• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could PG and Ingram play together? They are very similar players.

Stephen A and Max were debating this.

I don't see why not. The NBA is becoming more positionless all the time. Lots of players with similar skills. Ingram would play the 3 and PG the 2. It's essentially the same position anymore.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be realistic, they have had a pretty easy schedule in that stretch. They had one great win at Boston, but also several bad losses. Last night they struggled to beat a Pistons team that is missing Drummond and Jackson with Bradley in his first game back and still missing more depth with Leuer still in street clothes. They do shoot the 3 well and Olynyk's ability to do so stretches the defense for some good inside looks, but they are a little too reliant on the three and need to be more solid on the other end as well. While the offense may be improved, this team is a first round out as a ceiling for this season.

I disagree that first round out is their ceiling. They can make the 2nd round depending on the match up & health.

Also should be noted that they have not had a full compliment of players all season long. Still missing McGruder who is one of our best defenders & another shooter.

As for struggling to beat Detroit, even though that is true, Miami is still missing quite a few very important pieces. Missing 3 of our top 10 players including our starting SG.

You also bring up they had a easy schedule since their Spurs game which included one good win and several bad losses. Do you realize the ridiculous amount of injuries Miami had to deal with during that time period? If they were close to healthy during that stretch then you would have a point.

Whiteside missed 9 of 13, Dragic missed 3 games, Waiters missed 5 games in a row, Winslow missed 10 games in a row, & James Johnson missed 6 games during this stretch which was more like 8. As he got hurt in games vs the Clippers & Pelicans while playing under 10 minutes in both.

Outside of losing to Atlanta and Brooklyn, what other bad losses did they have? Also, can we really call Atlanta a bad L when they were missing Dragic, Johnson, Whiteside, and Winslow. They had 9 players available that day and 2 of those were Haslem & Walton Jr ( a two way player). Every team in the league should beat Miami when they're missing those 4 players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was such a ridiculous post considering all the injuries the Heat dealt with in December to top players. The fact that this is team is 3 games over .500 after entering December under .500 is pretty damn good

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all that surprising. I still think he should have returned, but with a lot of folks saying he will be the #1 pick, that's hard to walk away from. I hope everything works out for him and that wherever he ends up, they'll be patient and give him a couple of seasons to learn and develop.
Oh, not surprising at all.

He totally should have stayed and would have been one of the few that actually benefited , by draft position and skill level, had he returned.

I was just messing with my @DJ with that post.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all that surprising. I still think he should have returned, but with a lot of folks saying he will be the #1 pick, that's hard to walk away from. I hope everything works out for him and that wherever he ends up, they'll be patient and give him a couple of seasons to learn and develop.

The Browns aren't waiting a few years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He totally should have stayed and would ha e been one of the few that actually benefited , by draft position and skill level, had he returned.

Yeah, he definitely would have benefited, but #1 pick money has gotta be damn hard to walk away from. For whatever reason, NFL GM's don't seem nearly as concerned about the holes in his game as everyone else.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, not when it's a team full of rookies and 2nd year/3rd year players.
Yeah, good point.

This is where Deng could have been useful.

But.....

1. He let his pride get in the way of his professionalism.

2. Would they have listened to a guy who is essentially a 17 mil a year assistant Coach?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he definitely would have benefited, but #1 pick money has gotta be damn hard to walk away from. For whatever reason, NFL GM's don't seem nearly as concerned about the holes in his game as everyone else.
You think he will go top 3?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns aren't waiting a few years.

That's what concerns me for him. If the Browns take him and expect him to be their savior his rookie season, he may very well end up being the next qb they've ruined.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, good point.

This is where Deng could have been useful.

But.....

1. He let his pride get in the way of his professionalism.

2. Would they have listened to a guy who is essentially a 17 mil a year assistant Coach?

Yeah, unfortunately he seems to think he has more left than he does. That's one of the problems with going this young and working to have cap space. It's kids and a few vets who won't be there after this season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was such a ridiculous post considering all the injuries the Heat dealt with in December to top players. The fact that this is team is 3 games over .500 after entering December under .500 is pretty damn good
I'd kill for that result.

I think the next 2 weeks will determine which way the Clippers lean.

Blow it up or go for another 1st round knockout.

With the strength of this draft class, starting to lean towards the former.

Starting to drink the Trae Koolaid.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he will go top 3?

From what I'm hearing, several of the mock draft guys have him #1 and pretty much all of them are saying we may be looking at 4 qb's being drafted in the top 15.

I forget who it was, but a guy on Dan Patrick had the top 4 qb's going in this order:

1. Darnold
2. Rosen
3. Josh Allen
4. Mayfield