• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball is going to be an awful defender lol. Laker fans are making him out to be the next Kobe. I thought he would be a bust. We will see how he turns out

Since Wiggy is MIA, are you looking to take over the "Wiggyruss Stupid Post of the Day" title? If so, you're off to an excellent start.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans need to understand everyone in the league hates them now and wants to see Ball fail. Just roll with it, you can't stop the haters. And Lavar Ball feeds the trolls on a daily basis.

Watching the game last night, Lonzo's on the floor playing and they show his idiot Dad talking in front of some cameras. I just went :L "this can't be good."

Last edited:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y
Watching the game last night, Lonzo's on the floor playing and thy show his idiot Dad talking in front of some cameras. I just went :L "this can't be good."
Yeah I thought the same thing, but then I realized it was just a summer league game. Hopefully the Lakers can control Lonzo's dad (and the media) during the regular season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why the Clippers have a 25 year old PG using up summer league minutes. Marshall isn't going to make the Clippers roster, and shouldn't they be getting a better look at Jawun Evans?
Ummmm, probably because Evans wasn't signed until yesterday because we got him in a trade that wasn't finalized.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to speak with some of your lakers fans
It's like Wtf?

Temper expectations.

Lonzo is not going to come in and burn the nets down like Kyrie, Dame,STeph, Thomas.

He doesn't have blazing speed like Wall.

He's not that the of pg.

But, he is a excellent game manager, has elite vision and passing ability.

He's more tall ass Jason Kidd mixed with Conley.

He will be fine.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox looked good. And it's foolish for anyone to think that any rookie coming into the league right now doesn't have something to improve on. But with the league the way it is, both players need to improve 3-point shooting (I"m assuming Fox didn't take or make open 3s).
Teams are gonna give Lonzo their best because everyone is looking.

Fox looks good.

But, I'm glad they signed Hill as a stop gap, because like you said , he has holes too.

Remember how the narrative on Tatum was that he was so smooth and already NBA ready after a few Summer League games?

The very next game, Mitchell cooked that dude on both ends of the floor and he's 4-5 inches shorter.

#Patience

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like Wtf?

Temper expectations.

Lonzo is not going to come in and burn the nets down like Kyrie, Dame,STeph, Thomas.

He doesn't have blazing speed like Wall.

He's not that the of pg.

But, he is a excellent game manager, has elite vision and passing ability.

He's more tall ass Jason Kidd mixed with Conley.

He will be fine.
Very well spoken. I'm not sure what NBA fans expect from Lonzo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say- Dan Gilbert was a FOOL to let Griffin go. Made no sense. I think Griffin wanted to keep Love while Gilbert wanted to deal him. Gilbert wanted final control- and wouldnt give it to griffin because he left--- dumb move by Gilbert. Really dumb.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks wise to let Hardaway go. Knicks overpaid massively for him. He was anticipated to originally get $10 million a year, not the $17 or so they're offering him.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont be back until after i take the bar exam near the end of the month --- I couldnt POSSIBLY justify wasting time on here while studying for the biggest test of my life------ i have been little more than a hermit the last month and its only gonna get worse these next 3 weeks--

and right after the exam i am going to take some time to visit friends in denver, and then chicago to decompress.

i cant leave without agitating my favorite heat fans though

1. LOL at the draft pick--- a backup center that cant shoot- JUST what a team needs in the modern nba. Dennis Smith goes to Dallas- a great pick....Sacramento gets a great pick in Fox....but - hey thats the difference between being at hte back of the lotto and further ahead.....

2. Free agent talks in the last couple years of Durant, RW, Griffin, Hayward... HAHAHAHA---- the allure of south beach that was supposed to be so strong blows in KELLY FUCKING OLNYK. LOL....omg....next year TJ's contract leaps from 6 to 19M---- they HAD to use the cap space this offseason...they use it to pay Dion Waters, Johnson, and Kelly Olnyk ----

3. They dealt McRoberts to the Mavs to save money- gave up a pick.......

4. Now- Miami has no 2nd round pick until 2023....is maxed out cap wise and thats not changing anytime soon, and is still missing 2 future first rounders for goran dragic....this is the most expensive mediocre team this side of the Trailblazers with no avenues to externally improve what so ever

5. Someone needs to sit Riley down and show him the way out before they find him wondering the halls of AA trying to remember where his office is and what he is doing.

6. The Heat have ZERO way to acquire a top 20 player anytime soon - and "soon" is YEARS.

hey- they DID get a meeting with hayward though. lol.....

tenor.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont be back until after i take the bar exam near the end of the month --- I couldnt POSSIBLY justify wasting time on here while studying for the biggest test of my life------ i have been little more than a hermit the last month and its only gonna get worse these next 3 weeks--

and right after the exam i am going to take some time to visit friends in denver, and then chicago to decompress.

1. LOL at the draft pick--- a backup center that cant shoot- JUST what a team needs in the modern nba. Dennis Smith goes to Dallas- a great pick....Sacramento gets a great pick in Fox....but - hey thats the difference between being at hte back of the lotto and further ahead.....

2. Free agent talks in the last couple years of Durant, RW, Griffin, Hayward... HAHAHAHA---- the allure of south beach that was supposed to be so strong blows in KELLY FUCKING OLNYK. LOL....omg....next year TJ's contract leaps from 6 to 19M---- they HAD to use the cap space this offseason...they use it to pay Dion Waters, Johnson, and Kelly Olnyk ----

4. Now- Miami has no 2nd round pick until 2023....is maxed out cap wise and thats not changing anytime soon, and is still missing 2 future first rounders for goran dragic....this is the most expensive mediocre team this side of the Trailblazers with no avenues to externally improve what so ever

5. Someone needs to sit Riley down and show him the way out before they find him wondering the halls of AA trying to remember where his office is and what he is doing.

6. The Heat have ZERO way to acquire a top 20 player anytime soon - and "soon" is YEARS.

All this screams to me is you're a bitch. Fuck out of here that you're studying for the biggest test of your life.

Had the Cavs won, you'd be on here gloating - instead they got embarrassed. For someone who's studying, you sure checked up on these threads often.

As far as the Heat goes, we'll be fine. By the looks of it, your title chances are already over when Lebron leaves next year.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are gonna give Lonzo their best because everyone is looking.

Fox looks good.

But, I'm glad they signed Hill as a stop gap, because like you said , he has holes too.

Remember how the narrative on Tatum was that he was so smooth and already NBA ready after a few Summer League games?

The very next game, Mitchell cooked that dude on both ends of the floor and he's 4-5 inches shorter.

#Patience
It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to let Fox go and start day one, but it's also not bad to bring in a veteran PG who knows how to defend and shoot 3's that can help him. And I'd MUCH rather have Hill be the guy he learns from than Rondo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this screams to me is you're a bitch. Fuck out of here that you're studying for the biggest test of your life.

Had the Cavs won, you'd be on here gloating - instead they got embarrassed. For someone who's studying, you sure checked up on these threads often.

As far as the Heat goes, we'll be fine. By the looks of it, your title chances are already over when Lebron leaves next year.

Studying for the biggest test but yet logged into SportsHoopla multiple times weekly lol. His comments were not worth responding to.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're such a bitch, its laughable.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did we save money by losing McBob.
We spent more.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Wiggy is back!

How's it going you chickenshit little bitch?