• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad. Should have just left Jemele & Michael in their own lane with the his & hers show.

They are still staying with ESPN. Just different roles. I don't think ESPN was prepared for the blowback of hearing PoC give their opinions and how some folks would get upset about that.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I hate it when players get righteous at the end of the game. Get righteous in the third quarter and stop them from scoring," Webber said. "This isn't college football. If you're down 50, I hope you lose by 52, or 53, or 54. So what? Dunk it harder! Say to the crowd, 'What's up!' Send them home crying! This is professional.

Interesting college football reference. In '68 when the Buckeyes scored late in the game vs. Michigan to go up 50-14, Woody Hayes went for 2-point conversion. When asked after the game why he went for 2, he said "because I couldn't go for 3." I think I've seen the most obvious run up the score blows in CFB than other sports. (a lot driven by ranked teams wanting to win by more than just a few points)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting college football reference. In '68 when the Buckeyes scored late in the game vs. Michigan to go up 50-14, Woody Hayes went for 2-point conversion. When asked after the game why he went for 2, he said "because I couldn't go for 3." I think I've seen the most obvious run up the score blows in CFB than other sports. (a lot driven by ranked teams wanting to win by more than just a few points)

fuck meeeechegan!

81zMtcC.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still staying with ESPN. Just different roles. I don't think ESPN was prepared for the blowback of hearing PoC give their opinions and how some folks would get upset about that.
I think it's less that they are black, and more they are uber-liberal.

The public hates Skip Bayless, Max Kellerman equally as much, if not more.

Plus, His and Hers was a niche audience.

I get them and love their shtick because I watch the same movies, listen to the same music, grew up in the same era.

But, I know other people with similar backgrounds, experiences that flat out hate Hill.

...another thing...Sports is an escapism for some.

If I want a political debate, I'll watch CNN, Fox News.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's less that they are black, and more they are uber-liberal.

The public hates Skip Bayless, Max Kellerman equally as much, if not more.

Plus, His and Hers was a niche audience.

I get them and love their shtick because I watch the same movies, listen to the same music, grew up in the same era.

But, I know other people with similar backgrounds, experiences that flat out hate Hill.

...another thing...Sports is an escapism for some.

If I want a political debate, I'll watch CNN, Fox News.

If given the opportunity I'd bitch-slap Skippy & Max.

200 (1).gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Looks around making sure @trojanfan12 and @LAD are not in the SportsHoopla break room *

@ChiefsLakers67

You see that they picked the chick from Saturday Night Live to play Cheetah in the next Wonder Woman Movie?

At first I was like WTF?

But, she just might be perfect, physically.

I remember being disgusted by the Anne Hathaway hiring and she was fucking awesome as cat woman.

Cheetah-Kristen-Wiig.jpg

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also in Lowe's 10 things just in case you guys don't want to click on the link @Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat @Andresrenee

4. Josh Richardson in the rearview

Say it with me: Richardson is the Miami Heat's best all-around player. He is a threat both on and off the ball -- must-have versatility for a star-less team that compensates by turning all five players into live-wire threats.

He is a terror on defense, quick enough to chase point guards and rangy enough to jostle bigger wings -- and even some power forwards when Miami goes super-small. (They rarely do so now that they are almost -- the vibe on Waiters Island remains subdued -- fully healthy. Erik Spoelstra faces some thorny rotation choices.)

Richardson is among the very best at trailing ball-handlers around screens, lurking behind them, and swatting at the ball:

In his Indiana prime, George Hill was perhaps the preeminent rearview challenger among point guards. Richardson is longer, springier and meaner. He's like a horror movie villain: Even if you can't see him, you hear his footsteps and feel his presence.

Richardson has swatted 59 shots, about one per game -- a huge number for a guy listed at 6-foot-6. Among all players 6-7 or shorter, only Draymond Green has blocked more shots.

I loved the pick up of Richardson in the 2nd round when Miami got him. I've always said that there's plenty of quality players available in the late 1st and early 2nd round if you have a great scouting department. Very glad we got him locked up for the next 4-5 years.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson had a better season this past one than the one he won a Heisman.

He's a Michael Vick-like talent. He had a better college career (at least statistically) than Vick......he ws an electrifying player.

I like Lamar Jackson, but he has some real questionable accuracy issues in college, although Vick's accuracy wasn't ideal either at the time.

Vick didn't have the opportunity of working with an offensive-minded coach like Jackson did with Bobby Petrino. Frank Beamer was more defensive and special teams oriented.

Besides, college stats generally mean dick to me. I've seen guys break records at certain schools and not amount to shit in the NFL. Hell, Rosier broke the season record for TDs by a QB this year, yet he's terrible and won't even sniff an NFL combine.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft him to play QB and if he doesn't succeed......try and convert him to RB...at least that's something he's done......run around a lot.

Lamar Jackson would be better suited for WR. Dude's 6'3.

Leverage is an important aspect. Hard to get your shoulder pads lower then defenders when you're taller than most LBs/S/CBs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having more titles doesn't always translate to being better.

Example 1 -Jordan over Kobe.

Yes, because Mike was the better player and had more rings

Example 2 -Horry over Barkley/Malone because.... gtfoh for obvious reasons.

Being a great manager of talent, egos * Phil * is not the same as being a great X's and O's coach.

I have both top 5. But, grudgingly give Pop #1.

Hell, you could say Kobe over Lebron. At this juncture, most are now willing to concede that Lebron's the better players, despite Kobe's 5 rings.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Looks around making sure @trojanfan12 and @LAD are not in the SportsHoopla break room *

@ChiefsLakers67

You see that they picked the chick from Saturday Night Live to play Cheetah in the next Wonder Woman Movie?

At first I was like WTF?

I remember being disgusted by the Anne Hathaway hiring and she was fucking awesome as cat woman.

lol, yeah at first it's a head scratcher, but then you're all like "y'know" after the 2nd take...

Last edited by a moderator:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@ChiefsLakers67

At first I was like WTF?

Cheetah-Kristen-Wiig.jpg

My pants moved.