• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors sign both McAdoo and Clark back.

Brings the roster now to 13:

Curry, Klay, KD, Draymond Pachulia

Livingston, Iguodala, West, Clark, McAdoo, Looney, Jones, McCaw

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I met Larry Sanders when he was in college. He is a good guy, but did not seem even remotely interested in basketball. Maybe he needs the money now and will put in the effort. Signing him to a min deal could be well worth it, but man I would hate to be the team who signs him to anything remotely close to long term. Just ask the Bucks about that.

That pretty awesome. I remember meeting greg vaughn in sacremento california when he used to play baseball.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors sign both McAdoo and Clark back.

Brings the roster now to 13:

Curry, Klay, KD, Draymond Pachulia

Livingston, Iguodala, West, Clark, McAdoo, Looney, Jones, McCaw

I really dont care for mccado. They have 1 more spot open which probably goes to the center they sign. I still say we need 1 more shooter. We dont have enough shooting

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 2-1 twice last year, down 3-1 this year to OKC. Wrong again per usuall

:lol: at Wiggy.

Cavs come back from 3-1 and they are "mentally tough."

Warriors do it and "they never really faced much adversity." :pound:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we've had time to let everything sink in... I'm gonna bring something up I didn't want to bring up before because I thought it would sound like I was being salty.

I really thought it was strange how Kerr responded to the losses of Games 5 and 6. So happy-go-lucky. Like everything is fine don't worry. We got this.

After Game 5: "Hey we're in the same position as last year. Up 3-2 going to CLE with a chance to close it out. We'll take it".

After Game 6: "Its all good. If you told us we had 1 home game to win the title, we'd take it every time. We like our chances".

Maybe its easy and unfair to criticize this in hindsight with the Cavs having copmleted the comeback... but it did seem strange to me at the time.

Anyone else get that vibe or was that just me?

What was he supposed to say?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at Wiggy.

Cavs come back from 3-1 and they are "mentally tough."

Warriors do it and "they never really faced much adversity." :pound:

K, THREE people noticed the duality...

But hey, Wiggy's gonna keep trying to magnify the Cavs to everybody. Too bad he MIGHT be forced to zip his lip around this time next year...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bunch of dumbasses. That's why I don't do Facebook. Too many stupid people.

Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows they're going 82-0.

:clap: Bravo

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was he supposed to say?

I mean... there's plenty of room between "no biggie, we're good" and "oh no! we're in trouble! we're gonna lose! its all over!"

Like I said... its easy to say in hindsight. If they'd closed it out... his calm confidence would look genius.

I'm not trying to be overly critical of it or say that it contributed to their defeat... I just thought it was strange at the time how little urgency there seemed to be from Kerr.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are looking at Kendrick Perkins.

After watching him on the Cavs in 2014-15... this does not worry me.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... there's plenty of room between "no biggie, we're good" and "oh no! we're in trouble! we're gonna lose! its all over!"

Like I said... its easy to say in hindsight. If they'd closed it out... his calm confidence would look genius.

I'm not trying to be overly critical of it or say that it contributed to their defeat... I just thought it was strange at the time how little urgency there seemed to be from Kerr.

I just don't see what else he was supposed to say. The fact is they were in the same position as last year going into game 6 and if you asked any coach in the league if he'd like his teams chances in a game 7 at home, every one of them would say yes.

What he said was about as cliche' as it gets. Outside of pointing out what they needed to do better, there really wasn't much else for him to say.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall defensively Bogut was great for the Warriors. However, I am assuming that there are only 2 teams capable of challenging the Warriors in a series. 1 of those is Cleveland, and Bogut does not match up well with them.

West is much better equipped to switch in pick and roll than any big the Warriors had on their roster last year. For that reason, their defense will be much better suited to guard the Cavs.

West won't be getting too many minutes and when he does play it will be against the backups, it helps but not a lot. He played 18 minutes a game last year, so basically Ezeli's minutes he will take.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see what else he was supposed to say. The fact is they were in the same position as last year going into game 6 and if you asked any coach in the league if he'd like his teams chances in a game 7 at home, every one of them would say yes.

What he said was about as cliche' as it gets.

That's not how I saw it but maybe my vested interest in the Cavs affected my perspective.

It seemed like he was overly eager to dismiss any and all concern.

At the start of each postgame he had a chance to say whatever he wanted. Instead of talking about the game that just happened... about what they did well and didn't do well... and about what they needed to improve for the next game...

It was just straight into... "Dissappointed we lost but we're in a great position. We like our chances. We got this."... before anyone even asked a question.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how I saw it but maybe my vested interest in the Cavs affected my perspective.

At the start of each postgame he had a chance to say whatever he wanted. Instead of talking about the game that just happened... about what they did well and didn't do well... and about what they needed to improve for the next game...

It was just straight into... "Dissappointed we lost but we're in a great position. We like our chances. We got this."... before anyone even asked a question.

Exactly, most coaches would say what they need to work on. It seemed like he had no urgency. Maybe he was confused what do, I mean his adjustments weren't very good :laugh3: Or I think the pressure just built up and he really thought they weren't go to lose, whose to blame him though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He said exactly what any other coach in the same situation has said/would say, including Lue. It's so cliche' and expected, it's boring. The news would have been if he had said almost anything else.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West won't be getting too many minutes and when he does play it will be against the backups, it helps but not a lot. He played 18 minutes a game last year, so basically Ezeli's minutes he will take.

He does not need a lot of minutes.

What you are failing to see is that all the minutes GS got from big men where overwhelmingly negative. If West can give them 15 neutral minutes against Cleveland, they are miles ahead of where they last year. That is all they need, because 1-4 nobody can hang.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are looking at Kendrick Perkins.

After watching him on the Cavs in 2014-15... this does not worry me.

Just
Saw this:

"The Warriors have expressed interest in free agent Kendrick Perkins, per sources. Perkins is, of course, close friends with Kevin Durant."

Lulzies

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you gotta look at all possibilities, but the guy couldn't guard my couch...

An NBAer that's awful @ defense? Mike D'Antoni would offer him a multi year deal before you could say three seconds.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just
Saw this:

"The Warriors have expressed interest in free agent Kendrick Perkins, per sources. Perkins is, of course, close friends with Kevin Durant."

Lulzies
Yep, that's what I was referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.