• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Knicks do that?

If they really wanted to move on from that cancer. Did you know that I would not be a Nuggets fan today if it weren't for Me-lo being such a douche during coach Karl's cancer-recovery process? (That was the year of his trade circus if you did not know.)

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this like it's some kind of genius insight, but man can anyone remember an offseason this nuts?

The Warriors, and the TV deal, have really kicked things into high gear.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they really wanted to move on from that cancer. Did you know that I would not be a Nuggets fan today if it weren't for Me-lo being such a douche during coach Karl's cancer-recovery process? (That was the year of his trade circus if you did not know.)
Those guys have multiple years left on their deals and the Knicks have Baker, Courtney Lee and Lance Thomas on guaranteed deals until 2020-21.

That we be retarded.

They need a pg.

Cavs could very easily get another Team involved * Nets, Suns* to dump Love if need be.

But, I doubt they have the assets to entice anyone into swallowing those two guys contracts.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys have multiple years left on their deals and the Knicks have Baker, Courtney Lee and Lance Thomas on guaranteed deals until 2020-21.

That we be retarded.

They need a pg.

Cavs could very easily get another Team involved * Nets, Suns* to dump Love if need be.

But, I doubt they have the assets to entice anyone into swallowing those two guys contracts.

I don't know. I was really just talking out of my ass on that one. It just seems like the Knicks are stuck in limbo because of Carmelo's contract.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm living in Texas right now. My fiance understood why it was necessary to move but wants to get out of here as soon as possible. She said she'll make sure that sure reminds me ever so often why she's miserable here and will allow it to reciprocate. This is why I think he picks Miami. Because his wife won't beat his ass.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm living in Texas right now. My fiance understood why it was necessary to move but wants to get out of here as soon as possible. She said she'll make sure that sure reminds me ever so often why she's miserable here and will allow it to reciprocate. This is why I think he picks Miami. Because his wife won't beat his ass.

I hope he does pick Miami. The young Nuggs need a more-clear path to playoff contention in this conference. I don't know if Hayward potentially leaving puts us ahead of Utah, but it would certainly tighten the gap between Denver as a possible playoff spot.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does pick Miami. The young Nuggs need a more-clear path to playoff contention in this conference. I don't know if Hayward potentially leaving puts us ahead of Utah, but it would certainly tighten the gap between Denver as a possible playoff spot.

It would. Especially with the Nuggets adding Millsap, it shows they're serious. Amazing things do happen, we finally agree on something.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the lower right hand corner.....the BS, smiley, rainbow, cake, etc, ratings......if you hover over the quot e button.....

Ok, why do you think they are just in the PR? They are in every forum/thread/post.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this like it's some kind of genius insight, but man can anyone remember an offseason this nuts?

The Warriors, and the TV deal, have really kicked things into high gear.

Deflates that whole "Warriors are bad for the league" deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is really ironic, given the state of the Warriors. I actually thought most teams would be more interested in saving these next two years.

It goes to show though, the problem in the NBA is the owners. Players don't get overpaid unless there is an owner willing to pay that amount. The market price for role players has been driven up to such astronomical highs, that guys like Millsap and Lowry are no brainers at $30 million.

Last season's spending spree has caused a ripple affect that will be felt for years and probably lead to another future lockout. Just remember though, when those owners start complaining about "greedy players" it isn't Reddick s fault he is getting $23 million, or Porter's fault he is getting $26. The owners have created this market place by out bidding each other for mediocre players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't y'all have like 5 power forwards?

Traded for Lyles, Milsap, Manimal, Wilson Chandler and Hermangomez?

They can't pay Plumlee now, can they?

I like Millsap and Jokic together, but they have way too much $ invested in their front court to pay a back up $15+ million it will likely cost. Nuggets need guards.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schroder is going to be a stud. Too bad the new regime depleted the roster around him.

Schroeder is not a stud. He is a good player (league average starting PG) who is going to have ample opportunity to produce because of the huge production void on the roster. He will put up numbers, no doubt. But he is not a stud.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo open to a trade to Houston or Cleveland. This is gonna get interesting.