• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I agree with him.

I'm in the minority here.

But, I have said this consistently all year.

He's definitely right. To be fair, he could have won it every year for about the past 7 or 8 or so.

But it actually coming from him? I just think that's a bad look.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. May be a slight over-reaction, but if we're going to be strapped with the cap paying all the big guys up top, then you have to fill the roster with playable young guys.

Not necessarily. You can always find veterans willing to take less for a legit shot at a ring. You might have to turnover that part of your roster a little more often because those are usually shorter deals and some may decide to go get paid more once they have a ring. But it's a viable option.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keeping THAT core together's gonna be some major hard work...

It'a all gonna come down to how badly those guys want to stay together. If they all insist on getting paid the maximum they can, then they likely can't keep the core together.

But if the players want to keep playing together, they may decide to sacrifice some money to do it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read any of the recent comments but have a question about last nights Cavs/Heat game. So I was watching the Nuggets/Raptors game & flipping to the other game during timeouts. Was I just flipping over @ the wrong time or did LeBron quit on the Cavs again?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the Warriors game last night. Gave me serious deja vu. Brought me back to the good old days where your team was comprised of mostly scrub players and you were really hoping the 3rd string PG on your team shines tonight.

On a side note, McCaw is hot garbage now. I don't know what the hell happened to him, but he's unplayable. Damian Jones got some run yesterday and while you can tell he's super athletic, he's got terrible instincts on the court. It's bad.

And the one guy I would like them to retain, Kevon Looney, had his player option declined by the Warriors. This means the Warriors can only sign him for the equivalent or lower of what his qualifying offer was. If any other team offers him more money than that he's gone (which I think he will be).

Bob Myers has been great assembling the team through free agency, but so far looking his like draft picks have been misses. If I praise him when I think he's been amazing, gotta let him know he's been sub par here.
Mccaw just seems.....BROKEN.

No fire.

Stop worrying about your next fucking contract and start earning this one.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read any of the recent comments but have a question about last nights Cavs/Heat game. So I was watching the Nuggets/Raptors game & flipping to the other game during timeouts. Was I just flipping over @ the wrong time or did LeBron quit on the Cavs again?
He got smothered.

Looked like father time finally caught up to his ass.

But, it was likely a one off...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. May be a slight over-reaction, but if we're going to be strapped with the cap paying all the big guys up top, then you have to fill the roster with playable young guys.
Saw on a mock yesterday that you guys would draft either Brunson or Hamidou Diallo.

I threw up in my mouth a little.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible look for him.

Like @ChiefsLakers67 said, totally egotistical.

But, most athletes are.

True, some just hide it better than others.

Who was it (maybe Barkley?) who said "If you're good, you have to tell other people about it. If you're great...other people will tell you."?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got smothered.

Looked like father time finally caught up to his ass.

But, it was likely a one off...

Father Time will sooner rather than later catch LeBron if he hasn't gotten him already. After all Father Time will always be undefeated. Barring some kinda miracle he'll be watching the Finals instead of playing in them this year.

The Celtics don't have a chance in hell of getting out of the EC. The 76ers I think are too young to make enough noise this year. If the Raptors are ever gonna make it to the Finals this is their best chance in franchise history.

But I think everyone wants to see the match up that will be 10x better than the Finals, Rockets & Warriors.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tbh I kind of checked out and was only half watching by the 4th quarter, but I can say that for the first 3 quarters he actually looked like the only one who gave a shit.

Heat came out and punched the Cavs in the mouth on defense figuratively and Kevin Love in the mouth literally and that was that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone who thinks Father Time has caught up to LeBron, all I'm gonna say is...

Career high in assists

Career high in rebounds

Highest scoring average in 8 seasons.

In his 15th season, all while playing the 3rd fewest minutes of his career

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh I kind of checked out and was only half watching by the 4th quarter, but I can say that for the first 3 quarters he actually looked like the only one who gave a shit.

Heat came out and punched the Cavs in the mouth on defense figuratively and Kevin Love in the mouth literally and that was that.

Damn Love got popped in the mouth? Didn't realize that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Love got popped in the mouth? Didn't realize that.

yeah, nothing dirty, just took an elbow to the mouth. Front tooth got knocked crooked and news today is possible concussion.

He only played like 7 minutes in the game yesterday.

kevin-love-3-27-18.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone who thinks Father Time has caught up to LeBron, all I'm gonna say is...

Career high in assists

Career high in rebounds

Highest scoring average in 8 seasons.

In his 15th season

His hair is looking thinner & thinner. He's made a few dollars, I'm sure he could afford a pair of nice clippers. And what the fuck is up w/ that weird beard he's got?