• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah maybe that's my bias too because as a Warrior fan we were used to our best players either leaving on their own or getting traded for pennies on the dollar. Couldn't ever blame them.

Hell even when the Warriors had the We Believe team, Baron Davis opted out of his contract and left for the Clippers for more money. I don't recall any Baron bash pieces by the local media. It was just expected and another journey in being a Warrior fan.
Did Baron leave before or after they traded J. Rich?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Baron leave before or after they traded J. Rich?

After. They traded J-Rich and had another good season (think 48 wins) and was unable to make the playoffs. After that Baron opted out, SJax got his extension and then promptly demanded to be traded. Good times.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all went sideways after one very questionable Zsa Zsa Pachulia "clumsy move"
From 67 and 61 wins to probably 45 wins.
Not exactly....he was already hobbling prior to that incident - more specifically - after stepping on the foot of one of his own team mates sitting on the bench. Let's keep this one-hunid please.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd time in as many weeks there's a protest outside of Golden 1 center for a shooting that happened recently and now fans might not be able to get in.
Yea I live in Sac & was trying to pick my son up from the Amtrak station last week on thurs when I ran into that crowd. They had the J street exit completely blocked off from the freeway & police were EVERYWHERE. So sad though he had to lose his life like that. I mean, shot 20 times in his back yard???

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Lebron is going to rile up the Lebron haters again..

Lebron on who he would vote for MVP.
Who is surprised by his response? :dhd:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone who thinks Father Time has caught up to LeBron, all I'm gonna say is...

Career high in assists

Career high in rebounds

Highest scoring average in 8 seasons.

In his 15th season, all while playing the 3rd fewest minutes of his career
All at the expense of his defense. :D

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone who thinks Father Time has caught up to LeBron, all I'm gonna say is...

Career high in assists

Career high in rebounds

Highest scoring average in 8 seasons.

In his 15th season, all while playing the 3rd fewest minutes of his career

Is he sitting out the rest of the season?
Because, if not, he easily could end up playing the most minutes he has since the 2010 season.

As far as the other stuff, I guess his handpicked roster didn't offer him the help he thought it would?

Reactions: LAD

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 what do you think of this talk of the Lakers looking to resign IT? That seems to fly in the face of going all in for Lebron.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 what do you think of this talk of the Lakers looking to resign IT? That seems to fly in the face of going all in for Lebron.

I think they'll use IT as a backup in case they strike out with the major free agents. I just don't see IT, with all his injury history this past year, being a hot commodity in the off-season. By that I mean not a day 1 or day 2 signing. He may have to wait it out until the top tier free agents are signed to then get his deal.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll use IT as a backup in case they strike out with the major free agents. I just don't see IT, with all his injury history this past year, being a hot commodity in the off-season. By that I mean not a day 1 or day 2 signing. He may have to wait it out until the top tier free agents are signed to then get his deal.

Totally agree with that. But given their not secret desire to get Lebron and the not secret incompatibility of IT and Lebron, it seems odd that they would publicly say they are looking to bring him back.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hadn't heard that until now. If I had to guess, I would say it would be for one of 2 reasons:

Either they are looking at it as a contingency plan in case they don't land any max guys. In which case I think they may look to bring him back on another 1 year deal. This would give them a good scorer and vet to continue mentoring the young guys while also giving him a season to earn back some of the money he lost with the injury and the stuff in Cleveland.

Or...

He has softened his stance on being willing to come off the bench and in how much he's asking for. In which case they could possibly sign him and a couple max guys.

I don't think there should be much concern about him and Lebron being incompatible. I think the problems in Cleveland were more about him not being a good fit with what Cleveland does as an organization/team than anything directly between him and Lebron (although to be fair, I didn't pay a lot of attention to it).

If he and Lebron did both end up with the Lakers, IT would be coming off the bench, so he and Lebron wouldn't be on the court together much anyway.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with him as well and I have no problem with athletes expressing their actual opinions.
The only people with a problem with it are people that just hate the guy. If LeBron cured cancer these dopes would be like "oh look at LeBron the attention hound. Also, what about curing AIDS?"

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I live in Sac & was trying to pick my son up from the Amtrak station last week on thurs when I ran into that crowd. They had the J street exit completely blocked off from the freeway & police were EVERYWHERE. So sad though he had to lose his life like that. I mean, shot 20 times in his back yard???
Yeah it's a tragic thing that happened and I can understand why they wanted to protest at the arena, it could get their cause more attention than most other places in the city. My issue is them doing it a 2nd time after the Kings owner made a speech supporting them and having both the Kings and Celtics wear shirts/do a PSA on Sunday about how these tragedies shouldn't be happening. It can turn people who were on your side against you because you stopped fans from going to a game they wanted to see again(jokes about being lucky to not see that game aside).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassan Whiteside (left hip flexor) practiced in full on Wednesday and he is being listed as questionable for Thursday.

Whiteside has spent the past three weeks on the sidelines, but this is the first time he's gone through any sort of live competitive work since going down with the hip issue.

@bksballer89 @Heatles84
#Eastermiracle

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassan Whiteside (left hip flexor) practiced in full on Wednesday and he is being listed as questionable for Thursday.

Whiteside has spent the past three weeks on the sidelines, but this is the first time he's gone through any sort of live competitive work since going down with the hip issue.

@bksballer89 @Heatles84
#Eastermiracle

Lmao i was so surprised when i saw Ira said he's questionable. Funny how once Bam went down, all of sudden he is nearly healthy enough to return. Bet his ass would have been listed as out for the game tmr if bam didn't get hurt

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people with a problem with it are people that just hate the guy. If LeBron cured cancer these dopes would be like "oh look at LeBron the attention hound. Also, what about curing AIDS?"
Pretty extreme comparisons :noidea: