• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
---The 49ers’ first-team offensive line consisted of:

Left tackle-Joe Staley
Left guard-Zane Beadles
Center-Daniel Kilgore
Right guard-Brandon Thomas
Right tackle-Erik Pears

Rookie Joshua Garnett, whom the 49ers traded back into the first round to select at No. 28 overall is not eligible to attend the team’s offseason program until the Stanford quarter concludes.

Trent Brown, who is expected to compete for the starting job at right tackle, ran with the No. 2 line, along with right guard Andrew Tiller, center Marcus Martin, left guard Ian Silberman and left tackle Colin Kelly.

--The 49ers’ first-team defensive line consisted of:

Left defensive tackle-Arik Armstead
Nose tackle-Mike Purcell
Right defensive tackle-Quinton Dial

The second unit was left tackle Kaleb Ramsey, nose tackle Garrison Smith and right tackle Tony Jerod-Eddie.

First-round draft pick DeForest Buckner lined up at right defensive tackle with a reserve unit. Ian Williams has not reported for the offseason program and he continues to go through rehabilitation in Florida.

Its going to be interesting once Garnett is able to join the team. My iinitial thought is to place him at his best position off the bat. If that means being with the 2's behind Beadles, so be it. This is only to get his feet wet while practicing every day. Maybe after TC they'll make a decision on likely 'starter', and then try out one or both at RG. Start the best LG we have at LG, no matter draft slot or cap hit. Also don't think we should force one of these guys at RG. IF they're the best RG we have then fine, but don't need to force one.

Similar with Buckner, start him off at his best spot and see how he does? No need to force him up the depth chart in TC. So ok to see Armstead and Dial with the 1's. You get the feeling Ian Williams will be placed on the IR, but able to return? So would be nice if another NT besides Purcell, show some 'flashes'.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
---The 49ers’ first-team offensive line consisted of:

Left tackle-Joe Staley
Left guard-Zane Beadles
Center-Daniel Kilgore
Right guard-Brandon Thomas
Right tackle-Erik Pears

Rookie Joshua Garnett, whom the 49ers traded back into the first round to select at No. 28 overall is not eligible to attend the team’s offseason program until the Stanford quarter concludes.

Trent Brown, who is expected to compete for the starting job at right tackle, ran with the No. 2 line, along with right guard Andrew Tiller, center Marcus Martin, left guard Ian Silberman and left tackle Colin Kelly.

--The 49ers’ first-team defensive line consisted of:

Left defensive tackle-Arik Armstead
Nose tackle-Mike Purcell
Right defensive tackle-Quinton Dial

The second unit was left tackle Kaleb Ramsey, nose tackle Garrison Smith and right tackle Tony Jerod-Eddie.

First-round draft pick DeForest Buckner lined up at right defensive tackle with a reserve unit. Ian Williams has not reported for the offseason program and he continues to go through rehabilitation in Florida.

Its going to be interesting once Garnett is able to join the team. My iinitial thought is to place him at his best position off the bat. If that means being with the 2's behind Beadles, so be it. This is only to get his feet wet while practicing every day. Maybe after TC they'll make a decision on likely 'starter', and then try out one or both at RG. Start the best LG we have at LG, no matter draft slot or cap hit. Also don't think we should force one of these guys at RG. IF they're the best RG we have then fine, but don't need to force one.

Similar with Buckner, start him off at his best spot and see how he does? No need to force him up the depth chart in TC. So ok to see Armstead and Dial with the 1's. You get the feeling Ian Williams will be placed on the IR, but able to return? So would be nice if another NT besides Purcell, show some 'flashes'.

Nice to see Brandon Thomas getting some work in. He was invisible last year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“No, it’s been great. We’re in the meetings together, in the locker room together and we’re out there working out and getting better together.”

Kaepernick, through a team spokesman, declined comment until he’s medically cleared, perhaps before the 49ers break after next month’s mandatory minicamp.

Coach Chip Kelly said before Tuesday’s practice that Kaepernick has “a great grasp” of the offense and hasn’t fallen behind in the quarterback competition.

“I was really impressed with both him and Blaine in their intelligence and being able to pick up what we are trying to do,” Kelly said. “There is no ‘fall behind’ (for Kaepernick), because there is no ‘behind.’

“There’s not a race,” Kelly added. “The first day we actually get to go against the defense is today. We’re not naming the starting lineup for the Rams game today.”

Kelly said the starter must emerge “organically” and that the job will be won “on the field,” which is where Gabbert is able to do everything right now while Kaepernick remains limited.

So far, so good. No elephant in the room.

Like the fact Gabbert is taking the reigns and thinking like a starter. That is the attitude he must take to succeed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://www.************.com/commentary/1564-round-table-which-player-surprise-fans-season/

No one for Blaine Gabbert? Ok, then i'll take him as my surprise player. Not that he'll bust out all over and have NFL leading stats, but surprisingly better than fans expect. Being able to throw shorter and quicker, will work better for him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Notes: RT Trent Brown (6-8, 355), who ran with the second team, often appeared winded during the fast-paced practice. Brown dealt with weight and conditioning issues in college … Patton began with the first team, but several other wide receivers rotating in with the starters. … QB Colin Kaepernick has not been cleared to practice, but he was on the field and mimicking throws and handoffs during team drills.

i guess not surprising given his massive size? This obviously won't work for Brown long term, don't think he has trade value either.

Another good reason to draft two OT's, increases the odds that one pans out. Maybe also a reason they won't cut Pears so soon. We may need Pears till one of these rookies can hold up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some very interesting things on Day 1.

- Damn it Pears lining up with the #1's. I just dont get it.
- Brandon Thomas has jumped Martin at Guard.
- LB Hodges over Wilhoite( Thank god).
- Harold over brooks at OLB(another good move)
- Bethea holding over spot over Tartt
- Ward #2 CB
- WR Rogers already making Noise.

I know its only Day 1. its just interesting to see the 1st lay out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some very interesting things on Day 1.

- Damn it Pears lining up with the #1's. I just dont get it.
- Brandon Thomas has jumped Martin at Guard.
- LB Hodges over Wilhoite( Thank god).
- Harold over brooks at OLB(another good move)
- Bethea holding over spot over Tartt
- Ward #2 CB
- WR Rogers already making Noise.

I know its only Day 1. its just interesting to see the 1st lay out.

Day One of OTAs. I wouldn't be too concerned about who is lining up at #1 yet. I don't think it is indicative of the depth chart yet.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/news/94360-barrows-trent-brown-did-not-appear-good-shape/

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Could any of the 49ers' sixth-round draft picks surprise and exceed expectations?

We all get that 6th round picks face long odds, and there are good reasons they slid to round 6. But this writer is correct in that you'd think these picks would have at least ONE good strength? Just having opportunity on THIS 49er team doesn't seem like a good reason to draft these guys?

Wouldn't you start looking at ST players in Round 6? A PR or gunner?

Wouldn't you start looking for the high ceiling (physically gifted) guys/not much college production, in Round 6?

Wouldn't you consider the 'IR' players in Round 6?

Granted this is only one writer, so maybe these guys do have at least ONE good trait?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch this team shock everyone. i really think chip adds 2 wins by himself over tomsula. i know other fans wanted to bash the kelly hiring but they dont really know how bad tomsula was.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch this team shock everyone. i really think chip adds 2 wins by himself over tomsula. i know other fans wanted to bash the kelly hiring but they dont really know how bad tomsula was.
I didn't want Kelly at the time. Some concerns about him. Was hoping they hired a couple of the others. Now that he is coach, getting behind him. Offense should be much better than Chryst. Concern is on the defensive side and how O'Neil does.