• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Westbrook put up 50 shots per game. Kanter and Adams will feed off offensive rebounds.
While this might be true the sad part is offensive rebounding alone won't win many games. At some point someone else is going to have to get some of those 50 shots RW will be putting up unless he can score upwards of 80 points every game.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're fine with one player holding your team hostage like Tristan Thompson did last year? You weren't even a Cavs fan from 2010-2014 so I probably shouldn't have even asked...

I just don't see Smith being as crucial to the Cavs' success as Thompson is/was. I think Cole (who went to college in Cleveland and had previously played with LeBron James) plus summer league star Jordan McRae would be more than enough compensation for a potential loss of Smith.

Smith is critical to the Cavs success. Replacing Smith who shot 40% from 3 last year with Cole, who's a career 32% 3 point shooter, would impact the Cavs tremendously. You would basically hedge whoever defended Cole towards the lane and dare him to shoot from the outside.

When you have to ball dominate players in Kyrie and Lebron, both of whom are fantastic drivers and dishers, you need guys to space the floor. Cole is probably one of the worst outside shooting guards in the NBA. His career 3 point percentage of 32% is just only slightly above Ricky Rubio's 31%.

So now, you have Cole who can't space the floor with that lineup. Now you're forced to pull Love out of the paint, to space the court. Now you've just taken away one of Love's greatest strengths in his game that was under-utilized by Blatt. It's no coincidence Love started playing better under Lue because he utilized him as a post player too.

So what you did was you killed your outside shooting, you pulled one of your best post players away from the paint to make him once again a 3 point shooter and you've clogged the lane with an additional defender who will continually hedge off of Cole.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed the point. I'm questioning why he would sign an extension when he can make more money signing next summer, regardless of where he chooses to play.
Yea, I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought those people studied law. :dhd:
OMG- I was thinking the same thing and was trying to determine the most articulate way to say it. :clap:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will guarantee you i was better at baseball than you were at any sport you played by a SIGNIFICANT margin.
Baseball huh? What position did you play?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find me ONE Lakers fan who said that they'll be competing this year. Or even next for that matter!
<hears nothing but the sounds of crickets>

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball huh? What position did you play?
pitcher...lefty....had 2 shoulder surgeries before i graduated high school though...pitched way too much for way too long coming up--- when you were a young kid in little league and u had a gun for an arm- and being a lefty- i always pitched...waaaaaaay to many pitches....summer after my junior year i threw out my arm pitching in a wooden bat tournament in indiana

my coach felt bad for me since i only pitched once in the tourney and he DH'd me in the last game even though i was a shitty hitter--- in the wooden bat tourney i went 3/3 and had 2 doubles off the wall- and that was the last competitive baseball i played.

Summer after my sophomore year i hit 82 at a tourney in columbus against a team from toronto called GTA sting. Also in that tournament were West Cobb Georgia- a pretty famous AAU team.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hate the Mosgov deal.

Not because of the dollars, but because of the years.

I'm good with Deng because although he showed flashes, Ingram isn't ready.

So, they need a steady vet in that locker room and on the court when things go down to the wire.

I expect them to perform like last year's Timberpups.

Upsetting a few Teams, challenging most every game. But, a lottery Team again.

It will be progress.
Ingram needs to get some weight on those bones. That is the lankiest kid I've seen out there so far. If he isn't listening to those trying to tell him that he will get a lesson about it once the season starts and he gets pushed around like a rag doll.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- you guys are paying Mozgov, Black and Deng more than Kyrie and Love combined this year.....lol.
That's only because the Cavs can't pay their guys anymore & still fill out their roster. SMH

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pitcher...lefty....had 2 shoulder surgeries before i graduated high school though...pitched way too much for way too long coming up--- when you were a young kid in little league and u had a gun for an arm- and being a lefty- i always pitched...waaaaaaay to many pitches....summer after my junior year i threw out my arm pitching in a wooden bat tournament in indiana

my coach felt bad for me since i only pitched once in the tourney and he DH'd me in the last game even though i was a shitty hitter--- in the wooden bat tourney i went 3/3 and had 2 doubles off the wall- and that was the last competitive baseball i played.

Summer after my sophomore year i hit 82 at a tourney in columbus against a team from toronto called GTA sting. Also in that tournament were West Cobb Georgia- a pretty famous AAU team.

:yawning:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is critical to the Cavs success. Replacing Smith who shot 40% from 3 last year with Cole, who's a career 32% 3 point shooter, would impact the Cavs tremendously. You would basically hedge whoever defended Cole towards the lane and dare him to shoot from the outside.

When you have to ball dominate players in Kyrie and Lebron, both of whom are fantastic drivers and dishers, you need guys to space the floor. Cole is probably one of the worst outside shooting guards in the NBA. His career 3 point percentage of 32% is just only slightly above Ricky Rubio's 31%.

So now, you have Cole who can't space the floor with that lineup. Now you're forced to pull Love out of the paint, to space the court. Now you've just taken away one of Love's greatest strengths in his game that was under-utilized by Blatt. It's no coincidence Love started playing better under Lue because he utilized him as a post player too.

So what you did was you killed your outside shooting, you pulled one of your best post players away from the paint to make him once again a 3 point shooter and you've clogged the lane with an additional defender who will continually hedge off of Cole.
Smith broke the franchise record for 3's for the Cavs last year

4 guys shot at least 40% with 200 or more 3's last year

Curry
Klay
JJ Redick
JR

he is important.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually couldn't care less. I was just making an observation as a sports fan.
:fify:

Because saying you couldn't careless means there's nothing left.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I once hit a game winner in a pick up game. So we're pretty much on the same level.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting perspective, but keep in mind they also added Dunleavy (who's been around 40% from three in each of the last six seasons), plus already have eight figure committed to Shumpert...

Do they really have an overwhelming need for Smith that he's worth $15 million a year?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith broke the franchise record for 3's for the Cavs last year

4 guys shot at least 40% with 200 or more 3's last year

Curry
Klay
JJ Redick
JR

he is important.

Extremely. Which is why the Cavs will likely pony up and pay the man his money. All JR needs is one offer to go elsewhere and if the money is right, he should consider it. As I said before, JR has cost himself a lot of money in the past and should be getting paid right now.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pitching was the only position you played? Any scholarship offers from colleges?

Status
Not open for further replies.