• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He performed well coming off the bench. Having him as an instant offense off the bench/spot starter guy, is a great role for him with the Lakers.

He also hasn't been near the defensive liability that people think. The Lakers defense has actually improved slightly since the all star break and acquiring IT.

Obviously, that improvement is because Luke and the coaches have figured out a way to "hide him" (like Stevens did in Boston) and the players know he's not stopping anybody, so they are probably being extra vigilant defensively.

Also, his defensive liability isn't because he doesn't try. Dude's always in the right spot defensively. He's just too damn short. lol

I was really on the fence about bringing him back at all. But then I read an article where both Luke and his teammates were effusive in their praise of him. Luke has really liked the way he's fit in and how hard he's worked, the players all seem to love him...that's good enough for me.

DEFINITELY agree with your 4th sentence lol...

ok, i can see it if he continues to come off the bench. question is will he be happy with that, especially since he's looking to get paid...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost the play in game for the NBA Fantasy mock draft. Thought I had a good defensive squad.

Oh well......really wanted to win some Hoop cash.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEFINITELY agree with your 4th sentence lol...

ok, i can see it if he continues to come off the bench. question is will he be happy with that, especially since he's looking to get paid...

We'll see. He seemed to be good with it this year. I expect that if he demands to be a starter, they'll move on from him unless they can't find a better 2 on one year deal.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs down double digits in the 4th...My dream first round matchup of Pacers/Cavs could still come true as the 4/5 series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they gave them up for cap space. Clarkson and Nance are fairly easy to replace Clarkson moreso than Nance, imo) and with the Lakers looking to go after 2 max guys, they were going to be gone anyway. They also got a draft pick out of it, which they didn't have. It's a later pick, but they've had some luck with those.

Depending on how things go in the off-season and how they decide to play it. It also gives them a chance to possibly keep Randle (who has been on a nice tear and has averaged 19 and 9 in the 44 games he's started) while adding a couple of max guys.

They wouldn't be able to keep him and add 2 max guys this year. But they way I heard it explained earlier today, depending on the cap the following season, they could possibly keep him, add a max guy this year and another next year. How much he's offered and if he's willing to give the Lakers any kind of "hometown discount" would play into it as well.

You have said this a few times now. I know it is theoretically possible, but to do it they would have to find a trade partner willing to take Deng, and you won't like the cost. It would likely be something like a 1st and Kuzma. Deng's contract is that bad.

Lakers are going to have to choose between Randle and a 2nd max.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards are just arrogant enough to think they can beat Cleveland in a series. I have no idea what this team will do in the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs down double digits in the 4th...My dream first round matchup of Pacers/Cavs could still come true as the 4/5 series.

Closer and closer now. If they don't come back then losing in Philly tomorrow would all but lock that match up in

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have said this a few times now. I know it is theoretically possible, but to do it they would have to find a trade partner willing to take Deng, and you won't like the cost. It would likely be something like a 1st and Kuzma. Deng's contract is that bad.

oh, no doubt...

with Deng's contract(AND Mozgov's), Short Buss left us with the punishment that keeps on punishing...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards are just arrogant enough to think they can beat Cleveland in a series. I have no idea what this team will do in the playoffs.

Wizards/Philly 2nd round with a bid to the ECF on the line

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes.

But, they don't have to make a decision on Randle until the 6th of July.

So, they should have a sense of who is actually in play for them by then.

Well, LeBron does have tendency to drag it out....that's the only issue...imo

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee losing to BK all but guarantees them the 8th seed assuming the Wiz don't choke.

They'll be a game behind both Miami and Washington but both teams own the tie-break over the Bucks which basically means they're 2 GB of those teams with 3 games left

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

But, they don't have to make a decision on Randle until the 6th of July.

So, they should have a sense of who is actually in play for them by then.

Well, LeBron does have tendency to drag it out....that's the only issue...imo

meh, who needs him...?

but as far as the rest, spot on...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee losing to BK all but guarantees them the 8th seed assuming the Wiz don't choke.

They'll be a game behind both Miami and Washington but both teams own the tie-break over the Bucks which basically means they're 2 GB of those teams with 3 games left

what the heck's been the Bucks' problem lately...?

total one man show...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooo Portland with no Dame went on a 17-0 run to tie it before Houston took back the lead with .8 left