• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because people want to hear it, doesn't make it quality journalism. As an organization, if you want to start going down the TMZ area, that's on you. Other news outlets aren't focusing their business model on Lavar Ball like ESPN is doing to an extreme.

Personally, I've enjoyed sports for over 20 years before Lavar Ball. When he's gone, I think I'll be okay not talking about him.

This and his son plays for my team.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
means sooner or later Lonzo's gonna have to grow a pair and choose a side...

i get that he doesn't wanna go against his own pops, but it might be necessary to do so...

Been saying this since they drafted him. They'll be estranged within 10-12 years.

#TimevindicatesDJ

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former D League player signed by the Clippers on a two way deal.

Because of injuries, we used up all of his NBA days and had to cut him or convert his deal.

The Clippers are hardcapped.

So, they cut him.

He's 27 already. But, he hit 42% from 3.

Worse guys you can give a 10 day to.

43%

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I'd enjoy them beating the Lakers again tomorrow, if losing gets them closer to securing a top 3 pick it's not the end of the world. But still...fuck the Lakers.

Accept the bet!!!

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on how much faith they have in the draft. The Raptors currently have the leagues 3rd best record. A first round pick isn't really going to be worth much.

Unless, you draft like the Lakers.

Kuzma, Clarkson, etc.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* looks around nervously *

Anyone know how to watch that shitshow in Lithuania?

....asking for a friend.

*tries to act nonchalant *

Read an interesting article this morning saying that the Balls may be in for a bit of a rude awakening trying to make it in Lithuania. Apparently, they take their basketball very seriously. According to the article, it's the only European country where basketball is the #1 sport.

"For them, it's not going to be easy," said Dainius Adomaitis, the Lithuanian national coach who coached for 4 years in the LKL (the league the Balls will be in). "The first thing is it's completely different basketball. It's not high school basketball; it's not NCAA basketball."

"It's very physical," said Rashaun Broadus, formerly of Brigham Young who played for 5 teams in Lithuania. "It's the old school game of the NBA: Bad Boys Pistons and Bulls."

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read an interesting article this morning saying that the Balls may be in for a bit of a rude awakening trying to make it in Lithuania. Apparently, they take their basketball very seriously. According to the article, it's the only European country where basketball is the #1 sport.

"For them, it's not going to be easy," said Dainius Adomaitis, the Lithuanian national coach who coached for 4 years in the LKL (the league the Balls will be in). "The first thing is it's completely different basketball. It's not high school basketball; it's not NCAA basketball."

"It's very physical," said Rashaun Broadus, formerly of Brigham Young who played for 5 teams in Lithuania. "It's the old school game of the NBA: Bad Boys Pistons and Bulls."
Wow...Melo is really light in the ass.

So, I'm worried about him.

Saw that the other Teams, players are not happy about the camera crew either.

The kids skipped traveling to the most recent game because the camera crew wasnt allowed to film.

They werent scheduled to play that game. So, no biggie.

But, what happens if that trend continues?

LiAngelo, LaMelo Ball Miss Game Due to Objection to Reality Show Cameras

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will be interesting to see how much the coach/team let them play. (not minutes -- but style)

I heard a NBA scout talk this morning about how Chinco Hills games were a joke -- it wasn't basketball.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi , @bksballer89

Think the Spurs are really interested?

I dunno about the Wiz either.

@tlance

Won't he cut into Oubre's minutes?

They tried this last year with Bogdonavic.

Grizzlies seeking first-rounder for Evans

I think the Spurs would definitely kick the tires on it. Having one more weapon the perimeter would help most any team. But I think the Spurs would be less inclined to give up too much for him because their bench unit already includes Rudy Gay, Kyle Anderson, Manu and Mills. They also have Murray and Forbes who can fill in, in a pinch.

For the Wiz, I think they could use Evans and Oubre together on that second unit. They could also use Evans as a backup PG for spot minutes too. The Wiz make more sense at this point than the Spurs because they have more unproven/inconsistent guys on that second unit like Frazier, Satoransky and Meeks.

I think the Wiz make the most sense and would probably have to give up the most to get him to outbid others.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how much the coach/team let them play. (not minutes -- but style)

I heard a NBA scout talk this morning about how Chinco Hills games were a joke -- it wasn't basketball.
I think they are going to allowed to run roughshod.

This is a glorified exhibition.

Only question is: Will it be Rocky vs. Thunderlips or Apollo Creed vs, Drago?

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I heard the same about Chino Hills. There whole game plan was basically LaMelo shooting the ball from wherever the hell he felt like. It worked for them to a point (you can get away with that stuff in high school). But it also led to games like one where he apparently missed something like 21 three point shots.

As for style, this quote is from the same article:

Added Adomaitis: "The most important thing about Lithuanian basketball is team basketball. We like to share the ball."

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes before Lavar tries to take over coaching the team. lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I heard the same about Chino Hills. There whole game plan was basically LaMelo shooting the ball from wherever the hell he felt like. It worked for them to a point (you can get away with that stuff in high school). But it also led to games like one where he apparently missed something like 21 three point shots.

As for style, this quote is from the same article:

Added Adomaitis: "The most important thing about Lithuanian basketball is team basketball. We like to share the ball."

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes before Lavar tries to take over coaching the team. lol

This whole thing is a farce.

That Dude that I won't mention has managed to reshuffle the deck to try and make Steal-angelo look better than he is.

If you wanted them to play against other children, couldn't that be accomplished by leaving them in High School or College?

Why send them across the globe to face Euro AAU squads?

LITHUANIA -- While the Big Baller Brand Lithuanian Tour has already had its fair share of reality TV moments, the news that Vytautas will now play Zalgiris' second team on Tuesday -- rather than Minsk (0-6 in the Baltic League) -- is a short-term win for most parties involved.

Zalgiris 2 operates as the youth development team for the prestigious Lithuanian power. It's composed of players ranging from 16 to 21 years old and includes some of the top youth prospects in a country filled with ardent basketball fans. Zalgiris 2 is expected to play only its under-18 prospects against the Ball brothers and Vytautas on Tuesday.
While the long-term future of LaMelo and LiAngelo Ball remains uncertain, this at least allows them to match up with the top Lithuanian players in or around their age group.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans could prove to be quite a get for a few NBA teams looking to make some noise in the playoffs this year. The East, in particular, is wide open this year.