• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Milos.

No Austin.

This is a EPIC shit show even by Clippers injury standards.

Please trade Lou Williams before he gets broken.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EvenImpressiveFly-small.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call

It wasn't that good of a call. It had to be tough knowing LeBron was the main reason the Heat won those 2 titles only to turn around & have the nerve to leave. If Wade would have been healthy maybe they win 3 or even 4. I'm thirsty.

#patrileystillsucks (wiggystillwhack) burp

giphy.gif

Last edited:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you're talking the Lakers, I think that depends on how they handle the LeBron James hire. Do they keep their core that will become veterans as a result. If they Keep Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram - then yes they can because those three could be good enough by then to carry the team and make them attractable in the same ways the Spurs moved forward. That's not an easy task by any means, but is possible

PLUS THE POINT IS THAT IT WON'T BE JUST LEBRON, IT WILL BE ANOTHER STAR LIKE PG TOO.

I used call caps because no matter how many times I or @trojanfan12 point this out the reply is always 'but what happens when LeBron leaves' they will be just like the Cavs when he left. No they freaking won't! Plus when he leaves you probably have another title or two. Jeebus what is wrong with you mopes?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLUS THE POINT IS THAT IT WON'T BE JUST LEBRON, IT WILL BE ANOTHER STAR LIKE PG TOO.

I used call caps because no matter how many times I or @trojanfan12 point this out the reply is always 'but what happens when LeBron leaves' they will be just like the Cavs when he left. No they freaking won't! Plus when he leaves you probably have another title or two. Jeebus what is wrong with you mopes?

And this logic is coming from a Warriors fan.....consider the importance of that, folks.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fantasy land?

Because that won't happen unless you are attaching Ingram to the deal.

That still might not even be enough.

Ps. You should probably take a gander at the teams that will have cap space this Summer.

We unloaded Luke's contract on the Cavs.....and before you say it wasn't as much. His contract back then (for those times) was pretty damn bad.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Durant or Curry retiring after the Season?

Getting traded?

Otherwise, I don't see more than one ring, and in all honesty, I don't think he'd even win one.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We unloaded Luke's contract on the Cavs.....and before you say it wasn't as much. His contract back then (for those times) was pretty damn bad.
DJ, nobody is taking that contract without you adding Lonzo or Ingram.

No matter how many times you say it, I'm not buying it.

Deng is completely cooked.

Come Summertime, one of us will be using your favorite saying...

#TimeVindicates

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a call from a private number. I answered and said: "Okay, I hid the body and threw the gun into the pool. I'll call you when I get to Brazil." Then hung up.

Only 1 person found this funny......seriously?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this logic is coming from a Warriors fan.....consider the importance of that, folks.

Logic doesn't depend on what team you root for. 2+2 = 4 even for Ws fans.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Durant or Curry retiring after the Season?

Getting traded?

Otherwise, I don't see more than one ring, and in all honesty, I don't think he'd even win one.

After NEXT year Klay probably leaves the Ws. The year after Dray probably does. The Warriors window is last year (guaranteed ring, which they got), this year (probable ring, not nearly as sure), and next year (likely favorites but will be the hardest of all). Next year Ws are beatable. Then LeBron and co can keep trying.

No team has won 3 in a row since MJ's Bulls. It's VERY hard to do.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both, honestly.

Part of it too is that he is legitmately defending a lot better than he did in Cleveland. That won't show up on the stat sheet, but it has elevated his game on that end.

Also though, the fact that Kyrie is getting more early season love for MVP than LeBron is absolutely preposterous. LeBron is carrying Cleveland and arguably having his best individual season ever. Kyrie is the most important piece in a great system.

Carrying the Cavs? Listen, James is having a great season.....maybe his best. But, Love has been playing well also......I wouldn't say he is carrying the Cavs. James carried the Cavs to the Finals when they played the Spurs.....he isn't carrying the Cavs right now. They have others who are pitching in.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO they're not contenders right now. Adding LBJ instantly changes that. If he only stays a year or two, you think they remain contenders?

Yes.....because Ingram, Ball, and the others would be 2 years improved from maturation and having been mentored by The King.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After NEXT year Klay probably leaves the Ws. The year after Dray probably does. The Warriors window is last year (guaranteed ring, which they got), this year (probable ring, not nearly as sure), and next year (likely favorites but will be the hardest of all). Next year Ws are beatable. Then LeBron and co can keep trying.

No team has won 3 in a row since MJ's Bulls. It's VERY hard to do.
Hmmmm...

Fair enough.

If he can play at this level for the next 3 years, yeah...

You are correct.