• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5.in both offence and defence
Best home record
4th best road record
2 best point differential

These guys are legit.

Sadly a few people on here won't give them respect because of their performance a few years ago.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors bench out scored the Wiz bench 50-15 tonight

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are legit.

Sadly a few people on here won't give them respect because of their performance a few years ago.
This is true but its ok. Raps have a chip this year and have to prove its real.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but its ok. Raps have a chip this year and have to prove its real.

I'm rooting for them. Tired of the Cavs in the Finals every year. Strangely, I don't mind the Warriors there every year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Utah misses the playoffs solely because they keep wearing those god awful red/orange/yellow national park jerseys.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto aren't getting the respect they deserve. Best record in the East, 3rd in the league behind GS and Houston. Top 10 in both defense and offense.

They may be a legit threat to make the Finals.

They are a really good team.

Is DeRozan a superstar now?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that logjam at PF was going to be a problem eventually. Kuzma and Nance have somewhat redundant skill sets and Randle has a different skill set. Kuzma looks like he will be a better player than Nance, so it made sense that Nance was the one traded.

Kuzma and Nance are almost nothing alike. Kuzma stretches the floor and Nance is a blue collar energy guy who gets most of his points at the rim.

I think in 2018, Kuzma can play alongside either in a smallish lineup. I said they may regret it, because they only needed that cap space if they sign 2 max guys. Nance was young and cheap.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Young is a fucking idiot. Why would he shoot a three with 14 seconds left on the shot clock, 29 seconds on the game clock, and up by five points?

I think you answered your own question.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are legit.

They are legitmately better this year. They might even make it out of the East.

But, they have almost no chance to beat the Warriors once they get there.

Also, one of the main reasons they have been so consistent in the regular season is their bench play. Teams have more days off in the playoffs, rotations shrink and bench play becomes somewhat less of a factor.

The Raps are really good, but they still look like a team built more for the regular season than the playoffs to me. I guess time will tell.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Zaza injured someone again. This time it's Curry.

@Mecca @bksballer89

I hope everybody watches the replay of this and dissects it the way they did his plays against Kawhi and Russ.

Zaza is contesting the shot, but he inexplicably slides his foot out in the direction of a lunging Curry. It actually very closely resembles the Kawhi play in many ways.

Zaza is such a clumsy oaf, many of his movements on the court (like this one) appear unnatural. Nobody is going to seriously suggest that he did this to Curry on purpose. I think it is utterly ridiculous to suggest someone who is so clearly unaware of his body is capable of purposefully sliding his foot under Leonard's without looking.

Chastise him for being reckless all you want, but claiming he acts to intentionally injure opponents is a major reach. He is an elephant competing against a bunch of gazelles and the moment he relents or eases up is the moment he becomes expendable.

Zaza deserves to shoulder blame when he hurts somebody, but don't say he is doing it on purpose. He is just that clumsy.

Reactions: LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are legitmately better this year. They might even make it out of the East.

But, they have almost no chance to beat the Warriors once they get there.

Also, one of the main reasons they have been so consistent in the regular season is their bench play. Teams have more days off in the playoffs, rotations shrink and bench play becomes somewhat less of a factor.

The Raps are really good, but they still look like a team built more for the regular season than the playoffs to me. I guess time will tell.

Bit different opinion from the "no way the raptors make it to the finals" talk I heard not even 2 months ago.

It was 'Cavs will represent the east in the finals guaranteed" not too long ago.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit different opinion from the "no way the raptors make it to the finals" talk I heard not even 2 months ago.

It was 'Cavs will represent the east in the finals guaranteed" not too long ago.

That is fair.

I think the Cavs needed to make moves, but they didn't get enough. Only way they could be a legit title contender this year was dealing that Nets pick. Cavs can make the Finals for sure, but it isn't a lock.

Raps must hold on to number 1 so Boston and Cleveland are forced to face off in round 2. I can't see them beating both.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors win a big road game in Washington.
Despite shooting 19-31 from the line

Raptors with the 4th best road record to go along with the best home record.

Should get the top seed

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca @bksballer89

I hope everybody watches the replay of this and dissects it the way they did his plays against Kawhi and Russ.

Zaza is contesting the shot, but he inexplicably slides his foot out in the direction of a lunging Curry. It actually very closely resembles the Kawhi play in many ways.

Zaza is such a clumsy oaf, many of his movements on the court (like this one) appear unnatural. Nobody is going to seriously suggest that he did this to Curry on purpose. I think it is utterly ridiculous to suggest someone who is so clearly unaware of his body is capable of purposefully sliding his foot under Leonard's without looking.

Chastise him for being reckless all you want, but claiming he acts to intentionally injure opponents is a major reach. He is an elephant competing against a bunch of gazelles and the moment he relents or eases up is the moment he becomes expendable.

Zaza deserves to shoulder blame when he hurts somebody, but don't say he is doing it on purpose. He is just that clumsy.
raw