• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to renounce Randle if he's still there, Lopez and KCP just to have the first max slot.

Deng needs to go for the second.

Are you sure Clarkson has to go?

I mean salary wise..obviously, he needs to go for chemistry reasons.

I know some of you are down on Boogie.

I would go Boogie/ LeBron.

Paul George is good.

But, Ingram is not that far away...

My understanding is that, unless he is willing to take a good bit less than he is likely to be offered by other teams, Clarkson would have to go. But I'm no cap expert, so I could be wrong. I haven't heard of any chemistry issues with him. He seems to have created a nice spot for himself as a 6th man of the year candidate.

I love Boogies talent, I hate his temperament. If Lebron were able and willing to keep Boogie in check, I'd be all in on Boogie instead of PG-13. I just don't know if Lebron would want to have to babysit Boogie while also helping teach the kids how to win.

If the Lakers did go PG-13 with Lebron, I don't think it would effect Ingram much. I think Ingram would stay at the 3 while PG played the 2 and Lebron the 4. That would create true, positionless basketball.

Wouldn't mind seeing a lineup of:

PG- Ball
SG- PG
SF - Ingram
PF- Lebron
C- Lopez (assuming he stays for less) or Zubac

Bench of:

Clarkson (assuming the Lakers can keep him)
Kuzma
Nance

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram could develop into a 20-22ppg guy next season. He's making nice progress after sucking ass his rookie year.
Kid just needs a couple of extra trips a day to Old Country Buffet.

The skill is there.

He just needs to get stronger.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not convinced that Lebron comes to the Lakers. A lot will be determined by how much improvement the Lakers show over the course of the rest of the season.

The article wasn't very well written and doesn't put out much of a compelling case for Lebron to go to Houston and especially for how they can fit him under the cap. It seems to be entirely based around CP3 taking less money. But, if I understand the Rockets cap situation, he'd damn near have to play for free.

If memory serves, the reason the Warriors were able to sign KD (which the article doesn't mention) is that along with KD taking less than the max, they had some key players who were still on cap friendly deals. I don't think the Rockets have that.

So, as you point out, they'd be looking at a serious lack of depth. That, imo, would still leave the Warriors as the favorites because they have depth that Houston couldn't match and that would be very important in a 7 game series.

As for Houston being more attractive right now. Of course they are. But if the youngsters continue to develop, the addition of Lebron, especially if George comes with him, throws the Lakers right into the mix of contenders.

I agree with all of this.

That is why I think the best possible choice for LeBron is Philly.

LeBron, Simmons, Embiid, RoCo and Saric would be scary. Add a couple vets to come off the bench and you have a group that could be a year away from challenging GS.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that, unless he is willing to take a good bit less than he is likely to be offered by other teams, Clarkson would have to go. But I'm no cap expert, so I could be wrong. I haven't heard of any chemistry issues with him. He seems to have created a nice spot for himself as a 6th man of the year candidate.

I love Boogies talent, I hate his temperament. If Lebron were able and willing to keep Boogie in check, I'd be all in on Boogie instead of PG-13. I just don't know if Lebron would want to have to babysit Boogie while also helping teach the kids how to win.

If the Lakers did go PG-13 with Lebron, I don't think it would effect Ingram much. I think Ingram would stay at the 3 while PG played the 2 and Lebron the 4. That would create true, positionless basketball.

Wouldn't mind seeing a lineup of:

PG- Ball
SG- PG
SF - Ingram
PF- Lebron
C- Lopez (assuming he stays for less) or Zubac

Bench of:

Clarkson (assuming the Lakers can keep him)
Kuzma
Nance
Yeah....

That would work.

I think Lopez is gonna go full mercenary.

This is his last decent contract.

I read a horrific story yesterday that said LeBron would bring Noel with him to the Lakers.

For what price?

Mid level exception?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron should think about signing w/ Boston next year. They got some good talent & I see no reason why he & Kyrie wouldn't get along.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron, Simmons, Embiid, RoCo and Saric would be scary. Add a couple vets to come off the bench and you have a group that could be a year away from challenging GS.

Don't be pissing in my Lebron to the Lakers punch bowl ya bastard. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron should think about signing w/ Boston next year. They got some good talent & I see no reason why he & Kyrie wouldn't get along.

Kyrie will jump off the edge of the earth.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...goodness.

If Embiid can stay healthy, this is the most talented team he could join that wouldn't need to dismantle their roster to sign him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

226900.gif

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Monroe could be a option.

Shit, we can ship you a gently used Deandre Jordan.

Would LOOOOOOOVE to have DeAndre. He would be a monster on defense with guys like Lebron, PG and Ingram on the perimeter.

I could also see Ball, Lebron and PG taking turns throwing him lob dunks. Like a much bigger version of the Showtime Lakers Coop-A-Loop. lol

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to be overly critical of Mr. Flat Earth's game but he could be shooting better from the field, averaging more rebounds/assists & at least hit 40 % of his 3's. I think he's kinda letting his teammates down so far this season.

Am I right @mick7-1961?

CELTICS IN SEVEN!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary cap is 101.

66+35=101.
Deng doesn't just come off the cap.

You have to add his 7 mil stretch amount per.

Looks like Clarkson does indeed have to go.

That's too bad.

Here is how you get two max slots.

This is the craziest thing I have ever heard.

But, savvy as fuck...lol

Based on the NBA's 2018 salary-cap projection of $101 million, James will get up to $35.4 million, while Cousins and George can top out at $30.3 million.

The math doesn't actually work for the Lakers, who are looking at roughly $47.5 million in space once they renounce the rights to Julius Randle, Brook Lopez, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Corey Brewer and Andrew Bogut while waiving Ivica Zubac, Thomas Bryant and Tyler Ennis.

According to Bleacher Report, one option for the Lakers – without having to part with rookies Lonzo Ball or Kyle Kuzma, or 20-year old Brandon Ingram – is to stretch Luol Deng’s terrible contract and then extend him:

With the $36.8 million owed to Deng over the next two, the Lakers can stretch him out to $7.4 million over five years, which would open $9.8 million in additional cap space in July.

That isn’t quite enough to get to two max slots, putting the Lakers at about $57.3 million in space.

That’s where a Deng extension can help, with the caveat that any additional salary doesn’t have to be guaranteed. By adding three years to his deal with no extra money guaranteed, the Lakers would have the ability to stretch Deng’s salary over 11 total years, at $3.3 million a season.