• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm hearing, several of the mock draft guys have him #1 and pretty much all of them are saying we may be looking at 4 qb's being drafted in the top 15.

I forget who it was, but a guy on Dan Patrick had the top 4 qb's going in this order:

1. Darnold
2. Rosen
3. Josh Allen
4. Mayfield

Darnold has more upside long term but a lot think Rosen is the most polished of the QB's and ready to play week 1.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm hearing, several of the mock draft guys have him #1 and pretty much all of them are saying we may be looking at 4 qb's being drafted in the top 15.

I forget who it was, but a guy on Dan Patrick had the top 4 qb's going in this order:

1. Darnold
2. Rosen
3. Josh Allen
4. Mayfield
Ever time I see Mayfield's name I think of this....lol

th

Don't know about Rosen, long-term.

He's more NFL ready. But, upside is not that great.

He is pretty arrogant too.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can a Philadelphia 76ers fan let me know if the process has worked the way it should have? I'm still trying to figure out if you're still in the process or if the process is over.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold has more upside long term but a lot think Rosen is the most polished of the QB's and ready to play week 1.

Rosen is definitely the more "NFL ready" of the 2. During the USC/UCLA game, USC may have won, but Rosen was making Sunday throws on Saturday. It wasn't like USC's defensive backfield was getting beat, it was Rosen was able to put the ball in places that most college qb's just can't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever time I see Mayfield's name I think of this....lol

th

Don't know about Rosen, long-term.

He's more NFL ready. But, upside is not that great.

He is pretty arrogant too.

That seems to be the biggest concern that NFL GM's have about Rosen. They aren't sure how bad he wants to be there and if he'll put in the work to maximize his talent.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can a Philadelphia 76ers fan let me know if the process has worked the way it should have? I'm still trying to figure out if you're still in the process or if the process is over.
Well, they have 2 guys who have Superstar potential.

A solid 3rd option in Covington.

Could have max cap space this Summer.

Might have multiple 1st rounders in a terrific draft class.

Appears to be working pretty well after 3 Seasons full of what the fuckery.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, "the process" isn't over, but it's probably entering it's 2nd stage. They have their core. So now, it's pick up another 1st round talent or 2 to either develop or trade and look to add a max level FA to the mix.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen is definitely the more "NFL ready" of the 2. During the USC/UCLA game, USC may have won, but Rosen was making Sunday throws on Saturday. It wasn't like USC's defensive backfield was getting beat, it was Rosen was able to put the ball in places that most college qb's just can't.

Exactly.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, "the process" isn't over, but it's probably entering it's 2nd stage. Pick up another 1st round talent or 2 to either develop or trade and look to add a max level FA to the mix.

How long does this process take? Kinda seems like it should be over by now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as years, it probably should be. But not every top pick pans out and their 2 best players have dealt with injuries. Simmons lost his entire rookie season and Embiid has lost about 3+ seasons. A couple of other guys were "misses" in the draft.

If they can stay healthy, they have the foundational pieces in place. Now it's about adding the right pieces around them and letting it develop.

If they keep playing their cards right, they will be very, very good in a couple of years. Maybe even next year if they have a good off-season.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as years, it probably should be. But not every top pick pans out and their 2 best players have dealt with injuries. Simmons lost his entire rookie season and Embiid has lost about 3+ seasons. A couple of other guys were "misses" in the draft.

If they can stay healthy, they have the foundational pieces in place. Now it's about adding the right pieces around them and letting it develop.

If they keep playing their cards right, they will be very, very good in a couple of years. Maybe even next year if they have a good off-season.

That's my issue with the process. You are taking a chance that you are gonna pick the right guy and that guy is gonna stay healthy for as long as it takes to get good again. I personally don't trust it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, everyone is just waiting for the Warriors to die.

Philly's guys should be entering their prime by then.

Other than that, there is no timeline.

Ps. They wiffed on a few picks with Noel, Okafor.

Too early to tell about Fultz.

So, That set them back.

Saric, Simmons and Embiid ...maybe Luwau....we're great picks.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my issue with the process. You are taking a chance that you are gonna pick the right guy and that guy is gonna stay healthy for as long as it takes to get good again. I personally don't trust it.
....draft is never a sure thing.

They took a chance when they took Embiid because they new they could afford to wait.

Talent wise, it's paying off.

But, if he can't play 65-70 games a Season they are gonna have a problem because of his salary.

They go as far as he can take them.

He can't take them very far if he's in a suit on the bench.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my issue with the process. You are taking a chance that you are gonna pick the right guy and that guy is gonna stay healthy for as long as it takes to get good again. I don't trust it.

Unfortunately, with the way the CBA is set up, it's become harder to build through trades and FA than in the past. So, teams are trying to rebuild through the draft, which takes longer.

If you get a group of young players and can be patient, you can end up like GSW, OKC or now the Celtics. The problem of course is, if you don't pick well, you can be stuck at the bottom of the league for a very long time.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....draft is never a sure thing.

They took a chance when they took Embiid because they new they could afford to wait.

Talent wise, it's paying off.

But, if he can't play 65-70 games a Season they are gonna have a problem because of his salary.

They go as far as he can take them.

He can't take them very far if he's in a suit on the bench.

I don't think 18-19 is what they had in mind for the ending stages of the process. I would think that if you're sucking on purpose for 4-5 years, the end game would be a top 2-3 seed in the east, at least.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think 18-19 is what they had in mind for the ending stages of the process. I would think that if you're sucking on purpose for 4-5 years, the end game would be a top 2-3 seed in the east, at least.

This year wasn't their go-to year. Simmons is essentially a rookie. Embiid is still trying to get fully healthy. Fultz was their #1 pick who's also a rookie.

There was a reason they signed Redick and Amir Johnson to overpriced, 1 year deals. They knew this year was still a foundational year. Signing those guys to one year deals, allows them to have max cap space next year in a big free agent class. Add to that Simmons, Fultz, and Embiid will have more seasoning, they locked up Covington on IMO a very friendly deal and they have Saric still on his rookie deal. The Sixers process is all about developing top level talent, which they're able to do. If they can bring in an all-star caliber player in the off-season, I see no reason, if healthy, why the Sixers can't compete for a top 3 seed next year and be really, really dangerous.

This year, playoffs was the immediate goal. It wasn't anything past that. Next year will be when all the expectations come.

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, baby steps.

Name a team that has made that type of jump that quickly outside of the Spurs, after the Duncan draft, and the Heat, Cavs when they signed LeBron?

Their best player had 31 total career games at the start of the Season and their #2 had 0.

I think they should have a better record this year.

But, Embiid misses Damn near every other game and Fultz has played even less.

So, it's not exactly shocking.