• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is that being a product of LeBron's system?

how many bigs that can cover a center, a PF on the perimeter- OR DO THAT above are their in the league? none that are better than TT thats for sure...maybe a few in the league.

Nobody disputes the Cavs made much better adjustments during the series.
Warriors kept doing the same things wrong...over and over...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS.

The Warriors bench was built up to be some monster, but in reality, the only two real consistent cogs all year were Livingston and Iguodala. Depth again is most important for the regular season. When it comes to the playoffs, especially with this new format with weeks between games, you can trot your stars out there for 40 minutes a game.

The Cavs shortened their rotation in the finals. The Warriors did not. I think this was the biggest, and probably least talked about factor in the series.

Kerr said many times we will do what we have been doing. They did it all season, why change? They did shorten it up just not as much as the Cavs, but that's who they were. You don't change something that works and if they win Game 7 we aren't even talking about it honestly.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy if you changed the way you post and not be a cocky bum then i wouldnt be going off on you

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody disputes the Cavs made much better adjustments during the series.
Warriors kept doing the same things wrong...over and over...
CAvs knew how to take a punch and punch back.....Warriors never really encountered much adversity and didnt know how to do it against a team that had some mental toughness.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Whiteside is better than TT but I strongly disagree that Tristans are everywhere.

He is an elite rebounder... especially on the offensive end of the floor.

He def is an elite rebounder, but basically , that's ALL he's asked to do, so he can camp out around the boards.
Its' not a knock, it's just my opinion.
My opinion is also that if he were on a ton of other teams, nobody would know who he is.
That's not the case with Whitseide.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GSW blow-up continues.... they've now lost Bogut, Barnes, Ezeli, Speights, Rush, & Barbosa

Warriors can't seem to catch a break this off-season. :D

That is a 6th man all star team!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAvs knew how to take a punch and punch back.....Warriors never really encountered much adversity and didnt know how to do it against a team that had some mental toughness.

I would agree with that, except they came from 3-1 down vs OKC.

I think that just drained whatever energy/emotion they had left.

If the Cavs were so mentally tough, then why were they down 1-3?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id prob switch love and thompson

Yeah for sure. But I am saying those matchups from GS's POV on defense. No way they put KD on TT, he would get every rebound lol. I guess Iggy could guard Love sometimes and KD on Lebron idk

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Down 2-1 twice last year, down 3-1 this year to OKC. Wrong again per usuall

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr said many times we will do what we have been doing. They did it all season, why change? They did shorten it up just not as much as the Cavs, but that's who they were. You don't change something that works and if they win Game 7 we aren't even talking about it honestly.

The Warriors didn't play a short rotation in 2015, but they shortened it up to an 8 man rotation, 3 games into the finals.

Adjustments are meant to be made. They needed to be made after seeing how the Cavs were shifting their lineups. The biggest hurdle though for Kerr was that Barnes was so terrible out there that he was searching for someone, anyone, to step up. Even still I would have rather seen a bad Barnes out there on the court at the end of game 7 instead of Ezeli.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we've had time to let everything sink in... I'm gonna bring something up I didn't want to bring up before because I thought it would sound like I was being salty.

I really thought it was strange how Kerr responded to the losses of Games 5 and 6. So happy-go-lucky. Like everything is fine don't worry. We got this.

After Game 5: "Hey we're in the same position as last year. Up 3-2 going to CLE with a chance to close it out. We'll take it".

After Game 6: "Its all good. If you told us we had 1 home game to win the title, we'd take it every time. We like our chances".

Maybe its easy and unfair to criticize this in hindsight with the Cavs having copmleted the comeback... but it did seem strange to me at the time.

Anyone else get that vibe or was that just me?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best course of action would be to play Love on Iguodala. TT on Draymond and Lebron on KD. Iguodala's not really blowing past people these days off the dribble.
it all comes down to who they put in the pick and roll anyway.....both teams were getting the matchups they wanted and bot hteams knew eachothers moves after such a long series....straight matchups dont mean a whole lot

the one part where straight matchups means more i think is against great Iso players...I think this is where Durant helps....its harder for the Warriors to switch against the CAvs then the CAvs to switch against teh Warriors---you might guffaw at that---- but you guys run more of a system...if we stick to defensive principles and switch and guard the 3 pt line, Cavs can do okay....if u guys switch - we all of a sudden get the matchup we want with Ky or LBJ - 2 of the very best ISO guys in the league that LOVE playing ISO....

Durant will present the same problems...its gonna be harder to switch with him on the floor because you will get stuck with a matchup you dont like and durant can do it in a variety of ways and is a nother great iso option.

this is the Cavs biggest concern i believe and why i think they need to add 1 more wing defender- unless Shumpert really has a bounce back year after a very mediocre year last year.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dumbest argument is every time a team loses theyre not "mentally tough" so every team that loses is not mentally tough? OK

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we've had time to let everything sink in... I'm gonna bring something up I didn't want to bring up before because I thought it would sound like I was being salty.

I really thought it was strange how Kerr responded to the losses of Games 5 and 6. So happy-go-lucky. Like everything is fine don't worry. We got this.

After Game 6: "Hey we're in the same position as last year. Up 3-2 going to CLE with a chance to close it out. We'll take it".

After Game 7: "Its all good. If you told us we had 1 home game to win the title, we'd take it every time. We like our chances".

Maybe its easy and unfair to criticize this in hindsight with the Cavs having copmleted the comeback... but it did seem strange to me at the time.

Anyone else get that vibe or was that just me?
i really dont believe they thought they were gonna lose until the clock struck zero....i honestly think they were shocked by it...everyone...like- i get it- no one "thinks" they are gonna lose- but i dont think they made any allowance for it going the other way....and maybe it did curtail their sense or urgency a little in retrospect

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont believe they thought they were gonna lose until the clock struck zero....i honestly think they were shocked by it...everyone...like- i get it- no one "thinks" they are gonna lose- but i dont think they made any allowance for it going the other way....and maybe it did curtail their sense or urgency a little in retrospect

Yep they didnt expect to lose for sure

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 2-1 twice last year, down 3-1 this year to OKC. Wrong again per usuall
LOl your joking about last year right?

this year the OKC is fairly valid- but KD pooped himself and gave it up as much as i think the Warriors never were down emotionally despite being down 3-1....i think they really thought they still had it. The CAvs just took it from them and were waaay waaay tougher mentally and physically during the last few games of that series.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this year the OKC is fairly valid- but KD pooped himself and gave it up as much as i think the Warriors never were down emotionally despite being down 3-1....i think they really thought they still had it. The CAvs just took it from them and were waaay waaay tougher mentally and physically during the last few games of that series.

They just played better than us. Nothing less nothing more. It happens

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One question.

Forgetting everything else, if KD played Barnes' minutes during that series, who would have won?

Status
Not open for further replies.