• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too far to call him a bust? He was supposed to be the next Lebron and now he's whining about how other guys get the rock?
Well, he gets his numbers...

Which is weird considering how passive and disinterested he looks most of the time.

If you have to beg a guy to show you that he's worth a max offer, that's a clear sign that he's not.

I thought he was the next Kobe.

Boy was I wrong....lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he gets his numbers...

Which is weird considering how passive and disinterested he looks most of the time.

If you have to beg a guy to show you that he's worth a max offer, that's a clear sign that he's not.

I thought he was the next Kobe.

Boy was I wrong....lol

It is funny looking back at the Love Wiggins trade. People have called it a win for the Cavs at times and a win for the Wolves at times. The truth is that it was a good swap. Both teams got what they needed at the time. Both players have also somewhat disappointed as far as what fans were hoping for when they landed them.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their chance for Ayton pretty much comes down to them jumping into the top 2 or 1 in the lottery, the Kings won't get him by being the worst team especially when the Grizz and Suns are all hands on tank. That's why I picked Mikal, he's more in the range available for them. Could also Blow for Bagley/Bamba or Just lose for Jaren.

If SAC falls to #8 or #9 and Mikal Bridges is still there, would you consider trading that pick for #12 and our PHI pick at #17-22? Is that similar to #10 for #15 and #20 last year?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, this is exactly why they need to shut that coming back for the playoffs shit down.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics would be insane to bring him back this season. I don't think there is much chance of it happening.

They better not bring GH back this year, don't rush anything. It's not like he's the last piece of the championship puzzle. Plus I'd hate to see him get injured again if he's really not ready to go.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better not bring GH back this year, don't rush anything. It's not like he's the last piece of the championship puzzle. Plus I'd hate to see him get injured again if he's really not ready to go.

Exactly. If Hayward was the missing piece to making a serious run for a title, then maybe it makes sense. But even with a healthy Hayward, the Celtics are not winning the title. That may have been enough to get them to be run over by the Rockets/Warriors but that's about it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If Hayward was the missing piece to making a serious run for a title, then maybe it makes sense. But even with a healthy Hayward, the Celtics are not winning the title. That may have been enough to get them to be run over by the Rockets/Warriors but that's about it.

No doubt about that. Barring any serious injuries to the Rockets or Warriors there's not a team in the EC that could beat either in a 7 game series. If both Houston & G.S. make it to the WCF (which I expect) it should be a helluva series.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that. Barring any serious injuries to the Rockets or Warriors there's not a team in the EC that could beat either in a 7 game series. If both Houston & G.S. make it to the WCF (which I expect) it should be a helluva series.
But it's so unfair how KD went to the Warriors and broke the league. How is anyone else going to win a title for the next 5 years?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's so unfair how KD went to the Warriors and broke the league. How is anyone else going to win a title for the next 5 years?

You can just stop w/ that KD nonsense. And never did I say it's unfair. I said KD's a bitch because he joined a team he couldn't beat that have 3 AS's & @ the time were the 2x defending conference champs w/ the reigning league MVP.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If SAC falls to #8 or #9 and Mikal Bridges is still there, would you consider trading that pick for #12 and our PHI pick at #17-22? Is that similar to #10 for #15 and #20 last year?
The main reason I probably wouldn't is because the team has 8 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year players right now and 2 draft picks coming this year so stockpiling more young assets isn't necessary. Plus I like Mikal a lot more than guys in the 10-20 range and think he could be the Donovan Mitchell of this draft. I would consider trading back with the #1 pick if it got the Kings a lottery pick next year like what Boston got, although it might just be best to go with Ayton.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can just stop w/ that KD nonsense. And never did I say it's unfair. I said KD's a bitch because he joined a team he couldn't beat that have 3 AS's & @ the time were the 2x defending conference champs w/ the reigning league MVP.

A ton of people were saying that, I wasn't picking on you specifically. Saying that the Warriors ruined basketball and there was no reason to watch the playoffs because they were locks to win the next 4 titles or whatever. There was a lot of that. But here, have a facepalm back ya snowflake.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason I probably wouldn't is because the team has 8 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year players right now and 2 draft picks coming this year so stockpiling more young assets isn't necessary.

Disagree with the bold. For a team like the Kings (small market type team) stockpiling young assets is always necessary, imo. Those assets can be used to trade for star players that wouldn't be likely to choose the Kings in FA and/or can be developed into players who are good enough to possibly attract star players.

For that matter, if the Kings can develop enough of them, they might not even need to trade for or go after stars in FA.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ton of people were saying that, I wasn't picking on you specifically. Saying that the Warriors ruined basketball and there was no reason to watch the playoffs because they were locks to win the next 4 titles or whatever. There was a lot of that. But here, have a facepalm back ya snowflake.

Snowflake? Oh stop being such a lil bitch. Seems like your G.S. Underoos are in a bunch.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors ruined the NBA.

But I'm a Warriors fan and DGAF what you think.

giphy.gif