• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 MBBRL NOMINATIONS TO FILL OBLIVION SPOTS

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list... No gripes from me

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200.gif

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad molsanice accepted. Pretty sure we nominated him a year or two ago and he graciously declined.
Or maybe that was redseat?
redseat was a regular poster for a while. He kind of disappeared this season.

I like most all of the nominations thus far. :rolleyes2:

Not sure we have enough (12) for a C league?
If we scrape up 11, we could fire up the drone team again?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad molsanice accepted. Pretty sure we nominated him a year or two ago and he graciously declined.
Or maybe that was redseat?
redseat was a regular poster for a while. He kind of disappeared this season.

I like most all of the nominations thus far. :rolleyes2:

Not sure we have enough (12) for a C league?
If we scrape up 11, we could fire up the drone team again?

Bet we could scrape up enough for a C team.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one that was spared of the chopping block last year I feel for micro and stomp. I also think that that is a high quality list of guys nominated and then there is dub. Dub is a folk hero, a legend, a myth. I think he dances his way in but it will be wrong to lose such great guys like micro and stomp plus consider all the other nominated guys. I don't think I have the stomach for this vote. I don't think I can handle it.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But dub has me at hello

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with any of the nominations, but I can't vote either Stomp or Micro out. Micro was in the B league when I was in there and he has had really good teams until this year. Stomp really came on at the end of the year and it really shows how much integrity he had that he was really out of the playoff race early and was most likely going to be falling into oblivion, but he kept fighting hard at the end of the year and had his best weeks. Plus, a lot of you know how I feel about the way things went down last year with this whole "oblivion" thing and neither one of them even came close to committing the acts that somebody that was saved last year committed, so I can't in good conscience vote for anybody other than Stomp and Micro.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably won't be the only one to ask..

So, in the MBBRL redrafts, we have a two tiered "system". MBBRL "A" or Keepers of the Flame, consist primarily of the 12 of us who started the idea..after a couple years, with more interest, we added another 12 team league MBBRL "B" or Barbarians at the Gate. In doing so we set up a system where 2-4 teams would move "up" to KOTF every year, while 2-4 A owners move "down" to B. The number of teams moving up are determined by A league vs B league total points scored..if B league outscores A league, 4 teams move up, if not, only 2--4 teams has yet to happen though.

One more thing in regards to Treff's post. Four teams move up from the B league only if they outscore the A league by 168 points for the season per the league rules.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been quite a few owners that have been "saved" due to attrition or other factors the last couple of seasons.
Maybe instead of voting new members in, we should vote to abolish "oblivion."
Then create a C league.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with any of the nominations, but I can't vote either Stomp or Micro out. Micro was in the B league when I was in there and he has had really good teams until this year. Stomp really came on at the end of the year and it really shows how much integrity he had that he was really out of the playoff race early and was most likely going to be falling into oblivion, but he kept fighting hard at the end of the year and had his best weeks. Plus, a lot of you know how I feel about the way things went down last year with this whole "oblivion" thing and neither one of them even came close to committing the acts that somebody that was saved last year committed, so I can't in good conscience vote for anybody other than Stomp and Micro.
Canes is 100 percent right. I also feel lucky enough to have known all of you great guys. I think though that it might be time for me to give my spot to micro or stomp. I was spared last year and honestly I didn't deserve it. I have just lost my edge. I just don't commit to it like I used too and that's not fair to the league and to guys like micro and stomp who really want to be hear so I am officially retiring. It's been great and you guys all helped fill a huge void in my life for many years but I just don't have the gusto anymore. It's will still be in the dynasty league. But I am officially giving up my spot in this power league. I know there are players out there that will want it more than I do these days and thanks for putting up with me all these years.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still be around though

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to sound harsh but I'm not sure how I feel about a 'C' league. The MBBRL was established to assemble the 'cream of the crop' - it started with the 12 most active (and seemingly knowledgeable) posters on CBS, then grew to 23 with the advent of the 'B' (the 24th was the drone). Oblivion was included strictly as a means to weed out the less successful of those 24. Thus, there is always potential for an additional 2 'new' folks to move in.

Not taking anything from the nominees, but it seems like adding another 11 or 12 posters for yet another MBBRL league, waters the foundation of the MBBRL down. As for oblivion, by rule, it will always be there in some form or another since the same move up/down criteria would have to be applied to the 'B' and 'C' as for 'A' and 'B'.

