• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 MBBRL NOMINATIONS TO FILL OBLIVION SPOTS

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe in even having to ask this, as I can't for the life of me understand why anyone thinks a C league is a good idea, but, do we need a poll?

Edited- if this crazy idea passes a poll and a 3rd league is created to join the Keepers of the Flame, and Barbarian's at the Gate, I'm using my commissioner's authority to name it "Trolls under the Bridge", end of story
Honestly, I think we should figure out the oblivion and replacement shit first...........then we see who is still standing and take it from there................that's just my opinion.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we decide on a C league, do we have enough?

8 New faces if everyone nominated agrees and @The Foot sticks around (includes Brees). Who and where are the other four coming from?

Personally I would be for it, if we have the people early.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my opinion probably doesn't mean much since I'm not a member of these leagues but here's my thoughts in case you're interested...

I would definitely join a C league if there is one and be excited about being able to move up to the higher leagues. However, I think treff and some others have raised valid concerns. It seems like it would be hard to fill it out and that if you kept oblivion very hard to keep finding new members every year. Especially if active board membership is required. All that said I have no experience with the wholeprocess or the leagues and it's not my call anyways so I'm totally cool with whatever is decided even if it means I don't get to join. Just my :2cents:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guise, correct me if I'm wrong but just to clarify "Oblivion". Oblivion is an option to send the bottom 2 teams from the B league out, not necessarily because their team didn't perform, but due to lack of interest or activity. It doesn't have to happen and there is a vote on whether these owners stay or go.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be on board with C league if we do away with full oblivion. It will always be a struggle for me forcing someone out of a league they want to be a part of. I would hate to be in that position. Hoping for enough votes to stay in the league. I know how stressful it can be from my hockey league. Worrying all season about getting kicked out is about the worst. On the other hand you want fresh blood. That's how I got my chance taking over a team mid season. We have little or no contact with the top league as Barbarians. So I see no reason why a C league couldn't work in the same fashion.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 238.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could interject my thoughts into this... From what I have seen on this thread, I think the worst idea is to expand to 14 teams. I think this goes away from what you guys are trying to accomplish with the leagues being as standard as possible, if I understand that part right. As far as the C league goes, I could see it both ways. I do like Milk's idea of making the C league only 10 teams. There are plenty of 10 team leagues out the (more than 14), so you still get an idea of what kind of owner a newbie would be in terms of competition and activity. It is 2 less people that you would have to recruit and it is a way of making the jump from C to B a bigger deal, because the C league would be like the minor league almost.

I also fully understand those who are against the C league. 2 is enough and it would be great if these 5 or 6 guys who want to be a part of this stick it out and wait for a few years before they are granted access. It would make them want it more and help ensure they would put in the amount of time and effort that this league requires. It's easier to tell someone they have to wait til next year than it is to scramble to find people.

Now, I am on board with whatever you decide to do. I was trying to out myself in you guys' shoes and tell you what I would do the best I can with your interests in mind... assuming I understand what those interests are correctly.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one that was spared of the chopping block last year I feel for micro and stomp. I also think that that is a high quality list of guys nominated and then there is dub. Dub is a folk hero, a legend, a myth. I think he dances his way in but it will be wrong to lose such great guys like micro and stomp plus consider all the other nominated guys. I don't think I have the stomach for this vote. I don't think I can handle it.

@The Foot you just got yourself a UPS Merry Christmas package at your door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DUB

If you don't mind me asking why did you give up your spot? What has changed? It seems like you have a lot of support from the old guard. But outside of being a old member what sets you apart from our members on the chopping block and the other interested nominations?

Reactions: DUB

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Guise (oops sorry Sam) no one risks oblivion if they are seen as upstanding MBBRLers

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other candidates worth considering for a C league.

Robotech
ill
Hambomb
Jeffro151
husker1217
DirtDirt
Beengayfudgepacker
Brees

Now I know some here think it's crazy to consider Brees and I understand exactly why. However I tell you something, I invited him to a start up league just to see how wacky it would be. Well actually he drafted pretty normally and was active on waivers and trading. Now he didn't do well, but that was because some his studs ended up being duds, like Gurley and R. Wilson and a few others, but otherwise if you didn't know him from this site, he was just another FF guy. Honest.:nod:

After playing in D2 with ehb5 and femurov they got my respect. Both made the playoffs and one is in the championship. Also they bring a different look on how to build a team, I'd have to say their way was a valid way to build given the results. Also both were active in the D2 thread. Think we need new blood to show us a different way to go about putting a team together. You all heard the antidote where a father asks his son why he doesn't listen to someone with 20 years experience and the son says it's one year experience repeated 20 times. Not to say that's the case with this league, but I do think we tend to sort of use the same formula to put together a team. Lets put our way to the test against new ideas.

Now I've heard concern about new members not posting in the off season, well I won't assume that they won't. Prior to getting a invite to join MBBRL from WilWhite, I had never posted here, barely knew this forum existed, but I jumped right into it. Also like Tlance mentioned not all of the current members are necessarily active here in the off season, it's actually kind of slow here in the off season. Now the suicide leagues and coma leagues are a couple of things that juice things up in the summer here. Why won't a C league suicide and coma league do the same?

A C league is a good thing. It's going to add to the chatter and we actually need more chatter in the off season. We got some great candidates, lets get them now, when every one is paying attention. I think the problem getting viable candidates in the past was we waited to long and nobody was around and we couldn't hardly remember who was actively posting during FF season.

