• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black's contract is non-guaranteed for next season. If they cut Black and Anthony Brown next summer and stretch Young's contract, they will have $30mil+ cap space which will be enough to sign a 10+ year max player.

Next year's draft pick is once again top-3 protected. They could have gone the tank route again, but at some point you have to do something with the cap space and start moving forward.
thanks...nice post....that black deal is a little better knowing its unguaranteed next year...that helps....so space for 1 high level max....now you just have to hope you have enough talent to attract one.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, you WERE the guy that said "wonder how long it'll be before they were relevant again" like it was gonna take forever...

which is WHY I responded "probably sooner than you'd like". haters are gonna hate, after all...
I actually could care less. I was just making an observation as a sports fan.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks...nice post....that black deal is a little better knowing its unguaranteed next year...that helps....so space for 1 high level max....now you just have to hope you have enough talent to attract one.

They might already have their star but will obviously need time to develop. The question is do they want to be patient and let it grow?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw say goodbye to this dumb Av after this week, Wiggity wack...

Enjoy it while ya can...

Well done on keeping your word and the av all this time. If Wiggy had lost he would have come up with some chicken shit excuse and not shown his face for weeks.

Reactions: LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you ain't saying the Brits might've created the language...

Are ya...?

Nope. Pretty sure nobody in the world spoke English till the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776. Before that people only communicated through a series of grunts and clicks.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be an awful idea

So you're fine with one player holding your team hostage like Tristan Thompson did last year? You weren't even a Cavs fan from 2010-2014 so I probably shouldn't have even asked...

I just don't see Smith being as crucial to the Cavs' success as Thompson is/was. I think Cole (who went to college in Cleveland and had previously played with LeBron James) plus summer league star Jordan McRae would be more than enough compensation for a potential loss of Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.