In the end, I think I've vote no to expansion - but probably could be persuaded otherwise (with some really good rationale).

BTW - there is nothing preventing anyone from starting their own competitive splinter league. ...

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have nine people nominated for two spots.

Of the nine I have 5 that I want to vote for and one that I would not vote for. @richig07 I don't know well enough to vote one way or the other.

So I think we have a solid group to choose from and it is going to be hard to narrow it down to 2.

Of the other three @DUB sounds like he was in MBBRL before I was, but I don't know him. @CreepCreep2014 I have never run across before this thread

Hey there..LOL

I mostly post at night while at work. I work the overnights 10p-6a then have my son all day until the sitter comes. So I am not on during the day or weekends as much. I try to add my input; but by the time I get here, everyone else has already thrown in their 2 cents and I tend to agree with others...so I will like the comments that I agree with. If I see a new post, I will certainly answer the best I can.

Thanks again!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to sound harsh but I'm not sure how I feel about a 'C' league. The MBBRL was established to assemble the 'cream of the crop' - it started with the 12 most active (and seemingly knowledgeable) posters on CBS, then grew to 23 with the advent of the 'B' (the 24th was the drone). Oblivion was included strictly as a means to weed out the less successful of those 24. Thus, there is always potential for an additional 2 'new' folks to move in.

Not taking anything from the nominees, but it seems like adding another 11 or 12 posters for yet another MBBRL league, waters the foundation of the MBBRL down. As for oblivion, by rule, it will always be there in some form or another since the same move up/down criteria would have to be applied to the 'B' and 'C' as for 'A' and 'B'.

In the end, I think I've vote no to expansion - but probably could be persuaded otherwise (with some really good rationale).

BTW - there is nothing preventing anyone from starting their own competitive splinter league. ...

I don't see a C league as watering anything down. The A league would be the " cream of the crop" . One of the best thing IMO about this league is the A and B concept, and the idea that coming in last has consequences. Adding a C league would only enhance this. Right now to get sent off to oblivion is hard, nobody really wants to say adois to someone they have known for years, but getting demoted to a C league.....that would be seen as the right thing. Also expanding to 36 allows more chances of including someone that is truly great at FF, someone we may never know if we keep to 24 with only the occasional addition.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey there..LOL

I mostly post at night while at work. I work the overnights 10p-6a then have my son all day until the sitter comes. So I am not on during the day or weekends as much. I try to add my input; but by the time I get here, everyone else has already thrown in their 2 cents and I tend to agree with others...so I will like the comments that I agree with. If I see a new post, I will certainly answer the best I can.

Thanks again!!

Now I am going to have to get to know you, because I also work the overnight shift 5P-4A.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not for aC league whatsoever. We've got 24 now, and what? 6 nominees? No one is bring up more names, (no SP, no matter how hard you lobby Brees doesn't count. Not interested in an owner that can't even grasp the concept of being invited), which means we'd be stretching it to get to 36 and we're already running into questionable sportsmanship that we never dreamt of when we started this thing. Highly highly recommend no C league...the whole damned thing could collapse

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I listed about a dozen posters that could fit the bill when this idea first came up. You do have a point about keeping the quality of members high. Would not want someone that quit trying if they fell behind and the more members the higher the chances of that happening. Course your also going find some really good FF members.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a C league as watering anything down. The A league would be the " cream of the crop" . One of the best thing IMO about this league is the A and B concept, and the idea that coming in last has consequences. Adding a C league would only enhance this. Right now to get sent off to oblivion is hard, nobody really wants to say adois to someone they have known for years, but getting demoted to a C league.....that would be seen as the right thing. Also expanding to 36 allows more chances of including someone that is truly great at FF, someone we may never know if we keep to 24 with only the occasional addition.

I can see your point Harold, and understand that 'limiting' to 24, or 36, or heck even 48, probably leaves some really good FF players out. But there has to be a line somewhere, otherwise the criteria for membership just becomes - I've seen something he posted one time and liked it. ..... not all, but many of the names I see as nominees are only active here during the season - - not year-round like the core group has always been. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that people have lives outside of fantasy football, but in my opinion that was not what made the MBBRL what it is.

As for oblivion, keep it or remove it - no major issue from me on that. ....

If the majority wants to expand, that's fine, but I'd still likely vote no at this point.