• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snowflake? Oh stop being such a lil bitch. Seems like your G.S. Underoos are in a bunch.
You wanna step outside (the Internet)?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna step outside (the Internet)?

giphy.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason I probably wouldn't is because the team has 8 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year players right now and 2 draft picks coming this year so stockpiling more young assets isn't necessary. Plus I like Mikal a lot more than guys in the 10-20 range and think he could be the Donovan Mitchell of this draft. I would consider trading back with the #1 pick if it got the Kings a lottery pick next year like what Boston got, although it might just be best to go with Ayton.

You have young guys but no 1st round pick in 2019.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ton of people were saying that, I wasn't picking on you specifically. Saying that the Warriors ruined basketball and there was no reason to watch the playoffs because they were locks to win the next 4 titles or whatever. There was a lot of that. But here, have a facepalm back ya snowflake.
True

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys watch Trae Young?

Pretty good bounce back performance, even in a loss.

They shouldn't even be in the tournament.

So, no surprise they were overmatched.

Really good performance. Although down the stretch when things got tight, he had some horrendous shot selection. Needs to work on that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll be surprised if he doesn't go top 5 or 6 as teams dream of having their own Steph.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good performance. Although down the stretch when things got tight, he had some horrendous shot selection. Needs to work on that.
I blame his coach.

He will have to reign that shit in playing in the pros....

Well, unless he lands in Phoenix....lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be surprised if he doesn't go top 5 or 6 as teams dream of having their own Steph.
Yeah, he's so not Steph....lol

But, I would love to see him with the Cavs or Suns.

Booker and Trae would burn the Nets down.

Yet, Phoenix would still lose by 40.

....it would be fun though.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with the bold. For a team like the Kings (small market type team) stockpiling young assets is always necessary, imo. Those assets can be used to trade for star players that wouldn't be likely to choose the Kings in FA and/or can be developed into players who are good enough to possibly attract star players.

For that matter, if the Kings can develop enough of them, they might not even need to trade for or go after stars in FA.
If they don't trade any of their 1st/2nd/3rd year players and keep both picks that'll be 10 guys on rookie contracts, that's a lot of young assets already. Some have more value than others and some(Fox, Bogdan, Giles) I'd rather they not trade. If they are gonna make that kinda trade, the player the Kings get should be an all star with at least 2 years left on his contract. No thanks for rentals who would most likely leave the following year and push them further back. I'd probably prefer the Kings just go through the draft, their PG/SG situation already looks pretty good and they have some solid role players in Skal, Justin Jackson, and WCS. Another thing they could do is go after a young/talented FA to go with their core group like they did with Otto Porter last year(maybe Aaron Gordon this year). What's most important is they focus on the rebuild and don't waste away current/future assets for a failed 8th seed playoff push, it didn't work years ago and it won't work now.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vivek should at least get an assist on some of those moves.
True, the group was committed to Demarcus and wanted to get him into the playoffs even if it fucked their future.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm hoping his overall year and performance today makes a team like Phoenix, Orlando, or Cleveland(if they keep the pick) wanna draft him ahead of the Kings pick.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't trade any of their 1st/2nd/3rd year players and keep both picks that'll be 10 guys on rookie contracts, that's a lot of young assets already. Some have more value than others and some(Fox, Bogdan, Giles) I'd rather they not trade. If they are gonna make that kinda trade, the player the Kings get should be an all star with at least 2 years left on his contract. No thanks for rentals who would most likely leave the following year and push them further back. I'd probably prefer the Kings just go through the draft, their PG/SG situation already looks pretty good and they have some solid role players in Skal, Justin Jackson, and WCS. Another thing they could do is go after a young/talented FA to go with their core group like they did with Otto Porter last year(maybe Aaron Gordon this year). What's most important is they focus on the rebuild and don't waste away current/future assets for a failed 8th seed playoff push, it didn't work years ago and it won't work now.
Well, you know you are getting Hezonja.

The Magic have misused this kid for years.

He's pretty athletic, has a good outside shot and is cocky as Fuck.

"Respect? No, I never had respect to anybody on a basketball court," Hezonja told Sportando. "I heard about, ‘If they smell blood, you get eaten.' I'm not like that. I don't care. Whether it's a veteran or a young player standing in front of me I always have the same goal. I want to run over everybody."

@LAD and @flyerhawk will like this. @trojanfan12 and I, not so much....lol

Here's Hezonja not stopping with his team up 19 points with five seconds left on the clock. He should just run out the clock, but no. Instead, he'd rather establish himself as the alpha and put an exclamation point on Barcelona's playoff victory.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping his overall year and performance today makes a team like Phoenix, Orlando, or Cleveland(if they keep the pick) wanna draft him ahead of the Kings pick.
In a perfect world, you want Doncic?

Shit, go Euro Kings...lol

I would take Ayton because I am not sold on Trill unless you surround him with Shooters.

He could play the Capela, Deandre role if you get some gunners.