• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat may not lose another game in the regular season........

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks being the Knicks. Keeping a moribund team that wasn't going to make the playoff before their best player went down. So the best thing for them to do is fire the head coach. Naturally.

I agree. But.....

He was Jackson's pick.

So, they may just want to get their own guys in there.

This new regime has made some questionable moves already.

I honestly think they will regret passing on DSJ...

Well, unless they get Young.

Trae would be a shinny distraction that could give the fans a bit of hope.

Unless they revamp that roster, it wouldn't lead to more wins.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But.....

He was Jackson's pick.

So, they may just want to get their own guys in there.

This new regime has made some questionable moves already.

I honestly think they will regret passing on DSJ...

Well, unless they get Young.

Trae would be a shinny distraction that could give the fans a bit of hope.

Unless they revamp that roster, it wouldn't lead to more wins.

He was Jackson's pick which will be the excuse if they choose to fire him. But Mills was involved and the organization chose to keep him after firing Jackson. Firing him now gives the impression that they expected Hornacek to be a miracle worker.

I agree that they will regret passing on DSJ and obviously Mitchell. Frankie Smokes isn't terrible but his upside is limited.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Lebron is going to rile up the Lebron haters again..

Lebron on who he would vote for MVP.

Lebron James said:
"I would vote for me," James told The Associated Press. "The body of work, how I'm doing it, what's been happening with our team all year long, how we've got so many injuries and things of that nature, guys in and out, to be able to still keep this thing afloat, I definitely would vote me."

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. He's a total freak of an athlete for his age. He reminds me of Shawn Kemp in both body and athletic skill. And also like Kemp, I think he could struggle with weight as he gets older if he doesn't stay in the gym. Look at his hips and thighs. That's a wide frame and you see a lot of guys put on weight as they age with that body type. I'm not saying I wouldn't draft him or anything like that. I'm just saying I hope someone is in his ear telling him he won't always look like that without work, know what I mean?
Yeah, good call on the weight issues.

I'm thinking he still needs to slim down.

Plus, He hasn't always been in this type of shape.

It would be very easy to see him go Oliver Miller in a few years.

He reminds me of Sir Charles in that respect.

...maybe even Shaq.

How great could you be if you just gave a Fuck for your entire career?

In that Barkley link above, Sir Charles says that as long as things come easily it’s hard to know that you’re lazy:

“I was lazy. First of all, you don’t know you’re lazy until you move to the next level. Your level of laziness is dictated by your level of success. Think about it. I’m 300 pounds, but I’m leading the SEC in rebounding. So, like, I don’t *******’ think I’m lazy.”

Mose Malone set him straight. When Barkley asked why he wasn’t playing more, Malone said “because you’re fat and lazy.”

So he quit being lazy and changed his body.

Williamson could be different. He might be able to carry 270. We can’t help but wonder what he would be like at 250 though. Put a guy like that in supreme physical condition, help him polish his skills and he’s scary good.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I agree with him.

I'm in the minority here.

But, I have said this consistently all year.

I agree with him as well and I have no problem with athletes expressing their actual opinions.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was Jackson's pick which will be the excuse if they choose to fire him. But Mills was involved and the organization chose to keep him after firing Jackson. Firing him now gives the impression that they expected Hornacek to be a miracle worker.

I agree that they will regret passing on DSJ and obviously Mitchell. Frankie Smokes isn't terrible but his upside is limited.
I'm mildly interested in seeing what they do with Mudiay, and Utah with Exum, this Summer.

The Knicks keep trying to force Frank into the SG role.

Maybe they think he can develop into a poor man's Olidipo?

It's to soon to say he was a bad pick.

But, this could come back to haunt them in the way Utah, Atlanta regrets passing on Cp3 and the Wolves picking Flint, Rubio over Curry...

...obviously to a lesser degree because DSJ nor Mitchell are Curry, Cp3.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Lebron is going to rile up the Lebron haters again..

Lebron on who he would vote for MVP.

Nah.
Record isn't good enough.
Plus, he quit on his team when he wanted it re-tooled in Feb.
Based on history, Harden is an EASY winner.
Should probably be unanimous.

Reactions: LAD

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the Warriors game last night. Gave me serious deja vu. Brought me back to the good old days where your team was comprised of mostly scrub players and you were really hoping the 3rd string PG on your team shines tonight.

On a side note, McCaw is hot garbage now. I don't know what the hell happened to him, but he's unplayable. Damian Jones got some run yesterday and while you can tell he's super athletic, he's got terrible instincts on the court. It's bad.

And the one guy I would like them to retain, Kevon Looney, had his player option declined by the Warriors. This means the Warriors can only sign him for the equivalent or lower of what his qualifying offer was. If any other team offers him more money than that he's gone (which I think he will be).

Bob Myers has been great assembling the team through free agency, but so far looking his like draft picks have been misses. If I praise him when I think he's been amazing, gotta let him know he's been sub par here.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Myers has been great assembling the team through free agency, but so far looking his like draft picks have been misses. If I praise him when I think he's been amazing, gotta let him know he's been sub par here.

It's tough to hit in the draft when you are always drafting #30.