• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was playing 70%. He wasnt the same after getting hurt against houston

That's all well and good, but I'm not blaming his production on his injury. I wouldn't let the Cavs off the hook for being injured in the 2015 finals, and I won't let Curry off the hook if he was injured in these playoffs either.

Injuries happen. If he's on the court, he has to figure out a way to get something done. It doesn't necessarily have to do with his shooting. His turnovers were atrocious, and that is fully under his control.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and good, but I'm not blaming his production on his injury. I wouldn't let the Cavs off the hook for being injured in the 2015 finals, and I won't let Curry off the hook if he was injured in these playoffs either.

Injuries happen. If he's on the court, he has to figure out a way to get something done. It doesn't necessarily have to do with his shooting. His turnovers were atrocious, and that is fully under his control.

Yep im not either. Injuries happen. No excuse not to get it done

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One question.

Forgetting everything else, if KD played Barnes' minutes during that series, who would have won?

Notice how they didn't want to answer the above??

Of course the Warriors would have won, but it would substituting one versus one. The Cavs fans are indicating that the loss of the other players to add KD makes the Warriors worse. While I don't agree, I understand their logic here.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Warriors would have won, but it would substituting one versus one. The Cavs fans are indicating that the loss of the other players to add KD makes the Warriors worse. While I don't agree, I understand their logic here.
GS lost a lot on the bench.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From 1-12 yes. From 1-8 they got significantly better. Shorter rotations in the playoffs will counteract a lot of the need for quality depth at 10/11/12 spots.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically look at it this way:

The Warriors retain the core 5 of Curry, Klay, Iguodala, Draymond, Livingston.

The basically made a trade of Kevin Durant, Zaza Pachulia and David West for Harrison Barnes, Andrew Bogut, Festus Ezeli, Mo Speights, and Leandro Barbosa.

If that trade is presented to you, which side do you take?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From 1-12 yes. From 1-8 they got significantly better. Shorter rotations in the playoffs will counteract a lot of the need for quality depth at 10/11/12 spots.

Also theyre not done. Could be much better 1-9 when its all said and done

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically look at it this way:

The Warriors retain the core 5 of Curry, Klay, Iguodala, Draymond, Livingston.

The basically made a trade of Kevin Durant, Zaza Pachulia and David West for Harrison Barnes, Andrew Bogut, Festus Ezeli, Mo Speights, and Leandro Barbosa.

If that trade is presented to you, which side do you take?

Lol obviously the KD side.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The additions far outweigh the losses IMO.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the logo love patrick mccaw. Im usually really confident in any player he likes really

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the logo love patrick mccaw. Im usually really confident in any player he likes really

As a former UNLV season ticket holder I hope McCaw does well in the NBA.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we've had time to let everything sink in... I'm gonna bring something up I didn't want to bring up before because I thought it would sound like I was being salty.

I really thought it was strange how Kerr responded to the losses of Games 5 and 6. So happy-go-lucky. Like everything is fine don't worry. We got this.

After Game 5: "Hey we're in the same position as last year. Up 3-2 going to CLE with a chance to close it out. We'll take it".

After Game 6: "Its all good. If you told us we had 1 home game to win the title, we'd take it every time. We like our chances".

Maybe its easy and unfair to criticize this in hindsight with the Cavs having copmleted the comeback... but it did seem strange to me at the time.

Anyone else get that vibe or was that just me?

I honestly think he was just trying to be positive but I could when he was on the sidelines he looked VERY worried. It kinda seemed like he didnt want to give the Cavs credit and just thought the team was fine no matter what. I think he truly thought that the Warriors were going to win no matter what. I think it actually taught him a lot. It might be better they have less depth. He can play 8-9 guys every night and wont have to make many adjustments which is obviously his weakness.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys watch the same series I did? The Warriors dos not lose because of lack of rim
Protection.

Every time they subbed a rim protector in, Cleveland drew him out to the 3 point line and made him guard pick and roll. Those "rim protectors" not only made little impact in the paint, but they were a liability on pick and roll defense.

If you assume that the Cavs are going to sit TT on the block and let those bigs help, then sure, give them rim protection. Any smart coach, however, would attack just like Lue did and turn the Dubs rim protection into an asset for his team.

To beat the Cavs, the Warriors need to have quicker and more versatile bigs. They have accomplished that.

I guess you mean offensively even though you were talking about defensively. Pachulia a downgrade defensively. West is more physical but he isnt better at guarding the perimeter than Ezeli. I guess you mean the 2 rookies that have not played one game idk

I wouldnt consider KD a big but yes he will help. The small lineup will be the key

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you mean offensively even though you were talking about defensively. Pachulia a downgrade defensively. West is more physical but he isnt better at guarding the perimeter than Ezeli. I guess you mean the 2 rookies that have not played one game idk

I wouldnt consider KD a big but yes he will help. The small lineup will be the key

No man. Read my post again. I am talking about the Warriors defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.