• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also in Lowe's 10 things just in case you guys don't want to click on the link @Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat @Andresrenee

4. Josh Richardson in the rearview

Say it with me: Richardson is the Miami Heat's best all-around player. He is a threat both on and off the ball -- must-have versatility for a star-less team that compensates by turning all five players into live-wire threats.

He is a terror on defense, quick enough to chase point guards and rangy enough to jostle bigger wings -- and even some power forwards when Miami goes super-small. (They rarely do so now that they are almost -- the vibe on Waiters Island remains subdued -- fully healthy. Erik Spoelstra faces some thorny rotation choices.)

Richardson is among the very best at trailing ball-handlers around screens, lurking behind them, and swatting at the ball:

In his Indiana prime, George Hill was perhaps the preeminent rearview challenger among point guards. Richardson is longer, springier and meaner. He's like a horror movie villain: Even if you can't see him, you hear his footsteps and feel his presence.

Richardson has swatted 59 shots, about one per game -- a huge number for a guy listed at 6-foot-6. Among all players 6-7 or shorter, only Draymond Green has blocked more shots.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also in Lowe's 10 things just in case you guys don't want to click on the link @Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat @Andresrenee

4. Josh Richardson in the rearview

Say it with me: Richardson is the Miami Heat's best all-around player. He is a threat both on and off the ball -- must-have versatility for a star-less team that compensates by turning all five players into live-wire threats.

He is a terror on defense, quick enough to chase point guards and rangy enough to jostle bigger wings -- and even some power forwards when Miami goes super-small. (They rarely do so now that they are almost -- the vibe on Waiters Island remains subdued -- fully healthy. Erik Spoelstra faces some thorny rotation choices.)

Richardson is among the very best at trailing ball-handlers around screens, lurking behind them, and swatting at the ball:

In his Indiana prime, George Hill was perhaps the preeminent rearview challenger among point guards. Richardson is longer, springier and meaner. He's like a horror movie villain: Even if you can't see him, you hear his footsteps and feel his presence.

Richardson has swatted 59 shots, about one per game -- a huge number for a guy listed at 6-foot-6. Among all players 6-7 or shorter, only Draymond Green has blocked more shots.

His blocks/steals boost his nightly fan duel scores!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@flyerhawk @Sparhawk good game last night

You guys were hot from the arc and Robert Covington had one of his patented implosion games. Embiid was a bit off as well. Simmons played.

Best I've seen from Winslow. Wade seems to really embrace playing the Sixers.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@flyerhawk @Sparhawk good game last night

Seemed like the Heat wanted it more.

Embiid has struggled the last 5 games with shooting %s of .410 FG/.235 3P/.579 FT.
That's not good....

While seeding is important, we need to get the big fella right for the playoffs.
Most games/minutes he has ever played in a season, so conditioning is a factor.

I also thought it needs to be mentioned and I would like the perspective of a Heat fan on this :
What happened at the end of the game?
Heat up 7 with 25 seconds left, the Sixers apply 'light' pressure and half-heartedly try to steal the ball, Whiteside dunks with 7 seconds left.... how is this any different than what Saric did? Sure, there may have been a second difference between the clocks so it technically was not the last possession, but for all intents and purposes the game was already decided.

Was the Whiteside dunk 'bush league'?
Or does it validate Saric?

In my eyes, I have no problem with the dunk.
We tried to get the ball, game goes on.
Whiteside had gotten the better of Embiid this game, so sure, maybe the dunk meant something more, but Sixers need to play better to not be in that position. At least nobody threw the ball at him. I can imagine the 'Philly' articles that would be writing themselves this morning.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While seeding is important, we need to get the big fella right for the playoffs.

I also thought it needs to be mentioned and I would like the perspective of a Heat fan on this :
Heat up 7 with 25 seconds left, the Sixers apply 'light' pressure and half-heartedly try to steal the ball, Whiteside dunks with 7 seconds left.... how is this any different than what Saric did? Sure, there may have been a second difference between the clocks so it technically was not the last possession, but for all intents and purposes the game was already decided.

Whiteside had gotten the better of Embiid this game, so sure, maybe the dunk meant something more, but Sixers need to play better to not be in that position. At least nobody threw the ball at him. I can imagine the 'Philly' articles that would be writing themselves this morning.....

I had no issues with what Saric did last week so the Whiteside dunk didn't bother me.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys were hot from the arc and Robert Covington had one of his patented implosion games. Embiid was a bit off as well. Simmons played.

Best I've seen from Winslow. Wade seems to really embrace playing the Sixers.

Not just Philly lol. He been playing well since the last Philly game. Still remember, Spo said the practice prior to the Philly game last week how it was the first time he recognized Wade since we got him back.

Avg 17 PPG on 50% shooting this month (doesn't include his 27 point on 62% shooting game vs Philly at the end of Feb)

As for Winslow, this is the best offensive stretch of his career. I'm at the point where I expect him to knock down his 3's now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Steve Francis looks back on his career: "I was the most electric player to ever do it"

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn't any different. Except Embiid didn't shoot the ball into Whiteside's back.

I thought Whiteside's dunk was NBD. If the Sixers didn't want him to dunk the ball, then play better D.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like the Heat wanted it more.

Embiid has struggled the last 5 games with shooting %s of .410 FG/.235 3P/.579 FT.
That's not good....

It wasn't different, per se.

But, it also wasn't the last play of the game either.

Unless you think Whiteside should have taken a shot block violation?

...and no, it doesn't validate Saric in the eyes of people who think he shouldn't have taken that shot.

Agree to disagree I guess...

There are tons of people who agree with you and equal amounts that don't.

Whether you like it or not, there's an unwritten rule in the NBA that the winning team isn't allowed to score with fewer than 24 seconds left -- they have to run out the clock instead.

We can sit here and discuss the merits and fairness of this policy, but it is what it is, and on Thursday we saw what happens when a player decides to go rogue. With 12 seconds left in the Philadelphia 76ers' 108-97 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers, Sixers forward Dario Saric decided he would take the wide-open lane the Cavs were giving him and dunk the ball.

Big mistake.

Well, TNT analyst Chris Webber -- who played the game at the highest level possible -- was a broadcaster on the game, and his opinion vastly differs from Clarkson's.

"I hate it when players get righteous at the end of the game. Get righteous in the third quarter and stop them from scoring," Webber said. "This isn't college football. If you're down 50, I hope you lose by 52, or 53, or 54. So what? Dunk it harder! Say to the crowd, 'What's up!' Send them home crying! This is professional.

"And I get it Clarkson, trying to come over to earn some social currency with your team. But, that's whack."

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not good....

He's likely hitting his oft-delayed rookie wall. He's played 53 of Philly's 64 games (only played 31 last year and 28 in his one year at Kansas over the past 4 years).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I hate it when players get righteous at the end of the game. Get righteous in the third quarter and stop them from scoring," Webber said. "This isn't college football. If you're down 50, I hope you lose by 52, or 53, or 54. So what? Dunk it harder! Say to the crowd, 'What's up!' Send them home crying! This is professional.

Exactly this, for me. These are professionals. When high schools run up scores or showboat, the team should be punished. When college schools do it, they should be chastised. When pros do it, the losers should shut up and deal with it.

If the Patriots want to score 100 points in a game, that's their choice. Don't like it? Stop them from doing it.

These unwritten rules to avoid hurting people's feelings are utter bullshit. These people get paid millions of dollars a year. Got out to the club after the game and buy a bottle Dom to wash away your tears if you don't like it.