• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should go after Cousins. Nothing special but is a top 15 QB and not close to retiring as Brees & Eli are
Plus Cousins can play center for them too!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said BB was trash when the Jags played the Bills and he took them to the AFC title game and they gave the Pats all they could handle.

Bortles didn't take them anywhere; he was along for the ride. The Jags win despite Bortles, rarely because of him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, our same exact damn lineup was good enough to end the Spurs' 14-game home winning streak.

But then again, I could understand quite well as to why the Laker divas are still pumping their chests over a meaningless, fluky regular season game from multiple nights ago.

It is the highlight of their whole damn season, after all.

Lakers just beat the Spurs also about a week ago, no big deal. Spurs have lost 4 out of their last 6.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he's a good to great QB....I'd say he's average but he's not trash. He's not the reason they lost. It was 2nd and 9 (or 3rd and 9, can't remember) with a few minutes to play and the Pats were going to run......Lewis got a first down. The Jags defense didn't make a stand when they had to.

The owner loves BB (saw that on the pre-game show earlier in the postseason when they were discussing BB possibly being replaced), it's not a done deal they let him go.

Agree. He's no all pro or future HoF'er. But he is a solid starting qb. He's not a Wilson, Brady, Roethlisberger or Brees type, where you can hand him the ball and say "Go win the game for us."

But he is a guy that you don't have to worry about him losing the game. As long as they have a very good defense and solid run game, a team can win a Super Bowl with him at qb.

A few things happened yesterday that cost the Jags the game, imo. I think the defense got a little tired, Brady got hot, Amendola made 2 amazing/clutch catches and the Jags got too conservative in their play calling.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. He's no all pro or future HoF'er. But he is a solid starting qb. He's not a Wilson, Brady, Roethlisberger or Brees type, where you can hand him the ball and say "Go win the game for us."

But he is a guy that you don't have to worry about him losing the game. As long as they have a very good defense and solid run game, a team can win a Super Bowl with him at qb.

A few things happened yesterday that cost the Jags the game, imo. I think the defense got a little tired, Brady got hot, Amendola made 2 amazing/clutch catches and the Jags got too conservative in their play calling.

Exactly. It'd be different if he didn't have Fournette. If he had to throw 40-50 times every game....they'd be fucked.

He kinda reminds me of Joe Flacco.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The play-calling was conservative all game long. They really only trust Bortles on short passes to RBs and TEs until their backs are against the wall.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd and 18 did the Jags in. Playing a soft ass zone there was so damn stupid.

Allowing that TD at the end of the first half was the start of the end for me. Reminded me of the turning point vs the Falcons in the superbowl when they took their foot off the gas. You can't let up, even for a drive, against the Patriots in the playoffs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but I still think they win that game with Smith at QB. Heck with what I saw from Foles last night, they win that game with Foles starting.

It is hilarious how little trust they have in Bortles. They basically limit him to 5 yard passes and depends on the receiver to get some nice YAC to make his numbers look nice.

And yet, some considering him an average NFL QB.

Disclaimer: We're in complete agreement

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G is the GOAT. Don't @ me.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your team thinks so highly of him that they'll end up selling him off for cash, and just to satisfy your false hopes of signing LeBron.

ok, you must've been BORN extremely stupid. you're saying i have false hopes of signing WHO...?!!!:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

you're the most ridiculous poster the 'Hoop's ever SEEN...

all that fat has evidently started clogging your brain...:lol:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

You say the Lakers didn't provide enough of a challenge. You do realize that the objective in basketball is to score more points than the opponent....right?

Just in case you don't here is how it works:

In basketball, when you manage to make the ball go through the appropriate hoop (that's the round thing at either end of the floor with the net hanging from it) you get points. Most shots are worth 2 points. However, if you shoot from beyond that arc that you can see painted on the floor, you get 3 points. Free throws, which are shot from the line that is 15 feet directly in front of the basket,are worth 1 point each.

Now, the object of the game is to make the ball go through the hoop more times than your opponent, thus allowing your team to score more points than the opponent.

Because the Lakers scored 13 more points than the Pacers...they won the game and the Pacers, therefore, lost the game.

This means that the Pacers did not provide enough of a challenge for the Lakers.

I hope that clears things up for you and saves you further embarrassment.

For those who may not like me teaching cane about how this all works. Don't worry, I am confident that he will find other ways to embarrass himself that are just as entertaining.

oh, the Pacers weren't properly prepared because it was, after all, just the crummy Lakers...

HurricaneExcuses still rollin' along...:lol:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted about Tony in the other thread.

Agree the Spurs should go after Kemba or Hill.

The fact that Pop has officially named Murray the permanent starter says Parker is pretty cooked.

Dejounte is going to be good. But, he's not ready yet.
I wonder if Spurs are kicking themselves for not finding a way to keep Simmons.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets will knock themselves out by losing to somebody they shouldn't before reaching the conference finals.
Especially if history repeats it's self & CP3 manages to hurt himself either just before or during the post season & Harden has to play PG all by himself.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Spurs are kicking themselves for not finding a way to keep Simmons.
What up, Friend!

Yeah, I really like that kid.

They didn't want to pay him though.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially if history repeats it's self & CP3 manages to hurt himself either just before or during the post season & Harden has to play PG all by himself.
I think they will manage his body well.

He's a little plumper than usual.

So, he might be sturdier longer.

It's his temper that could get him in trouble.

Shit starts going sidewayz, he starts screaming at the ref, the opposition and his own teammates.

He's pretty easy to bait.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What up, Friend!

Yeah, I really like that kid.

They didn't want to pay him though.
Hey now! Finally finished up our move all while being sick - was the best/worst last few weeks if that's possible! LOL

Simmons seems to be doing really well & as good as he played in the post season last year I thought for sure they'd like to keep & develop him similar to what they did with Leonard.