• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ain't playing around lol.
It's pathetic, if the NBA wants to fine the Bulls for not playing Robin Lopez there should be fines for this kind of crap.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pathetic, if the NBA wants to fine the Bulls for not playing Robin Lopez there should be fines for this kind of crap.

Yeah I would be livid if I'm the Bulls. There's been so many obvious tanking by other teams but they have not been warned

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I remember......not a lot of teams have a ton of cash and there are some elite players available this summer ......
7 have ten million or more.

But, that's without making any moves i.e..

Renouncing players, waiving non-guaranteed deals, guys declining options etc....

But, he has some competition.

The only teams that are projected to possess $10 million or more in cap space are the Hawks ($21 million), Nets ($15 million), Bulls ($24 million), Mavericks ($20 million), Lakers ($35 million), 76ers ($30 million) and Suns ($17 million). This is also a fairly deep wing class, headlined by stars Kevin Durant, LeBron James and Paul George along with Danny Green (player option), Trevor Ariza, J.J. Redick, Rodney Hood (restricted), Avery Bradley, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Barton.

Will Barton recaptured thrill with Nuggets after 'darkest times' in NBA

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he should.

Have you seen his numbers? He is a plus athlete who am score in multiple ways, and although he didn't defend so well this year, he is capable of being a plus defender also.

Somebody going to pay this man.
Just imagine if the Blazers still had him instead of Evan Turner.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how to stop these fucking teams from tanking. Make a rule that any teams tanking have to put Lavar Ball on the coaching staff for 1 year. This tanking nonsense would stop real fast.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine if the Blazers still had him instead of Evan Turner.

Yeah. And they could have signed somebody else with the money they saved too.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would be livid if I'm the Bulls. There's been so many obvious tanking by other teams but they have not been warned
They still sit Lopez a lot, but at least he plays. Gasol is "resting" for most if not all games against bad teams, Booker has been "injured" for a while now so instead of having 2 possible good scorers they just handed the keys to Josh Jackson so he can put up nice stats in meaningless games, the Mavs just rested their starting lineup to avoid beating the Magic yesterday, and the Hawks are down multiple starters to end the year although those might be real injuries. The Kings have even had some tank lineups in games recently but for the most part they've played guys trying to win games in the 2nd half of the season. Bulls were made an example of yet the tanking has only gotten worse with no further punishment.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LAD , @CitySushi , @msgkings322 ....

I keep seeing Brunson linked to the Warriors as a possible target at the end of the draft.

Do you think the signing of Cook will change that?

* God, I hope so *

Quite possibly. The Warriors could potentially be looking at a wing I would think. They need a reliable back up on the cheap. McCaw is an RFA, so we'll see how that goes.

Brunson I think might still be a possibility. I think Livingston's contract isn't guaranteed past next season and think Quinn will be signed next year too.

I think if Brunson is the BPA, he might be an option for the team.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly. The Warriors could potentially be looking at a wing I would think. They need a reliable back up on the cheap. McCaw is an RFA, so we'll see how that goes.

Brunson I think might still be a possibility. I think Livingston's contract isn't guaranteed past next season and think Quinn will be signed next year too.

* sobs quietly *

Nooooooo.....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* Tries to control upchuck reflex *

Purely a hypothetical. Because, you'd obviously have to give up more.

But, what if you could swing a trade for......Kawhi?

Would you give up Dray and Parts?

Klay and Parts?

Durant, Klay, Kawhi, Curry and a bag of Shit piled 7 feet high would be DEADLY.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss - what are your thoughts on Lonzo Ball?
I think Lonzo Ball is a good player. I think if LeBron came to the Cavs and said- "no matter what I am going to LA, but if you want to sign and trade me so i get more money and you get something back"- i think Lonzo is the guy i would want more than anyone else on the Lakers.

That being said- it seems that he has some knee issues- and as we see with Kyrie- having knee issues right when you are getting going early in your career isnt great considering you puts tens of thousands of minutes on your knees constantly jumping up and down.

I think that as far as elite lotto talent goes- hes not exactly what you hope for when you get a #2 pick. Is he an ALL NBA type talent? probably not....will he make multiple all star games in his career? probably not but that is not for certain- its at least a possibility. Is he probably a very solid player that could make one or two all star games in his career? i can see a case for that.

Lonzo looks like he has a great feel for the game- but he doesnt seem like he is athletic enough to finish at the rim with consistency and his shot is of course not the prettiest thing in the world. He has pretty good size, but does not seem quick enough to keep up defensively with the best of the best PG's.

You would have hoped hit shooting would have gotten a little better. He played 14 games in March before his knee started hurting again. He shot 35% from the field and 28% from 3. In Feb he only played 2 games. In January he only played 5 games. In december he played 10 games and shot 42% from the field and 38% from 3. On the season he is at 36% from the field, 31% from 3 and 45% from the FT line. His shooting is pretty awful.

he is averaging about 7 rebounds and 7 assists per game. Those are very good numbers. He has some great court vision. He rebounds exceptionally well for a guard.

honestly- when you look at all of this together, and look at his hype when he came in, his great passing, his poor (an understatement) shooting, his great size, his mediocre athleticism, his great court vision---I really think Ricky Rubio is a very good and appropriate comparison. People dont really remember how hyped Rubio was coming in- for his great size, his great court vision-- but like Lonzo- he lacks the high end athleticism to get to the rim and cant shoot. Intangible wise - he seems to be a great leader and a guy that people will follow---

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that as far as elite lotto talent goes- hes not exactly what you hope for when you get a #2 pick. Is he an ALL NBA type talent? probably not....will he make multiple all star games in his career? probably not but that is not for certain- its at least a possibility. Is he probably a very solid player that could make one or two all star games in his career? i can see a case for that.

Yep nailed with this paragraph. I don't think he will be some legend