• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Curry's out for Round 1, that's bad news for the Warriors. They still got a good team but not having Curry's going to hurt that team IMO.
Are you sure, not having Curry will hurt the Warriors? Bold take!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be tough, but not impossible for them to win without him during that round as long as KD, Klay & Dray are all back & healthy. I'm guessing the intent is to make sure Steph heals as much as possible - and missing the 1st round should be more than enough time for that.
Did you watch Curry play in 2016 playoffs? He was not himself, and the Ws lost.

Who do you think will be favored if the Warriors meet the Rockets, Rockets having home court game 7?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who do you think will be favored if the Warriors meet the Rockets, Rockets having home court game 7?
Good lord you are such a negative nancy.

Yes, I watch EVERY game they play. And again, they brought in KD as a reinforcement in terms of talent. Have you seen KD play? He is actually a BETTER all around player than Curry.

So you don't think KD is capable of carrying this team if Curry is say, 90% of his normal self? Also, KD had a very similar injury last season that brought him back a few games before the post season, remember? He was able to come back after 6 weeks and was the FINALS MVP. If they hold Curry out through the 1st round that would give him right around 6 weeks of recovery time. So, no I don't think them beating Houston is totally reliant on Curry being 100% since they wouldn't have to see them until the later rounds anyway. Would it help? Of course. But as Steph has mentioned, what team is fully healthy at that point in the season?

How do you know Houston won't be dealing with injuries themselves? Didn't CP3 just miss a few games with a sore hammy? You think that will be fully healed before the playoffs? Come on, get a grip.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RIP to the Warriors bruh LMFAO

giphy.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 seed & 4 seed are the same shit IMO especially Houston & GSW are basically the same level....unlike previous years when the Dubs were much better than the 2 seed.

I disagree.

3 seed gets GS possibly without Steph, or at least with a limited Steph.

They might steal a game or two as he works his way back.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Boozer rule?? What is that exactly?

It's some sort of clause in the CBA that if you decline an option (which the Warriors do with Looney), the team declining the option can only re-sign the player for LESS than what he would have made with the option. It prevents teams from doing what the Cavs initially had planned to do with Carlos Boozer, when they made an under the table agreement to decline his option and re-sign him to a bigger contract. Boozer then screwed the Cavs over and left for the Jazz.

At least that was what I read somewhere. I'm trying to find the original source to confirm again, but I remember pretty clearly saying that Looney would likely be playing elsewhere next year because of this reason.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember pretty clearly saying that Looney would likely be playing elsewhere next year because of this reason.
Well my point of asking was so that I can understand the reason that Looney would be signing elsewhere. Just you saying because of some CBA clause - without details of the clause - wasn't enough & peaked my interest.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

3 seed gets GS possibly without Steph, or at least with a limited Steph.

They might steal a game or two as he works his way back.
I would really like GS to play either Minny or NO in that first round without Steph.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my point of asking was so that I can understand the reason that Looney would be signing elsewhere. Just you saying because of some CBA clause - without details of the clause - wasn't enough & peaked my interest.

That's fine, don't get the hostile tone though, lol.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord you are such a negative nancy.

Yes, I watch EVERY game they play. And again, they brought in KD as a reinforcement in terms of talent. Have you seen KD play? He is actually a BETTER all around player than Curry.

So you don't think KD is capable of carrying this team if Curry is say, 90% of his normal self? Also, KD had a very similar injury last season that brought him back a few games before the post season, remember? He was able to come back after 6 weeks and was the FINALS MVP. If they hold Curry out through the 1st round that would give him right around 6 weeks of recovery time. So, no I don't think them beating Houston is totally reliant on Curry being 100% since they wouldn't have to see them until the later rounds anyway. Would it help? Of course. But as Steph has mentioned, what team is fully healthy at that point in the season?

How do you know Houston won't be dealing with injuries themselves? Didn't CP3 just miss a few games with a sore hammy? You think that will be fully healed before the playoffs? Come on, get a grip.
nobody-likes-a-negative-nancy-mmmmkay.jpg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny! but, most people already know GS can win anywhere so HCA isn't a must in their situation.

Not without a healthy Curry.

For some, not me, Houston vs. Dubs was already a toss up.

So, taking away Steph obviously cements that belief.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not without a healthy Curry.

For some, not me, Houston vs. Dubs was already a toss up.

So, taking away Steph obviously cements that belief.
Pfft, we're talking about a Houston team that hasn't proven anything other than they can win 50+ reg season games. Now if they're steamrolling teams in the playoffs then we can revisit the odds.

Of course we'd like GS to be healthy, but I think as long as KD is healthy Steph doesn't necessarily have to be 100%. That's one of the great things about this team.

BTW, CP3 isn't exactly "healthy" either. With that said what makes Houston better than GS if neither SC & CP3 are 100%?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfft, we're talking about a Houston team that hasn't proven anything other than they can win 50+ reg season games. Now if they're steamrolling teams in the playoffs then we can revisit the odds.

Of course we'd like GS to be healthy, but I think as long as KD is healthy Steph doesn't necessarily have to be 100%. That's one of the great things about this team.

BTW, CP3 isn't exactly "healthy" either. With that said what makes Houston better than GS if neither SC & CP3 are 100%?
Paul isn't healthy

Good point.

But, I think a diminished Paul with this Houston Team would beat the Warriors without Steph.

They are a good team without Chris, with him they are Elite.

Plus, Paul is not their only upgrade.

They got Luc and Tucker for defense and both can knock down the 3 ball at a decent clip.

Capela has improved

Green and Eric Gordon are terrific off the bench.

Anything they get from Ariza, Nene, Joe Johnson is a bonus.

With all that being said, you are correct.

Just like the Raptors, until they actually do something in the playoffs , this is all just white noise.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd:
I'm jus sayin...he's been non-stop with this crap for a couple of days now.
You're doing a good job here, I'm getting less worried LOL