• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many players have had consecutive 40 point/20 rebound games. I'm guessing Boogie joins that list tonight.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi Leonard making his season debut against Phoenix on Saturday night, apparently. That's the plan as of yesterday.

Boston dodged a bullet. :thumb:
Kawhi has been off the court for a long time. It will be several games before he gets in basketball shape IMO.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if one is making judgments based on HISTORY then that's not assuming. Those things have actually happened. And it's pretty normal to use those facts as a scale of judgment. On the flip side your stance could be viewed as being too quick to believe fools gold.

No what I mean is because Houston recently has been a bad defensive team people think they still are. They aren't.

Cracks me up how everyone is saying wait until May before deciding if Houston is better. Well yeah let's wait until the Finals and then predict stuff LOL. I'm making a prediction now, based on what I see. Maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong. Let's hear yours.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's making the better basketball play & IMO a winning mentality. Hopefully he keeps it up.
Of course when LeBron does it he gets ripped for not being all alpha and Kobe-like

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No what I mean is because Houston recently has been a bad defensive team people think they still are. They aren't.

Cracks me up how everyone is saying wait until May before deciding if Houston is better. Well yeah let's wait until the Finals and then predict stuff LOL. I'm making a prediction now, based on what I see. Maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong. Let's hear yours.
My prediction is it's hard to say where they'll be - obviously because they haven't played defense like this since D'antoni took over. It's also the reason why myself & possibly others haven't made any predictions. What's the hurry in terms of labeling them? We haven't even hit the AS break yet. :noidea:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course when LeBron does it he gets ripped for not being all alpha and Kobe-like
Well now one player is brand new to the NBA while the other is in his 15th season. Also, LBJ is supposed to be the best player on the planet, yes? Lonzo isn't even the best player on his team. So while LBJ is constantly compared to All Time Greats, Lonzo is basically still a boy playing amongst grown men trying to learn the game @ the professional level. Yea, this is a great comparison.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is it's hard to say where they'll be - obviously because they haven't played defense like this since D'antoni took over. It's also the reason why myself & possibly others haven't made any predictions. What's the hurry in terms of labeling them? We haven't even hit the AS break yet. :noidea:
Because it's fun?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now one player is brand new to the NBA while the other is in his 15th season. Also, LBJ is supposed to be the best player on the planet, yes? Lonzo isn't even the best player on his team. So while LBJ is constantly compared to All Time Greats, Lonzo is basically still a boy playing amongst grown men trying to learn the game @ the professional level. Yea, this is a great comparison.
Is it the right play or not?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so now Kawhi will be back on Tuesday against Dallas.

he keeps pushing his debut back further against worse teams. LUL.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so now Kawhi will be back on Tuesday against Dallas.

he keeps pushing his debut back further against worse teams. LUL.
In that case, he's waiting for the Clippers.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it the right play or not?
It's the right play for Lonzo without a doubt. Obviously he's not dominant like LBJ so there wasn't any other options that were better.
However, in the case with LBJ he would've had more options. For example, he likes to make his way to rim like a runaway freight train throughout the game, except in crunch time, regardless of the fact that is a very high % shot for him. Instead he almost every time in those moments decides to pass out to the perimeter. How does that make sense? And how is that the better basketball play? What other great do you know would choose a lesser % shot in that moment?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going back over any comments but how the hell did LeBron & Lonzo end up in the same sentence? Papa Ball's boy played 1 year in college & is having an awful season so far. LeBron was straight from HS & was pretty much a phenom from day one. I'm thirsty.

:trash:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because Lebron is paid to take and make those kinds of shots. Lonzo isn't. Lonzo, at least right now, is paid to get the ball to the guy who takes and makes those shots.

Also, it doesn't mean that Lebron should always take that shot and never pass it. Kobe and MJ also passed once in a while in those situations. They just did a better job of knowing when it should be them shooting and when they should pass.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, if they maintain this to the all star break. I'll start to buy in to their improved defense. Until then, I think they will eventually revert back to their mean.

Maybe not as bad as before because CP3 won't allow them to ignore defense altogether, but I think there will be a fairly significant drop.

Reactions: LAD