• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's coming across like you're saying Kuzma is on the same track as Kobe... like he has that kind of potential. From an offensive standpoint, anyway.
I'm saying he's a good scorer for being a rookie. And that he could surprise us just like Kobe did if he was a starter. I didn't make any predictions as far as what he might average though because a lot of factors would come into play.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Bought my first house in the Ville.

I lived off the 15 and Bear Valley Rd.

Took me 1 hour tops.

I'm sure you can do the math on how fast I was going.

Only thing I hated about moving to Arizona was having to give up my confidential plates.

They have newer houses up there in the low 300's.....I was thinking about buying there in a few years but I don't know what their resell value would be.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying he's a good scorer for being a rookie. And that he could surprise us just like Kobe did if he was a starter. I didn't make any predictions as far as what he might average though because a lot of factors would come into play.
Mixed in with the "no weakness on the offensive end" stuff... seems like you're really building the guy up... and then Kobe gets brought up in the same breath...

It's... a muddled message. :D

I'll stand by a ceiling of rich man's role player. Fair enough, regarding your explanation.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have newer houses up there in the low 300's.....I was thinking about buying there in a few years but I don't know what their resell value would be.
Depends on square footage - but if you can get a newer home in the low 3's in Cali that's usually pretty good. We bought brand new (brand new community) and we paid 350 for 1600+ sq ft. We bought during the first phase and already have equity before we've even moved in (get our keys tomorrow).
Thing is though, it's hard to predict what the resell value will be in the future - especially with this new tax bill on the verge of passing. It could change things like an individual's tax debt & what is a write off (interest on your mortgage, property taxes, etc.) & will also effect the housing market later down the line. Invest wisely if you have the ability to do it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixed in with the "no weakness on the offensive end" stuff... seems like you're really building the guy up... and then Kobe gets brought up in the same breath...

It's... a muddled message. :D

I'll stand by a ceiling of rich man's role player. Fair enough, regarding your explanation.
Yea I say that because he's shown a pretty good arsenal so far this season - so I think he can only get better if he decides to do things like work on his foot work & get better post up moves. But those things are not weaknesses IMO. When we look at the other side of the spectrum (and on the same team) Lonzo has A LOT of work to do - yet he's a starter and Kuzma isn't.

Look at Tatum in Boston - who IMO also looks like his offensive game has no weaknesses. I also think he's gonna be mean as he gets more experienced. I think he & Kuzma look the best when we're talking about pure scoring (which includes F/Ts).

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on square footage - but if you can get a newer home in the low 3's in Cali that's usually pretty good. We bought brand new (brand new community) and we paid 350 for 1600+ sq ft. We bought during the first phase and already have equity before we've even moved in (get our keys tomorrow).
Thing is though, it's hard to predict what the resell value will be in the future - especially with this new tax bill on the verge of passing. It could change things like an individual's tax debt & what is a write off (interest on your mortgage, property taxes, etc.) & will also effect the housing market later down the line. Invest wisely if you have the ability to do it.

I'm a few years away but yeah the ability to resell it is huge. Most likely I'll die in the house but it's something to consider.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a few years away but yeah the ability to resell it is huge. Most likely I'll die in the house but it's something to consider.
I would advise plan well - so when the time comes you're not caught off guard. We've been ready to move since the summer. But, decided we would buy brand new because of the possibility of the investment paying off sooner rather than later. And so far so good.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I be so mad that my daughter can sleep until like 10am. :gaah:

My son can do that too. Sometimes when it's time to mow the lawn, just to be an asshole, I will start my lawnmower right outside his bedroom window.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son can do that too. Sometimes when it's time to mow the lawn, just to be an asshole, I will start my lawnmower right outside his bedroom window.
:lol:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys keep saying that Kobe "surprised".

Who did he surprise exactly?

He was drafted in an era where many NBA teams were afraid of drafting high school kids. They wanted established players that could help right away. Basically the opposite of today. Many people thought Kobe would be a superstar when he was drafted, including Jerry West. West was on record saying that Kobe's pre-draft workout was the best he had ever seen.

But, drafting a high school kid early was a risk many teams weren't willing to take at that time.

Kuzma is similar in that today 4 year players get penalized in the draft for being too old. He was undervalued because of his experience, like Kobe was undervalued for his lack thereof. That said, there a lot of good scorers in the league. because Kuzma was undervalued does not mean he should be compared to Kobe in any way other than that.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys keep saying that Kobe "surprised".

Who did he surprise exactly?

He was drafted in an era where many NBA teams were afraid of drafting high school kids. They wanted established players that could help right away. Basically the opposite of today. Many people thought Kobe would be a superstar when he was drafted, including Jerry West. West was on record saying that Kobe's pre-draft workout was the best he had ever seen.

But, drafting a high school kid early was a risk many teams weren't willing to take at that time.

Kuzma is similar in that today 4 year players get penalized in the draft for being too old. He was undervalued because of his experience, like Kobe was undervalued for his lack thereof. That said, there a lot of good scorers in the league. because Kuzma was undervalued does not mean he should be compared to Kobe in any way other than that.
I agree, which is why I only compared them by their NBA debuts (coming off the bench).

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings trusted the process too much tonight.

Buddy 6th man with 24 points, Frank with 16, and Z-Bo with 27.

Trade Z-Bo!

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this kid Trae Young considered a top prospect? Or a product of OU's up tempo game?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this kid Trae Young considered a top prospect? Or a product of OU's up tempo game?

If he keeps playing this way, he will find himself in the top 10 come June. Most recent mocks got him going 12 and 19