• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem: they have nothing to offer other than Zinger or Melo.

Yeah... I know. They'd have to give up future draft picks. Derrick Rose is not going to net you a championship by himself, even with Porzingis and Melo. Knicks are better off continuing with the rebuild.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I know. They'd have to give up future draft picks. Derrick Rose is not going to net you a championship by himself, even with Porzingis and Melo. Knicks are better off continuing with the rebuild.

He's a free agent next year, can always sign him then.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks interested in Rose: Grant, lopez and a future 1st for Rose is what it would take to get talks started. As a Bulls fan I don't know if I like this trade. It really doesn't help the rebuild process. Lopez is a decent player and Grant is young but I don't see anything special from him. A future 1st doesn't help the rebuild process now. Who starts for the Bulls at PG. Bulls still wouldn't have a Shot at Dunn in the draft.

So as a Bulls fan I would say no to this trade.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't but it takes them 1 step closer to making the playoffs. They would have a nice core of Rose, Melo and Porzingis.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't but it takes them 1 step closer to making the playoffs. They would have a nice core of Rose, Melo and Porzingis.

Not really. Both Rose and Melo require the ball to be effective. Both are subpar defenders. Rose has a littany of major injuries and Melo's starting the downslope on this career. Porzingis still has a lot to prove, but he's younger and doesn't have the injury history of Rose. Also, you can't teach 7-feet while also having his shooting touch.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Both Rose and Melo require the ball to be effective. Both are subpar defenders. Rose has a littany of major injuries and Melo's starting the downslope on this career. Porzingis still has a lot to prove, but he's younger and doesn't have the injury history of Rose. Also, you can't teach 7-feet while also having his shooting touch.
I disagree, Rose was still a Top 10 PG this year. It would be a Big upgrade for the Knicks. I don't like the move for the Bulls. Im ok with trading him but we have no one who can start for the Bulls if we trade him. I would want a shot at Dunn if we trade Rose.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, Rose was still a Top 10 PG this year. It would be a Big upgrade for the Knicks. I don't like the move for the Bulls. Im ok with trading him but we have no one who can start for the Bulls if we trade him. I would want a shot at Dunn if we trade Rose.

That would be your best bet. Bulls look like they're hitting the reset button and starting the rebuild given the recent rumors. If you can trade Rose now and get something for him, that's a lot better than letting him walk for nothing.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry, Paul, Irving, Rondo, Wall, Lilliard, Westbrook, Thomas, Lowry, Kemba, Bledsoe, Conley, Reggie Jackson, Teague, Dragic... Some may still put in Parker.

I have a hard time calling Rose top 10, especially with how his defense was this year especially as the season went on. And the inability to get any consistency out of him. Every few weeks he's out for a few games it seemed, and he goes for 30 one night and 9 points 2 assists the next. I'd call him a middle of the pack starter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought Barnes was worthy of a max contract any way

He was still largely under the radar due to the emergence of his teammates, so that "potential" was still somewhat intriguing. However, his awful showing in the last few games has put him squarely in the spotlight at the least desirable time. He's even more likely to stay in GS now.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rose isn't a top 10 PG. And projecting out he certainly won't be one in the future. If the Bulls can get Lopez, Grant and a future 1st rounder, the Bulls would be stupid not to do that. Honestly, Rose wasn't even a top 20 PG in the league this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry, Paul, Irving, Rondo, Wall, Lilliard, Westbrook, Thomas, Lowry, Kemba, Bledsoe, Conley, Reggie Jackson, Teague, Dragic... Some may still put in Parker.

I have a hard time calling Rose top 10, especially with how his defense was this year especially as the season went on. And the inability to get any consistency out of him. Every few weeks he's out for a few games it seemed, and he goes for 30 one night and 9 points 2 assists the next. I'd call him a middle of the pack starter.
no way with Jackson, Teague and Dragic or Parker or Rondo. Rondo is so overrated its not even funny.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way with Jackson, Teague and Dragic or Parker or Rondo. Rondo is so overrated its not even funny.

Dude, come on, Rose was pretty terrible last year. His efficiency numbers are awful. There is literally no statistic to suggest he's a top 10 PG still. He was 44th in PER last year, not even top FIFTY in True Shooting %, and had a whopping .4 WS. He's extremely mediocre, at least last season. He isn't even close to being a top 10 PG. Closer to being the 25th best PG in the league than the 10th.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see Rose as a top 10 PG but with guys like Curry, Westbrook and Lillard stepping up their game, he's going to have to fight damn hard to keep it that way soon.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see Rose as a top 10 PG but with guys like Curry, Westbrook and Lillard stepping up their game, he's going to have to fight damn hard to keep it that way soon.

Happy Fathers Day :suds:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think he's better than Curry, Westbrook, CP3, Lillard, Wall, Isaiah Thomas, Lowry, Irving, Reggie Jackson, and Kemba Walker?

Status
Not open for further replies.