• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at Cavs fans praying for the Sixers because they think Embiid won't be there.

Playoffs start in 2 week which falls right in the window of when he is expected to return

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at Cavs fans praying for the Sixers because they think Embiid won't be there.

Playoffs start in 2 week which falls right in the window of when he is expected to return
well, he hasn't had the surgery yet. think it's 2-4 after that. hopefully this one is on the shorter side as I doubt they'd be concerned about long-term issues. can't wait to see the mask he goes with

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, he hasn't had the surgery yet. think it's 2-4 after that. hopefully this one is on the shorter side as I doubt they'd be concerned about long-term issues. can't wait to see the mask he goes with

Yep and have to think the surgery takes place some point this weekend.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see a big time recruit try this route out for once. Gonna be real interesting to see how this plays out

If it works out well...we could see a lot more of that in the coming years. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. But it'll definitely be interesting to see what happens.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see a big time recruit try this route out for once. Gonna be real interesting to see how this plays out
And also play with guys who are on some NBA rosters

Agree with you both.

But, I'm curious to see if anyone tries to circumvent the system by becoming a two way player.

From my limited knowledge, they can't.

If they could, that would be shitty for a struggling team because they could angle their way to any team they wanted.

Imagine Ayton skipping college and signing with the Warriors or Cavs on a two way deal....lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it works out well...we could see a lot more of that in the coming years. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. But it'll definitely be interesting to see what happens.

I think if this becomes a trend it will water down the league a little bit. Very few HS kids ever (even 1 year removed from HS) are truly ready for the grueling NBA schedule. Send the HS kids that have the talent to the G League. That way the league's up & coming players are being coached by former players or coaches & learn the NBA game the right way. It doesn't help the player or the school if you force some of these kids to play 1 year of CBB.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Cons...

Guys run the risk of damaging their draft status if they perform poorly.

Plus, they will be taking jobs away from struggling, grown ass men who might be salty about it.

Pros

They stop taking scholarships away from student athletes that have their eyes on getting a degree.

They have a chance to make a little money, can stay stateside and can benefit from playing in a NBA system.

The pay is awful. 19-23 k

But, they can cleanup on endorsement money.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you both.

But, I'm curious to see if anyone tries to circumvent the system by becoming a two way player.

From my limited knowledge, they can't.

If they could, that would be shitty for a struggling team because they could angle their way to any team they wanted.

Imagine Ayton skipping college and signing with the Warriors or Cavs on a two way deal....lol

They were talking about this yesterday on a sports talk show I was listening to on the way home. If I understand what I heard correctly, they can go to any G-league team that will sign them. But when they become draft eligible, they go into the regular draft as if they were just coming out of college.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit...

Did Durant really call that ref a Bitch ass Motherfucker and a N!gga?

If he did, he deserved that ejection.....lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Cons...

Guys run the risk of damaging their draft status if they perform poorly.

Plus, they will be taking jobs away from struggling, grown ass men who might be salty about it.

Pros

They stop taking scholarships away from student athletes that have their eyes on getting a degree.

They have a chance to make a little money, can stay stateside and can benefit from playing in a NBA system.

The pay is awful. 19-23 k

But, they can cleanup on endorsement money.

Agree. I also think that it will potentially hurt the college game initially, but will ultimately make it better. It will hurt it initially, imo, because it will mean the more talented players (the one and done's) won't be joining college teams.

However, it will also likely lead to more players staying 2-4 years which should eventually lead to a better product.

As for guys hurting their draft status. That could definitely happen and would be bad for them. But it could also good for teams because they get a bigger sample size to draw from and get to see these guys against better competition. They should be less likely to draft a guy who ends up being a bust or just not living up to his draft status.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That KD ejection tonight was some straight up bullshit. Even with KD barking more this year, the ref has got to show more restraint. You can't have that quick of a trigger. It's like Shaq said at halftime, (paraphrasing) "The older refs would give you a tech then cuss back it you so you know you needed to walk away and we respected that"
*Ummmmm, errrrrrrr, various sounds of hesitation *

https://deadspin.com/kevin-durant-to-referee-call-the-fucking-foul-you-bit-1824205489

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude has lost his mind.

Call the fucking foul you Bitch ass Motherfucker would get Jesus ejected.

He can't lie about it either because they got his ass on audio.

lol @KD trying to be a tough guy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude has lost his mind.

Call the fucking foul you Bitch ass Motherfucker would get Jesus ejected.

He can't lie about it either because they got his ass on audio.

I don't like KD but he has nothing to prove. Everyone knows how great he is. His behavior this year makes no sense though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That KD ejection tonight was some straight up bullshit. Even with KD barking more this year, the ref has got to show more restraint. You can't have that quick of a trigger. It's like Shaq said at halftime, (paraphrasing) "The older refs would give you a tech then cuss back it you so you know you needed to walk away and we respected that"

Would you throw out a guy if he said this to you?

“Call the fucking foul you bitch-ass motherfucker!”

That’s the shit that gets you knocked out. The little twig thinks he is a hard ass now

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually looking back at it, I hope they get the #3. They would play the Wiz then possibly Boston. Toronto in the 2nd round would be tough

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like KD but he has nothing to prove. Everyone knows how great he is. His behavior this year makes no sense though.

Thug Draymond is rubbing off on him

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a LeClown fan that wants him to have an easier path to the finals...?

nah, punchline. bro, ya just GOTTA be makin' this up...:dhd: