• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beal and Wall with George would be an interesting dynamic for sure.

You hit the nail on the head. Not sure how the chemistry would work. It would be difficult, but not impossible given Wall's ability to create and his pass first mentality.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss was last seen :wank:
Wednesday at 1:49 PM
soon-cat-hiding-behind-lamp-looking-at-bird.jpg

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Wizards interested in sign-and-trade deal for Paul George involving Otto Porter
John Wall could get his wish of landing George, albeit for a potential one-year rental
John Wall's wish of landing Paul George in Washington could be within reach. According to a report from ESPN, the Wizards have interest in a potential sign-and-trade deal in landing George that centers around Otto Porter Jr. and a protected draft pick.

Porter is likely to command big money in free agency after a stellar 2016-17 season, and the Wizards are seriously considering a potential one-year rental of George in favor of committing to Porter for the long haul.

George has made it clear to the Indiana Pacers that he won't re-sign when he hits the free-agent market in 2018 and prefers to play in Los Angeles, so dealing a player of Porter's caliber for George -- who could leave Washington after next season -- is a calculated risk. But it's one Wall feels could be the final piece for the rising Wizards.

"Look at our team. We are one piece away," Wall said this week. "We have the point guard, we have the shooting guard, we have the center, we have the power forward. Our 3-man [Otto Porter Jr.] did great for us. You can't take nothing away from what he did. But [George] is a guy that can guard LeBron and go back at LeBron. It's a piece that you're going to need to win. If you don't have a guy who can do that, you don't have a chance. ..."

George is set to command roughly $20 million in the final year of his deal next season, which would pinch Washington financially. But a run with a core that includes Bradley Beal, John Wall and Paul George -- with the potential to sway George to commit long-term in Washington -- could be a risk worth taking if it turns out successful.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I keep seeing that the Kings could be interested in guys like Gallo, Millsap, and Teague? Outside of Otto Porter, there's nobody the Kings should sign for $15 million+ per year and I'm sure those 3 all want that. Let the young guys play, lose a lot of games, get a top 5 pick, let the rebuild happen. Maybe next offseason you look more into signing/trading for players to make a playoff push because the Kings don't have their 2019 pick, but not this season. DON'T BE STUPID VIVEK!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit? Everyone knows that, but the leading part is kind of the point.

To clarify, in your opinion, both players let the series slip away for whatever reason(s).

Your reasoning is that Westbrook just played bad, but Durant threw the games so he could join the Warriors who he knew would lose to the Cavs in the Finals.

OK....:tinfoil3:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen a pair of these shoes in person....ever.

But, good for Klay.

Hey, Nike was a company for running shoes before Jordan. Klay isn't Jordan, obviously, but the Warriors are huge with the kids. He can sell a few sneakers.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49 years ago today, at exactly this minute, my wife and I said I do...

Best decision I ever made...