• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only decision I didn't understand was taking Papagiannis 13th, the rest of it makes sense to me. They got more assets and talent by trading the 8th pick and I like 2 of the 3 players they got for it. Moving Marco for Richardson also made sense.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. It seemed like he helped them immensely when they handed GS their first loss of the season last year.

Pfft. Beating the Warriors was no great shakes. Heck...even the Lakers did that. :heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only decision I didn't understand was taking Papagiannis 13th, the rest of it makes sense to me. They got more assets and talent by trading the 8th pick and I like 2 of the 3 players they got for it. Moving Marco for Richardson also made sense.
i didnt think it was a bad deal either---- but i just dont understand the need for all those centers unless a trade is coming....maybe koufous gets dealt or osmeting?

im just saying- Chriss as a stretch 4 would have been something interesting next to Cousins....prob a defensive nightmoare though

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt surprise me....its what most of the people did who lacked the talent for real sports ;)

Coming from a career water boy guess you'd have some good insight on that matter...

Guess i SHOULD'VE mentioned i also did football, basketball, AND karate as well to keep the dumbasses quiet. ah well...:finger::finger::finger:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt think it was a bad deal either---- but i just dont understand the need for all those centers unless a trade is coming....maybe koufous gets dealt or osmeting?

im just saying- Chriss as a stretch 4 would have been something interesting next to Cousins....prob a defensive nightmoare though
I'm a big fan of the Skal pick, he's got a lot of potential once he builds up his strength. The 13th pick was a head scratcher even if KK is traded(him, Rudy, and Ben are all on the block). Chris and Cousins could have been a great duo, but I like WCS with Cousins so I'm okay with trying to get as much talent as possible. I think it also puts them in a better position if they feel like trading Cousins next off season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In most people's minds except for die-hard homers like you.

Actually, most think the Lakers are fairly close. However, most will also say that how close depends a lot on this coming season. If the young guys continue to develop and Luke is the coach that most think he is, they could be back to relevance within a couple of seasons.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, most think the Lakers are fairly close. However, most will also say that how close depends a lot on this coming season. If the young guys continue to develop and Luke is the coach that most think he is, they could be back to relevance within a couple of seasons.

I'll agree that it will take another 2 or 3 seasons but it won't be this season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree that it will take another 2 or 3 seasons but it won't be this season.

Oh, no doubt it won't be this season. This season is going to be about the continued development of the young guys and seeing if Luke is the coach that most think he is. If the Lakers can get to the 28-35 win range, I think it'll show that they are definitely headed in the right direction. That could/should increase the interest from the kinds of FA's that can help them get back into contention quickly.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no doubt it won't be this season. This season is going to be about the continued development of the young guys and seeing if Luke is the coach that most think he is. If the Lakers can get to the 28-35 win range, I think it'll show that they are definitely headed in the right direction. That could/should increase the interest from the kinds of FA's that can help them get back into contention quickly.
I agree.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well, you WERE the guy that said "wonder how long it'll be before they were relevant again" like it was gonna take forever...

which is WHY I responded "probably sooner than you'd like". haters are gonna hate, after all...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hugely depends on next summer and who you can bring in.

you should have how much cap space next summer?? do you know??

Mozgov, Deng, Black, Clarkson will be paid about 52 million next year....i obviously dont love that- but you gotta do what you gotta do....

the key for the Lakers will be to get their roster set and get a free agent or two in BEFORE all the young guys get their contracts redone and make it very difficult to manage cap wise....once Russell, Randle, etc. get their raises its gonna be hard to manage around---- that is those guys are still there and deemed worthy of large contracts.

its interesting....i think the Lakers are improving shape- but it concerns me that Deng, Mozgov, Black, Clarkson will be taking up $52M in cap room next offseason where i think the Lakers rebuild could have started attracting a higher tier level free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.