• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're doing a good job here, I'm getting less worried LOL
i-aint-no-negative-nancy-prints.jpg

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul isn't healthy

Good point.

But, I think a diminished Paul with this Houston Team would beat the Warriors without Steph.

They are a good team without Chris, with him they are Elite.

Plus, Paul is not their only upgrade.

They got Luc and Tucker for defense and both can knock down the 3 ball at a decent clip.

Capela has improved

Green and Eric Gordon are terrific off the bench.

Anything they get from Ariza, Nene, Joe Johnson is a bonus.

With all that being said, you are correct.

Just like the Raptors, until they actually do something in the playoffs , this is all just white noise.
Well in terms of CP3 being healthy it is important to Hou because that is how they keep their foot on the opponents' throat. Without him, there will be a drop off in terms of scoring & offensive flow when Harden has to rest. THAT is where the problem will come for them if they are playing GS. Being just a good team against KD & Klay & a somewhat healthy Steph isn't going to be enough - no matter what court they're on.

In terms of Steph's health I think the other guys can mask that somewhat once they're all back. It will put everyone back into their regular rotation - and Quinn would be great with that 2nd unit in regard to his ability to create his own shot.

I think Kerr has figured out how important JaVale can be against a team with size - so Capela better eat his Wheaties - especially if he has Looney & JaVale together in the same rotation at times.

I am pretty confident in Klay's ability to guard Green or Gordon - am pretty happy Iggy got his grove back - on both sides of the ball and am praying he doesn't lose it again though. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems discouraged.

But, he's actually being realistic....imo
I get it, but I just always think glass half full until it's clearly all gone. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Minny if Butler is healthy.

I think their best matchup is Utah.
No, not Utah. Even with Butler back Minny is still the better match up. Remember GS does like to play in the paint when their jumpers aren't falling & with Gobert down there it makes that more difficult. Also, GS gets a ton of transition baskets against Minny.

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in terms of CP3 being healthy it is important to Hou because that is how they keep their foot on the opponents' throat. Without him, there will be a drop off in terms of scoring & offensive flow when Harden has to rest. THAT is where the problem will come for them if they are playing GS. Being just a good team against KD & Klay & a somewhat healthy Steph isn't going to be enough - no matter what court they're on.

In terms of Steph's health I think the other guys can mask that somewhat once they're all back. It will put everyone back into their regular rotation - and Quinn would be great with that 2nd unit in regard to his ability to create his own shot.

I think Kerr has figured out how important JaVale can be against a team with size - so Capela better eat his Wheaties - especially if he has Looney & JaVale together in the same rotation at times.

I am pretty confident in Klay's ability to guard Green or Gordon - am pretty happy Iggy got his grove back - on both sides of the ball and am praying he doesn't lose it again though. lol
I think Capela's is too big for Looney.

Javelle could be interesting as long as he doesn't get into foul trouble.

Klay, Livingston, Iggy, Cook, Swaggy vs. Harden, Gordon, Paul, Green, Johnson is a huge advantage for the Rockets.

Klay can't guard them all and Iggy looks old.

Green, Durant, West, Looney, Bell, Javelle, Zsa Zsa vs. Capela, Nene, Anderson, Tucker, Ariza, Luc is advantage Warriors. But, not by a landslide.

Well, maybe a really small avalanche...lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Capela's is too big for Looney.

Javelle could be interesting as long as he doesn't get into foul trouble.

Klay, Livingston, Iggy, Cook, Swaggy vs. Harden, Gordon, Paul, Green, Johnson is a huge advantage for the Rockets.

Klay can't guard them all and Iggy looks old.

Green, Durant, West, Looney, Bell, Javelle, Zsa Zsa vs. Capela, Nene, Anderson, Tucker, Ariza, Luc is advantage Warriors. But, not by a landslide.
Yea Looney struggles with big guys by himself - but that's why Kerr plays him & JaVale together now. Trust me, that is a nice duo down in that paint.

Iggy is still good enough on defense to guard all you listed w/ the exception of Harden - and not Harden only because he likes to reach in to strip the ball & that would be playing right into Harden's hands. Klay doesn't have to guard them all, only the "hot" hand.

I just don't even know what to say about Livingston as of late. Seems like he just isn't focused right now. Can be a liability for sure if he continues to turn the ball over so much. But, I'm thinking when Quinn moves to that 2nd unity he will probably play the 1- which IMO would work better for that group since he can create his own shot. It will be interesting to see Kerr's new line ups though.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Minny if Butler is healthy.

I think their best matchup is Utah.
Utah is no joke too, best defense in the NBA when Gobert is healthy. Missing your co-scoring leader makes any first round matchup interesting. The Kawhi less Spurs would be my choice, or New Orleans.

Reactions: LAD

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr looks like he needs to eat a sandwich.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Looney struggles with big guys by himself - but that's why Kerr plays him & JaVale together now. Trust me, that is a nice duo down in that paint.

Iggy is still good enough on defense to guard all you listed w/ the exception of Harden - and not Harden only because he likes to reach in to strip the ball & that would be playing right into Harden's hands. Klay doesn't have to guard them all, only the "hot" hand.

I just don't even know what to say about Livingston as of late. Seems like he just isn't focused right now. Can be a liability for sure if he continues to turn the ball over so much. But, I'm thinking when Quinn moves to that 2nd unity he will probably play the 1- which IMO would work better for that group since he can create his own shot. It will be interesting to see Kerr's new line ups though.
Yeah, I hate injuries.

But, at least this makes the first round a bit more interesting.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah is no joke too, best defense in the NBA when Gobert is healthy. Missing your co-scoring leader makes any first round matchup interesting. The Kawhi less Spurs would be my choice, or New Orleans.
....agree.

The Pelicans are the safest matchup.

But, as much as it pains me to say, the easiest way to beat the Jazz is to let Donovan go Kobe Westbrook.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....agree.

The Pelicans are the safest matchup.

But, as much as it pains me to say, the easiest way to beat the Jazz is to let Donovan go Kobe Westbrook.
:lol: @ Kobe Westbrook