Just my :2cents:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been silent here. Reason being is that I am really on the fence. Both sides have great arguments.

I'm a little different than the rest of you. I remember being on the CBS boards and NOT being in this league. I was regularly in the MBBRL Official thread. Loved every minute.

Early on I was hesitant to post in it, but after reading so much, seeing the chemistry inside, I got the nerve up to ask some start or sit questions. At some point, not sure why or how, I asked how one would enter such a league. Wil of White told me to keep posting and I'll be on a waiting list. That sounded great.

So, the very next year I was pleased to have an invite. Accepted immediately.

So when I say I'm different, I mean that I am neither an original, nor a result of expansion. (I do believe there was one other.... my fellow countryman? Can't remember)

I do like that drone idea from Joe. (and I miss Alpha Man from Wil)

....as for the off season, we do have MBBRL baseball consisting of mostly the same group (just one league), but it has nothing on thisleague as far as chatter goes.... but that's where you'll find us.

Speaking of which, Mr. molsaniceman was an excellent addition to that baseball league.

DUB, molsan, ehb and femur have my undoubted support.

The others? I certainly have confidence in their interest.

One thing nobody has mentioned.... the draft. We all know how hard it is to get everyone together on one night, 24 to 36 (or 35) could be a stretch.... and that is something I'm not on the fence with, different draft dates... nope, not a chance and I'm sure that thought is shared by all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why having the drafts close together is important. I sure there is a good reason.....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why having the drafts close together is important. I sure there is a good reason.....

I am pretty sure KOTF and BATG drafts were different days one year.

I don't care as much about that issue, but if it has to be the same day, that one is pretty simple. Set it like 2 months in advance and everybody plan around that date/time. We are all committed individuals. There might be a couple guys that have challenges arise, but that has always been the case.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other candidates worth considering for a C league.

Robotech
ill
Hambomb
Jeffro151
husker1217
DirtDirt
Beengayfudgepacker
Brees

Now I know some here think it's crazy to consider Brees and I understand exactly why. However I tell you something, I invited him to a start up league just to see how wacky it would be. Well actually he drafted pretty normally and was active on waivers and trading. Now he didn't do well, but that was because some his studs ended up being duds, like Gurley and R. Wilson and a few others, but otherwise if you didn't know him from this site, he was just another FF guy. Honest.:nod:

After playing in D2 with ehb5 and femurov they got my respect. Both made the playoffs and one is in the championship. Also they bring a different look on how to build a team, I'd have to say their way was a valid way to build given the results. Also both were active in the D2 thread. Think we need new blood to show us a different way to go about putting a team together. You all heard the antidote where a father asks his son why he doesn't listen to someone with 20 years experience and the son says it's one year experience repeated 20 times. Not to say that's the case with this league, but I do think we tend to sort of use the same formula to put together a team. Lets put our way to the test against new ideas.

Now I've heard concern about new members not posting in the off season, well I won't assume that they won't. Prior to getting a invite to join MBBRL from WilWhite, I had never posted here, barely knew this forum existed, but I jumped right into it. Also like Tlance mentioned not all of the current members are necessarily active here in the off season, it's actually kind of slow here in the off season. Now the suicide leagues and coma leagues are a couple of things that juice things up in the summer here. Why won't a C league suicide and coma league do the same?

A C league is a good thing. It's going to add to the chatter and we actually need more chatter in the off season. We got some great candidates, lets get them now, when every one is paying attention. I think the problem getting viable candidates in the past was we waited to long and nobody was around and we couldn't hardly remember who was actively posting during FF season.

Just my :2cents:
I guess I can't speak for anyone else in this, but I know I personally could care less if people are around in the offseason, I myself plan on taking a nice break as soon as this is all settled, I'm feeling the burnout. But when we, and we as in the ones who started the whole thing, when we stated this deal, we wanted active posters on the fantasy football boards, I don't think anyone was expecting much of anything between say the super bowl and training camp, but we'd definitely like to see everyone active by preaseason.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can't speak for anyone else in this, but I know I personally could care less if people are around in the offseason, I myself plan on taking a nice break as soon as this is all settled, I'm feeling the burnout. But when we, and we as in the ones who started the whole thing, when we stated this deal, we wanted active posters on the fantasy football boards, I don't think anyone was expecting much of anything between say the super bowl and training camp, but we'd definitely like to see everyone active by preaseason.

I certainly agree with what you said about being active by preseason. All the conversations is one of the big reasons we all love this league.:suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the NFL draft will keep us around.

.... that and @averagejoe 's charts and graphs!!!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure KOTF and BATG drafts were different days one year.

I don't care as much about that issue, but if it has to be the same day, that one is pretty simple. Set it like 2 months in advance and everybody plan around that date/time. We are all committed individuals. There might be a couple guys that have challenges arise, but that has always been the case.
My memory is certainly not gospel, but I don't recall them ever being on different days. Not that it really matters. Between all the leagues people are in, all the discussion we do here, the rankings games and so on, the vast majority of us are open books and whatever affect knowing what your leaguemates think about player X really doesn't change our draft. So I can't really see there being a problem with having different days..it's just not as preferable s the excitement as having them all done at the same time and seeing the discussion that follows

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Days are HUGE. In one day, Benjamin and Jordy can tear the knees up. One league benefiting from that with points and league swapping going on? I don't like the sounds of that.

At least if everyone drafts at the same time, we all get screwed.