any rookie coming into the league right now doesn't have something to improve on. But with the league the way it is, both players need to improve 3-point shooting (I"m assuming Fox didn't take or make open 3s).

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I find funny about last nights Summer League game? If Lonzo had been amazing, all we'd hear is "yeah but it's only Summer League". Now that he sucked that game we hear Lonzo is a bust.

While he didn't have a good game at all, there were bits that got me excited about the type of player he is - His passing became infectious and he wasn't afraid to keep shooting despite the poor performance.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top picks often struggle in the NBA. When a kid has a father like Lavar Ball, it puts even more pressure on them to perform. Lonzo needs to find a way to mentally get his game under control and somehow keep his father at arm's length. The kid has talent and ability, his father is doing everything he can to destroy it.

In all my years of coaching, I had to deal with fathers who thought their 7,8,9 year old son was the next LT or Bird or Magic. They never were a starter or a star but knew more than anyone else about the game. As much as you try to help the kid improve his game, his father calls you a know nothing asshole and you're ruining his son's career. Ball's father is typical of this breed of cat.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I find funny about last nights Summer League game? If Lonzo had been amazing, all we'd hear is "yeah but it's only Summer League". Now that he sucked that game we hear Lonzo is a bust.

While he didn't have a good game at all, there were bits that got me excited about the type of player he is - His passing became infectious and he wasn't afraid to keep shooting despite the poor performance.
Great comment!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who saying lonzo is a bust except dj?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better throw Rondo up there at #1 buddy. He's headed your way.

It's possible. I read this morning that the Lakers aren't in any serious talks just yet though.

I do know that they have been practicing due diligence on Rondo and talking to pretty much everyone they can. From what I read, the young guys on the Bulls are said to love the guy and say that he was a great mentor.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans need to understand everyone in the league hates them now and wants to see Ball fail. Just roll with it, you can't stop the haters. And Lavar Ball feeds the trolls on a daily basis.