• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said exactly what any other coach in the same situation has said/would say, including Lue. It's so cliche' and expected, it's boring. The news would have been if he had said almost anything else.

No way. Lue takes a very opposite approach when it comes to what he has to say after a loss.

I agree that most coaches would say something similar if asked how they felt about their team's chances in the series.

But I've never seen a coach use that line as the opening recap statement after losing a game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely take Sanders over Perkins.

Not sure how widely known the Larry Sanders story is, but the dude had never played organized basketball until his senior year of high school. His coach found him roaming the halls and begged him to play.

I met him the summer after he was redshirted at VCU. He was Working at 5-star basketball camp where I was coaching. He literally did not know basic basketball rules that an average 10 year old would. Again, he is a great guy, but he never really seemed to have any real interest in the sport. It was just, "hey, you are super talented, so you should do this".

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at Wiggy.

Cavs come back from 3-1 and they are "mentally tough."

Warriors do it and "they never really faced much adversity." :pound:

Warriors did it with HC advantage, for them being down 3-1 in the first place it was much more egregious imo

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely take Sanders over Perkins.

Not sure how widely known the Larry Sanders story is, but the dude had never played organized basketball until his senior year of high school. His coach found him roaming the halls and begged him to play.

I met him the summer after he was redshirted at VCU. He was Working at 5-star basketball camp where I was coaching. He literally did not know basic basketball rules that an average 10 year old would. Again, he is a great guy, but he never really seemed to have any real interest in the sport. It was just, "hey, you are super talented, so you should do this".

I follow the bucks. So yes i am very much aware of the story. Which is amazing that he got to be one of the best rim protectors in the nba for a couple years with the bucks. Also his offense kept improving a bit. To me hes the last ingredient we need, rim protector who can board and a very athletic 5 at that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are interested in sanders

I'm sure they are.

I have my doubts that Sanders would comeback for any amount that the Warriors or Cavs could offer. My guess is if he wants to come back its because he sees the type of money being handed to people with less talent than him.

If he is willing to take something the Warriors or Cavs can offer.... I hope he chooses the Cavs!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at Wiggy.

Cavs come back from 3-1 and they are "mentally tough."

Warriors do it and "they never really faced much adversity." :pound:

Nothing else to talk about that could be a warriors flaw so we have to make up something right?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing else to talk about that could be a warriors flaw so we have to make up something right?

Pretty much.

I for one am prepared to pounce on any and all perceived imperfections, however small.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are interested in sanders

Signing with a contender would be Intersting. Could either be really good or a complete disaster. He might just thrive under the pressure because he doesn't care that much. Then again, he might frustrate the hell out of his teammates because he doesn't care that much.

I think Kerr's personality is better suited to handling him than Lue's would be. I think the Phil Jackson/Dennis Rodman approach would work best. Stay out of his personal affairs and take everything he gives the team as an unexpected bonus.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing with a contender would be Intersting. Could either be really good or a complete disaster. He might just thrive under the pressure because he doesn't care that much. Then again, he might frustrate the hell out of his teammates because he doesn't care that much.

I think Kerr's personality is better suited to handling him than Lue's would be. I think the Phil Jackson/Dennis Rodman approach would work best. Stay out of his personal affairs and take everything he gives the team as an unexpected bonus.

Would love the risk

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perkins is only good for a hard foul, he was a complete mess 2 years ago, i shutter to think how bad he is now

Yep.
Maybe if they sign him and it doesn't work out, they can amnesty him??:L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I've never seen a coach use that line as the opening recap statement after losing a game.

Don't know what you've been watching then. Because it's one of the most cliche'd things coaches say.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NBAer that's awful @ defense? Mike D'Antoni would offer him a multi year deal before you could say three seconds.

You left out the part "with no offensive game whatsoever". All Perkins does these days is scowl.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out the part "with no offensive game whatsoever". All Perkins does these days is scowl.

Well if G.S. does pick him up Kerr can use to him to glare @ the refs.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1,000 durant jerseys sold in the first 2 hours since its been available

Status
Not open for further replies.