• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the Warriors depth, was it helped immensely during the regular season. However in the playoffs, the bench for the Warriors totally disappeared. Speights was pretty much a non-factor for most of the games. Barbosa was hit or miss, but was actually really good in the finals (surprised Kerr didn't give him more run). Rush did well filling in for Barnes, but he was stuck on the bench behind all of our other wings. Ezeli was terrible, Andy V was terrible, McAdoo and Clark were too inexperienced to give any significant run.

The bench needed to be revamped with some quality depth. I think it's more important to have a quality 9 man rotation, than go 12 deep with more spread out talent for the playoffs.

I like Clark, I think he'll step his game up. Not sure on McAdoo, but he provides depth at this juncture.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just played better than us. Nothing less nothing more. It happens

It came down to 1 minute, basically 1 shot..when neither team could score.

Any analysis but that is just over sensationalizing.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It came down to 1 minute, basically 1 shot..when neither team could score.

Any analysis but that is just over sensationalizing.

Exactly. Nothing about being "mentally tough" blah blah blah. Warriors have been tested more in the west than the east last 2 years EZ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what really helped is the rim protection. Bogut and Ezeli helped with that. KD has the length to guard Lebron the problem is LBJ owns KD :laugh3:

Remember OKC had 3 defender that could guard Lebron especially on the pick-and-roll. I will say Green is much better than Ibaka. KD, Ibaka and Sefolosha. The main problem is the other way, Battier was guarding KD. The Cavs might need another defender, Jefferson is not bad at all but Battier was better IMO

Did you guys watch the same series I did? The Warriors dos not lose because of lack of rim
Protection.

Every time they subbed a rim protector in, Cleveland drew him out to the 3 point line and made him guard pick and roll. Those "rim protectors" not only made little impact in the paint, but they were a liability on pick and roll defense.

If you assume that the Cavs are going to sit TT on the block and let those bigs help, then sure, give them rim protection. Any smart coach, however, would attack just like Lue did and turn the Dubs rim protection into an asset for his team.

To beat the Cavs, the Warriors need to have quicker and more versatile bigs. They have accomplished that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Clark, I think he'll step his game up. Not sure on McAdoo, but he provides depth at this juncture.

I like Clark too. I thought McAdoo is making strides, but the Warriors now have a few young bigs that could leapfrog him. Looney is one option and another one might be Robert Carter.

Clark just needs to learn how to defend a bit better and tighten up his handle, which to me is a bit suspect.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys watch the same series I did? The Warriors dos not lose because of lack of rim
Protection.

Every time they subbed a rim protector in, Cleveland drew him out to the 3 point line and made him guard pick and roll. Those "rim protectors" not only made little impact in the paint, but they were a liability on pick and roll defense.

If you assume that the Cavs are going to sit TT on the block and let those bigs help, then sure, give them rim protection. Any smart coach, however, would attack just like Lue did and turn the Dubs rim protection into an asset for his team.

To beat the Cavs, the Warriors need to have quicker and more versatile bigs. They have accomplished that.

I know the ZaZa and West signings are huge, but adding KD helps a little also...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Clark too. I thought McAdoo is making strides, but the Warriors now have a few young bigs that could leapfrog him. Looney is one option and another one might be Robert Carter.

Clark just needs to learn how to defend a bit better and tighten up his handle, which to me is a bit suspect.

Bob myers just said today that center is a big need and hes going hard after one. Maye they can swing a deal for tyson chandler. He said a rim protector is needed. It will be interesting to see who he gets

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the ZaZa and West signings are huge, but adding KD helps a little also...

Just a tad.

When OKC was winning against GS, the reason the analysts kept pointing too was OKC's big small lineup. Durant is 7 feet tall. I know he is not an interior defender, but his length helps with rim protection and rebounding whether the Dubs are big or small.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob myers just said today that center is a big need and hes going hard after one. Maye they can swing a deal for tyson chandler. He said a rim protector is needed. It will be interesting to see who he gets

Unless a buy-out happens where the Suns release Chandler, the Warriors have no tradeable assets to get Chandler. They don't have any contracts to match salaries and since they are already over the cap, they cannot absorb his contract.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Protection.

Yep small ball with green at center was the best defensive lineup. We played great defense the whole series outside of a game or 2.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one was more of a ghost during the Finals than Steph...:dhd:

The fact that you didn't mention Harrison Barnes as a ghost, shows that indeed he was the true Ghost. And not the one from Power, but the one from Casper.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless a buy-out happens where the Suns release Chandler, the Warriors have no tradeable assets to get Chandler. They don't have any contracts to match salaries and since they are already over the cap, they cannot absorb his contract.

Saw theyre talking to willie reed. He looks like and athlete with some rim protection and quickness but havent seen him play much

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you didn't mention Harrison Barnes as a ghost, shows that indeed he was the true Ghost. And not the one from Power, but the one from Casper.

He also fails to know that all defensive attention is on steph and almost none on barnes

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also fails to know that all defensive attention is on steph and almost none on barnes

Yeah, but he's right that Curry did not play up to par, for whatever reason. Curry faced that sort of pressure all year, but he couldn't shake it in the finals.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One question.

Forgetting everything else, if KD played Barnes' minutes during that series, who would have won?

Notice how they didn't want to answer the above??

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but he's right that Curry did not play up to par, for whatever reason. Curry faced that sort of pressure all year, but he couldn't shake it in the finals.

Well he was playing 70%. He wasnt the same after getting hurt against houston

Status
Not open for further replies.